JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<< Mods move if needed >> << Due to changes in NWFA, the section this thread was in no longer allows updating>>
NWFA read-only thread

UPDATE 10/2020
Parents who sued a school district after their children died in a mass shooting at a Florida high school are being asked to turn over psychiatric records to prove they've suffered mental anguish – ABC

The Sun-Sentinel is the more complete story, but is soft paywall

I'm sorry but that is insane! We are talking about the loss of life of people's children. Saying you need a note from the doctor to validate a person's pain and suffering is moronic, heartless, and beyond infuriating. Especially when the district and so many others were so grossly incompetent. :rolleyes:

Saying you need a note from the doctor to validate a person's pain and suffering is moronic, heartless, and beyond infuriating.
Only if they want some of that settlement. Otherwise people are free to grieve as they see fit.

I agree that there's a certain amount (l don't have a number to put on it. Apparently, in this suit, the number is $300k) of intangible damage done to the immediate families, that is a given and shouldn't require third party proof.

I would also strenuously object to turning over health and/or treatment records to the Broward county school board (?!! BubbleguuuUUUuuum YOU!).... seems HIPA laws would rule that out and if not, it looks like a case where the ACLU could actually do some good (for once).

I agree that it's heartless, as you say. But civil suits and the law in general are heartless. The defendants and their council would be doing a disservice to the taxpayers (who will be/are paying for ALL of this) if they didn't mount a vigorous defense, even if what they are defending is indefensible.

Parkland Shooter Plead Guilty - Faces Death Penalty

Cruz also pleaded guilty to 17 counts of attempted murder in 2018 shooting at Florida's Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School

"I have to live with this every day, and it brings me nightmares and I can't live with myself sometimes. But I try to push through because I know that's what you guys would want me to do.""

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top