JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Selling completed setups or part things out

• Total voters
A "stainless fluted barrel" is for looks. Just shoot your stock barrel. Unless you're taking Instagram photos. There is a reason the call BCM a FIGHTING rifle. I'd gladly trust my life with a BCM. If you hate it that much I'll gladly take it from you.
I don't hate it, I have several rifles and this was something I was going to build. Plus I want something I can put a low profile gas block on without doing too much work because of the fixed FSP that's on it now. :D

And the fluted barrel wasn't really about looks or a cool factor, I don't generally take pictures of any of my firearms and put them on the Internet, I don't really personally think that's wise. But I'm not in my 20s anymore so I'd like to have something a little lighter to handle.

I don't hate it, I have several rifles and this was something I was going to build. Plus I want something I can put a low profile gas block on without doing too much work because of the fixed FSP that's on it now. :D
Fixe FSP is the way to go. I'd leave it. I personally love irons.

Fixe FSP is the way to go. I'd leave it. I personally love irons.
Oh I love irons too, I just completed my MK18 MOD 0 and I absolutely love it and that's gonna be my go to gun if everything goes to shi_. Granted I don't really think that's ever going to happen, but you never know.

I think parting it out it would be a colossal PITA for you and probably leave you with parts left over
I say sell it as a unit

I think parting it out it would be a colossal PITA for you and probably leave you with parts left over
I say sell it as a unit
Well in regards to selling all the individual pieces, you are probably right. But if I were to keep the upper receiver, muzzle device and gas tube I could probably sell the barrel, delta ring, barrel nut and FSB for a lot less and someone might actually be interested in it since it's brand new and never had any rounds put downrange. I'm sure there are a lot of guys here that are pretty good gunsmiths and they could easily build a good, solid and dependable rifle with the barrel.

Yeah it's a complete factory build but I can't get the damn thing sold, I told people to make offers but..
Price matters, it will sell at the right price. Being a 14.5 barrel limits the audience, especially with brace fiasco going on. Try dropping it $25 a week. At some point it is going to sell.

Price matters, it will sell at the right price. Being a 14.5 barrel limits the audience, especially with brace fiasco going on. Try dropping it $25 a week. At some point it is going to sell.
It sucks when you wanna buy an upper and it's 14.5 pin and welded and it doesn't host your suppressors. Just gunna eat more money.

Not pin and welded on mine, never mounted on lower…
Yea. 14.5 is a nice length. I personally hate the whole "ar pistol" fad. I would much rather go SBR. And at 14.5 I might as well just go 16" and not have to deal with the NFA and a 200 dollar tax stamp. Now with that being said my 11.5 SBR was well worth it.

Yea. 14.5 is a nice length. I personally hate the whole "ar pistol" fad. I would much rather go SBR. And at 14.5 I might as well just go 16" and not have to deal with the NFA and a 200 dollar tax stamp. Now with that being said my 11.5 SBR was well worth it.
The only problem I can see with a standard 16" barrel.. and is partly why a lot of companies came out with the Midlength gas system for 16" barrels... the Carbine gas/FSB sits way too far to the rear for a bayonet to be used, unless one opts for a certain barrel profile that enables bayonet mounting and extra long muzzle devices?

I opted for shaved bayonet lug on my Daniel Defense FSB for my 12" 6.5 Grendel pistol. I might get a new Aero lower and build it into a SBR eventually for the Model 733 clone look but at the moment its a "large pistol" with a cheek rest or a blade brace that looks like a CAR15 retro stock minus the shoulder plate part

This whole "sbr" thing kinda pisses me off...

Are either of these more deadly then the other???

No they are not, the bureaucrats want everyone to think so though so they can get public support to ban them outright or continue to have ridiculous amounts of red tape and fees just to have one when they are not any different whatsoever. Oh yea and of course to put you in/on a registry.

1631789062463.jpeg
A

Last Edited:
This whole "sbr" thing kinda pisses me off,
are either of these more deadly then the other???
No, the Bureaucrats want everyone to think so though so they can get public support to ban them outright or continue to have a ridiculous amount of red tape and fees just to have one when they are not any different whatsoever.
View attachment 1032867
That gun on the bottom looks like pure evil. I'll bet the serial number on that beast is 666.

This whole "sbr" thing kinda pisses me off,
are either of these more deadly then the other???
No, the Bureaucrats want everyone to think so though so they can get public support to ban them outright or continue to have a ridiculous amount of red tape and fees just to have one when they are not any different whatsoever.
View attachment 1032867
Disclaimer: I am 100% against the NFA, GCA, etc.

I am going to play devils advocate for a minute with your pistol/sbr photo.

Let's pretend the two items in the photo you provided were murder hornet launchers. The Goverment decided that the MH launcher with the Stock should be illegal because it might allow you more accuracy or comfort when you are launching murder hornets at the noisy kids next door jumping on their stupid trampoline.

Somebody who hates murder hornets and murder hornet launchers might say wait a minute both of those launchers are going cause me a near equal amount of grief if my neighbor goes on a murder hornet launching spree. We should ban both of them.

I guess the argument that there is little difference between the two isn't going to convince anyone to accept both but may in fact convince some that both should be banned.

Disclaimer: I am 100% against the NFA, GCA, etc.

I am going to play devils advocate for a minute with your pistol/sbr photo.

Let's pretend the two items in the photo you provided were murder hornet launchers. The Goverment decided that the MH launcher with the Stock should be illegal because it might allow you more accuracy or comfort when you are launching murder hornets at the noisy kids next door jumping on their stupid trampoline.

Somebody who hates murder hornets and murder hornet launchers might say wait a minute both of those launchers are going cause me a near equal amount of grief if my neighbor goes on a murder hornet launching spree. We should ban both of them.

I guess the argument that there is little difference between the two isn't going to convince anyone to accept both but may in fact convince some that both should be banned.
You are absolutely correct...and you will/we not change the minds of the ever obedient sheep that go along with gun grabbers...

Last Edited:
Interesting thing happened. had some brand new member want to buy something real late last night, I checked out the account and pretty much nothing to look at so I responded "Do you want all of the items you mentioned" no response, nada, zip. The person left a phone number only. So I will see if this person responds or conveniently disappears. This is why I have my argument about the service I use for payment, it negates the ability of scammers to screw me over... Granted this person might not be a scammer (this remains to be seen) but doing transactions this way does deter many would-be scammers...

Exactly, that's why I was a little worried about getting in trouble
Seems to me you asked a general question about pricing strategy when selling a used gun, so the question was legit for this section.

I'd keep the gun intact not just because its likely to bring more that way. But also because if you sell it as pieces it will take doing several deals, which is more work. And you are more likely to end up with one or more parts unsold.

Similar problem when you have extra grips, magazines, and holsters. If I have some other gun the extras will fit I give buyer his choice and offer extras only for extra money. If not, I throw extras into the deal for a but more money, not necessarily much more. That is, I use extras mostly to sweeten the deal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top