JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Long before the current cultural environment, vehicles at trail-heads were a target for theft, vandalism etc. Many had no stickers and some did. Any 'gun' related sticker is a big 'come and get it' to those who take from others. Trail-heads are 'iffy' places to park your vehicle. If you are lucky the vehicle will still be with all of its contents and undamaged. But the closer you are to a population the greater the odds against you or your vehicle.

This also applies to your apparel....
Hats, tee shirts, coats.

I and the other half are former LE and the boys are both Deputies, one is in mulnomath co. And dealing with Antifa taking pictures of him and his car.

Staying on the down low and vigilant will keep your ride and yourself and family safer.

Well, muzzleloaders essentially use the same anti-theft mechanism a non-synchronized manual transmission has. Lack of knowledge on how to use it.

Well something like this should be real safe LOL My 48 Willys Jeep

hAbUZfH.jpg

Man I don't want to jynx myself but I have never had an issue at trailheads. Either I don't hike enough, or I am usually in remote enough spots no one sees my rig.

Plus I drive a 20 year old beat up truck. With nothing but trash and blankets inside.

If there is more than one car at the trailhead just think of it as a competition. The most innocuous vehicle that looks empty, with the empty glovebox door open, and parked in the most visible spot is the last one they would break into or damage. Also never park next to a big van if at all possible.

Any car with stuff visible would be first, probably followed by yuppy mobiles. Third would be vehicles with slogans or some reason for them to damage. Stickers won't help and most definitely can hurt cuz poeple are nuts right now about lashing out at something.

No stickers and I leave every part of the vehicle visibly bare. I used to remove the rotor (remember them?) to make it more likely that the rig would be there when I got back. I've debated leaving the door unlocked to prevent a smashed window, but these days I wouldn't use a popular trailhead.

Years ago, I car pooled to work. The parking lot we parked at was in Tacoma, and was know to have cars broken into. One of the other riders used to leave his beater car unlocked. One day, he found his door lock had been been punched in with a screw driver to unlock it, even though it was unlocked. Your post just reminded me of the event, lol.

Years ago, I car pooled to work. The parking lot we parked at was in Tacoma, and was know to have cars broken into. One of the other riders used to leave his beater car unlocked. One day, he found his door lock had been been punched in with a screw driver to unlock it, even though it was unlocked. Your post just reminded me of the event, lol.
Smart ones, those tweakers... :p

Fwiw, to the antifa anarchist types I think "Geissele" would have the same effect as a "Gamakatsu" sticker (u fishermen know what I mean). They would say "what the heck is that" is what I'm thinking. But then again, why chance it? Maybe the goofballs would look it up on their phone who knows.:s0092:

I have two gun related stickers on my truck...

A National Muzzleloading Rifle Association
And
Washington State Muzzleloaders Association
( Shocker I know....:D )

I haven't had any issues with my truck being messed with while at a trail head or on public land.

As for tips or tricks...
Just the usual...lock it up , keep valuables out of sight , that sort of thing.
Andy
Of course, but you need to see why Andy's truck is left alone...
Jeeper Creeper Truck.JPG

Fwiw, to the antifa anarchist types I think "Geissele" would have the same effect as a "Gamakatsu" sticker (u fishermen know what I mean). They would say "what the heck is that" is what I'm thinking. But then again, why chance it? Maybe the goofballs would look it up on their phone who knows.:s0092:

My grandfather was an anti-fascist and earned a silver star and a purple heart as a sergeant in the US Army fighting and killing fascists. Thanks to anti-fascists like him, we live in a free country. This Geissele owner is proud to be anti-fascist as well. Being anti-fascist used to be assumed in this country, especially among the 2A community.

I'm more worried about meth-heads and younger prowlers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top