JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
doesnt matter to the bad guy.

2 cars at a lonely trailhead. 1 car has a Glock sticker on it, the other doesnt. Which one would you smash first?
Neither, cuz I ain't that bubblegumty of a person. You know that... :)

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I'll just bring gun stickers to the trailhead to put on other trucks. Same sort of logic as bringing my fat friend to hunt in Griz country :s0145:

Last Edited:

2 cars at a lonely trailhead. 1 car has a Glock sticker on it, the other doesnt. Which one would you smash first?
Neither. I'd be afraid if I found a Glock in one, I might accidentally handle it.

The smell doesn't come off, and prolonged exposure will leave a ring on the skin.

Assuming the sticker contains no graphics that are recognizable as being gun-related, a Geissele logo ought to be sufficiently esoteric as to not attract any attention from the uninitiated.

I have two gun related stickers on my truck...

A National Muzzleloading Rifle Association
And
Washington State Muzzleloaders Association
( Shocker I know....:D )

I haven't had any issues with my truck being messed with while at a trail head or on public land.

As for tips or tricks...
Just the usual...lock it up , keep valuables out of sight , that sort of thing.
Andy
Well, muzzleloaders essentially use the same anti-theft mechanism a non-synchronized manual transmission has. Lack of knowledge on how to use it. o_O

The one with stuff in it, the more expensive, the more discrete, the closest... in that order.

I need to put a sticker over some scratches in my bumper. Torn between Ruger and G. Loomis at the moment.

Breakin? Yes. Possibly.

Violence/vandalism? That too with the country becoming more and more polarized and people not just willing, but wanting to do bad things. Even with neutral or good stickers you would think nobody could dislike, there is some idiot out there who would misinterpret it.

No stickers and I leave every part of the vehicle visibly bare. I used to remove the rotor (remember them?) to make it more likely that the rig would be there when I got back. I've debated leaving the door unlocked to prevent a smashed window, but these days I wouldn't use a popular trailhead.

The Gray Man as the advantage.

If ya know what I mean...
We have no stickers on our vehicles.
Gray Man drives green van

bumper-stickers-cover-an-old-hippie-van-CYX39Y.jpg

There have been an uptick in break ins at fishing sites. Tweakers looking for something to pawn for their next fix. I don't think it matters whar stickers a vehicle has or doesn't have.

I'm also not one to provide free advertising for companies either, so mine remain bare. Hell, I made the dealer remove their dealership placard and license plate frame unless they wanted to pay me a monthly advertising fee.

Hell, I made the dealer remove their dealership placard and license plate frame unless they wanted to pay me a monthly advertising fee.
I've never allowed these sorts of things on any of my vehicles, for exactly the same reason.

IMHO stickers of any kind will be offensive to all those who don't like their message, so why apply them? Like my comment on OC, why provoke the stupid people?

Until a couple years ago these symbols were seemingly innocuous and or symbolism unknown to most. Not anymore...

I keep em on my truck, but don't have em on my sports car.

stickers or not, I am always a little concerned about leaving my vehicles at trailheads. Don't leave anything of value inside or in view.
67E1AF5D-1B25-4077-9239-A47032ECB645.jpeg 9C1CA44E-C7C0-497F-8720-6D6C0A0B7AD4.jpeg

Last Edited:
IMHO stickers of any kind will be offensive to all those who don't like their message, so why apply them? Like my comment on OC, why provoke the stupid people?
Becuase everyone has a right to express themselves and support their casue...

But your comment is true. This is part of the other side of the story, not just trailhead break ins. People nowadays are silencing voices with their temper tantrum social shaming... Things are escalating to possible threats of vandalism or worse because someone disagrees and you display a 2A sticker.

Just not worth it today.

I used to leave my truck unlocked and empty at trailheads, pull the main fuse under the hood. Definitely got rifled through but no broken windows, no stolen trucks.

I used to do the same with my Jeep. I believe it kept my top from getting cut more than once.

Someone stole my $50 stereo that didn't even have the faceplate attached and someone else took my tire iron.

I had a battery disconnect under the hood as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top