JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy folks, I'm in the process of liquidating my excessive clutter that I've had for a few years and don't want the wife to have to deal with it.
I'm too tired to look for past ads of this nature.
I have partial powder cans that need to go, I have weighed and labeled them all. I need to know what the going rate for these. I should add that I am looking for a general idea.These were taken in trades and all smell pleasant, not fowl.
See pics please.
Thanks in advance. ;)

15C316B1-EB0F-4D01-B9AE-3188A9714A40.jpeg

B0F18AEC-B7C7-4AA9-8488-4DBECE7D238D.jpeg

D5B06EEC-5CFF-4C3B-81DB-F24372D022E7.jpeg

I would figure it is worth about $30/lb retail unopened during normal times (some more, some less, and of course it depends on the store). That's $1.88/oz.

With powder getting scarce, it might be worth more than that. On the other hand, it is opened and you basically just want to get rid of it, so it might make sense knocking the retail price down by some percentage to encourage a quick sale.

One thing that might reduce the value to some reloaders, is that the quantity is small and powder can vary slightly from lot to lot. But I think those types just won't bother you.

Anyone who needed one of those powders for an established load and couldn't find it for sale, would definitely want it -- working up a new load takes a lot of time and burns a lot of materials, so that would be your ideal buyer. They need it, you have it, and even if you charge above retail, they'll save money compared to working up a load with a different powder.

I would figure it is worth about $30/lb retail unopened during normal times (some more, some less, and of course it depends on the store). That's $1.88/oz.

With powder getting scarce, it might be worth more than that. On the other hand, it is opened and you basically just want to get rid of it, so it might make sense knocking the retail price down by some percentage to encourage a quick sale.

One thing that might reduce the value to some reloaders, is that the quantity is small and powder can vary slightly from lot to lot. But I think those types just won't bother you.

All of the above.

Powder got scarce early in the Covid thing, not so much now with several exceptions. The powders from Australia are still hard to get. Events right around the corner might change this situation for the worse. Never mind powder, I've got a few things I'd like to sell but I'm not doing anything with them until after the election.

What I've done in the past with partials I wanted to part with. (1) Make the price cheap enough to interest someone in such small quantity. (2) Throw it in as a sweetener for a larger deal.

In any case, good on you for thinking of the future and saving your wife some hassle. One thing to think about, after a person is gone, the value of a lot of their stuff becomes unknown to family members. It loses its identity and they may let it go for nothing or next to nothing. Get something out of it while you still have control.

All of the above.

Powder got scarce early in the Covid thing, not so much now with several exceptions. The powders from Australia are still hard to get. Events right around the corner might change this situation for the worse. Never mind powder, I've got a few things I'd like to sell but I'm not doing anything with them until after the election.

What I've done in the past with partials I wanted to part with. (1) Make the price cheap enough to interest someone in such small quantity. (2) Throw it in as a sweetener for a larger deal.

In any case, good on you for thinking of the future and saving your wife some hassle. One thing to think about, after a person is gone, the value of a lot of their stuff becomes unknown to family members. It loses its identity and they may let it go for nothing or next to nothing. Get something out of it while you still have control.

Just like my fishing stuff, I hope she doesn't sell it for what I told her I paid for it...:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top