JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't "need" to get my CDL but I'm thinking of getting it just so I don't have to worry about the 26K limit when towing larger equipment around for my personal use. It might be useful for helping our a few friends when they need a driver.

Any recommendations for schools or classes? Ideally, something I could do part time. I'm not sure if there are part-time classes anywhere - I seem to just find full-time classes.

Classes are really expensive for what they are. If I were you I wouldn't worry about the weight limit for anything personal as lots of newer 5th wheels and trucks are well over that limit. Get your permit and med card and see if your friend can help in exchange for some help driving. If said friend is long haul he could really benefit if he is a solo driver.

Thanks - yes they are expensive and kind of a pita to attend. It seems like there is demand but I guess restricting the number of drivers out there keeps the wages up. I don't really mind the expense but I do mind the inconvenience of full time classes - I have real work to do.

You also pegged it. A newer diesel pickup can tow over 30K. I want to buy a bigger excavator that would probably put me over 26K for my short hauls.

I guess I can just stick a "Farm vehicle" sticker on there and hope I don't get flagged by the po-po.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads