JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The other day I thought I saw a posting on this forum about Parkrose Hardware posting a NO GUNS sign at the entrance of their buildings. Today I went by their Portland store at 106th & Sandy Blvd. Sure enough, there was a sign posted at the entrance. I'd never seen it before and I've been into that store quite a bit for hardware and tools. The sign looks like this:

ConcealedCarrySign.gif

I turned around and left the store. I won't be going back. Parkrose has always been my "go to" place for anything hardware or tool related. That is all over now. I'll be shopping elsewhere from now on.

I did visit the Parkrose Hardware web site (www.parkrosehardware.com). On their Contact Us page you can leave them a message if you want. I did so and left them a polite message explaining that I would no longer be doing any business with them as a result of their anti-gun store policy. I added that I would be contacting local online gun forums and web sites and passing this information along in the hope that other law abiding gun rights supporters would also avoid doing business with their company. If enough of us do something about this, perhaps Parkrose Hardware will reconsider such a wrong-headed store policy.

I would urge other Northwest Firearms Forum members to contact Parkrose Hardware and tell them what you think. (Be polite though - they probably won't react well to insults or written abuse.)

ConcealedCarrySign.gif

The ACE hardware off 185th is one of my favorites.
Overall they seem pro-gun.
A bunch of their vehicles have NRA stickers as well as pro2A stickers.
A few of them even talk guns when not busy.

They carry every nut and bolt you could imagine as well as a few other odds and ends.
Ive OC'ed there a few times, no troubles.

Ill write Parkrose and let them know they've lost my business and all potential business from my company.

The other day I thought I saw a posting on this forum about Parkrose Hardware posting a NO GUNS sign at the entrance of their buildings. Today I went by their Portland store at 106th & Sandy Blvd. Sure enough, there was a sign posted at the entrance. I'd never seen it before and I've been into that store quite a bit for hardware and tools. The sign looks like this:

View attachment 70416

I turned around and left the store. I won't be going back. Parkrose has always been my "go to" place for anything hardware or tool related. That is all over now. I'll be shopping elsewhere from now on.

I did visit the Parkrose Hardware web site (www.parkrosehardware.com). On their Contact Us page you can leave them a message if you want. I did so and left them a polite message explaining that I would no longer be doing any business with them as a result of their anti-gun store policy. I added that I would be contacting local online gun forums and web sites and passing this information along in the hope that other law abiding gun rights supporters would also avoid doing business with their company. If enough of us do something about this, perhaps Parkrose Hardware will reconsider such a wrong-headed store policy.

I would urge other Northwest Firearms Forum members to contact Parkrose Hardware and tell them what you think. (Be polite though - they probably won't react well to insults or written abuse.)

Done

I also to frequent Parkrose, not no more. Mostly cause I'm lazy and my holster is a pain to get off....just kidding. Since I got my CCW I have been noticing more and more of those stupid signs. I also sent them a message saying I will not shop there anymore.

Thanks for the heads up. What is interesting is that about 6 months ago I needed a couple screws for a gun I was working on. I went to Parkrose Hardware on 164th in Vancouver and told them what I needed. Out came the "Brownells" screw selection box............so I guess they can sell parts to repair evil guns, just don't bring them to the store. I'm done with them too. E-mail sent. Thanks again

The ACE hardware off 185th is one of my favorites.
Overall they seem pro-gun.
A bunch of their vehicles have NRA stickers as well as pro2A stickers.
A few of them even talk guns when not busy.

They carry every nut and bolt you could imagine as well as a few other odds and ends.
Ive OC'ed there a few times, no troubles.

Ill write Parkrose and let them know they've lost my business and all potential business from my company.

If you haven't already, add a positive comment on the Friend or Foe website to let the rest of us know they are firearms friendly. I try my best to not patronize establishments that don't want me there and Friend or Foe allows me to look for good friendly alternatives.

I like to support small and local business. I used to pass a Lowes and Home Depot to go to Parkrose. The day I saw those signs I was infuriated. Why should I give them my money?

While those big box stores may not be so great for the little guys, they go by local laws.

bubblegum Parkrose!

Was at Parkrose in Portland (on Sandy) today. Looked all over for the sign and it wasn't up. Only thing I could find were two small signs that stated "No Zombies Allowed."
Maybe they got the message.....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads