JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Selling completed setups or part things out

• Total voters
Seems to me you asked a general question about pricing strategy when selling a used gun, so the question was legit for this section.

I'd keep the gun intact not just because its likely to bring more that way. But also because if you sell it as pieces it will take doing several deals, which is more work. And you are more likely to end up with one or more parts unsold.

Similar problem when you have extra grips, magazines, and holsters. If I have some other gun the extras will fit I give buyer his choice and offer extras only for extra money. If not, I throw extras into the deal for a but more money, not necessarily much more. That is, I use extras mostly to sweeten the deal.
I usually throw in extra things like grips, buffer tube and such like items if the person was buying something expensive, kind of a "thank you" of sorts..

Disclaimer: I am 100% against the NFA, GCA, etc.

I am going to play devils advocate for a minute with your pistol/sbr photo.

Let's pretend the two items in the photo you provided were murder hornet launchers. The Goverment decided that the MH launcher with the Stock should be illegal because it might allow you more accuracy or comfort when you are launching murder hornets at the noisy kids next door jumping on their stupid trampoline.

Somebody who hates murder hornets and murder hornet launchers might say wait a minute both of those launchers are going cause me a near equal amount of grief if my neighbor goes on a murder hornet launching spree. We should ban both of them.

I guess the argument that there is little difference between the two isn't going to convince anyone to accept both but may in fact convince some that both should be banned.
D@mn! Now you've done it! I wanna murder hornet launcher!

Murder hornets you say.....

images.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top