JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Selling completed setups or part things out

• Total voters
Reactions
Is it better to tear down a complete upper to try to sell; that way people can pick and choose the parts that they want? as opposed to buying the whole complete upper...
I have a BCM upper that I want to get rid of but I am thinking I should just tear it down...

Aside from my particular example; do you guys/gals think that is a better way to sell this type of item/items?

Thanks

Is it better to tear down a complete upper to try to sell; that way people can pick and choose the parts that they want? as opposed to buying the whole complete upper...
I have a BCM upper that I want to get rid of but I am thinking I should just tear it down...

Aside from my particular example; do you guys/gals think that is a better way to sell this type of item/items?

Thanks
I would sell it complete.

I know you can build AR's but I'm a building noob and I'm not ashamed to admit it! I feel more comfortable purchasing a completed build. I'm sure you can get better performance from a custom build but I'm old school I like to keep my guns as close to the stock/factory configuration as possible. You can make some pretty awesome AR's both of my AR's came from members on here one is a complete PSA the other is a 7.62x39 AR pistol. My point being they are both great but take into consideration some people who are purchase AR's it is their first time getting into the platform the amount of customization/parts available can overwhelming. Make it simple and hopefully you will make a sale! Best of luck - Pete

Here's the problem with taking things apart. Everything loses value faster if taken apart.. because...

Stripped BCM upper
BCM barrel and nut
Gas block
Handguard set or tube
Gas tube
Each piece will lose value faster if taken off.

Keeping whole upper is better.

Here's the problem with taking things apart. Everything loses value faster if taken apart.. because...

Stripped BCM upper
BCM barrel and nut
Gas block
Handguard set or tube
Gas tube
Each piece will lose value faster if taken off.

Keeping whole upper is better.
This is probably true, even if everything is brand new.

That's not allowed I believe, i'm not even sure if I am supposed to mention it here… :oops:
That's exactly what you're currently doing. Advertising in the general discussions. Which I could care less. Some stuff moves and some stuff sits. It's all about demand/price.

Something else I've been toying with is pulling off the barrel, keeping everything else; buying a different barrel and just building another rifle maybe a nice stainless steel match barrel?

I know that BCM makes a nice stainless steel match barrel but how does it compare to some of the other match barrels out there, Wilson combat makes a really nice fluted one.

I know that BCM makes a nice stainless steel match barrel but how does it compare to some of the other match barrels out there, Wilson combat makes a really nice fluted one.
A "stainless fluted barrel" is for looks. Just shoot your stock barrel. Unless you're taking Instagram photos. There is a reason the call BCM a FIGHTING rifle. I'd gladly trust my life with a BCM. If you hate it that much I'll gladly take it from you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top