JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive got a single shot rifle, an old Ruger #3... looking to see about refinishing.

Looking at bluing hopefully, but theres a thumbprint sized patch of pitting on the barrel... not sure that will buff out to take a nice bluing job.

Plan B would be to parkerize it, which might give a nice look on the #3 too.

Not having any luck finding anyone, at lease anyone with a decent reputation.
*and since someone will bring it up... Ruger wont do it. They dont service the #3 anymore so wont 'risk' disassembly to re-blue

Any recommendations on someone locally?

Even someone I can ship to?
Of course Id like a decent job but dont want to get hosed.

Have you tried Tim at Copeland Gunworks ?

Re-Blueing may problematic, I've been told EPA requirements are making it expensive.

Last Edited:
Personally, I'm glad that random a-holes aren't dumping chromium chloride, chromium sulfide or a couple of other toxic chemicals down kitchen or storm drains.

But that's just me.
I agree, I saw several shops back in the day that needed their doors closed by somebody. dumping that crap in the storm drains.

In Washington, you can't find anyone to do traditional hot bluing because they can't get the bluing solutions shipped into this state. I have a rifle at Copelands right now waiting to get finished.

Learn how to rust blue.
I do love a good rust blue, done it nicely on a few pistols over the years but I don't have a tank to boil something as large as this rifle.

20200319_182140.jpg 20200326_180905.jpg

I haven't been there for year, so maybe they are gone but they were always helpful when I went to them with old stuff.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top