JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just in case anybody here either has a Parker-Hale repro rifle, or one of the Euroarms 'follow-ons' and might wonder what the actual serial numbers of each might be. Reason is that over here in yUK there is still a lot of confunglement about who made what and when, to the point that there are advertisements on the gun trade pages claiming Parker-Hale manufacture that are not actually so.

Here, from the MLAGB archives of 2010, is the skinny on serial numbers -

ALL rifles and Musketoons - two band, three band and Whitworth - ALL calibres, that is to say, both .577/.58" and .451"

- 0000 to ~9000 were made in Birmingham

~9000 to 14000 Birmingham barrels, rest made in Italy

>14000 Italian made.

Hope this helps to clear it all up.

I have 3 Parker-Hale rifles I bought 30 some years ago from private individuals.

A 25-06, 30-06, and a 7mm. I just liked the looks of these rifles at the time.

Is this what you refer to as a repro rifle?

Thanks.

The rifles tac referenced are reproductions* of a rifled musket , a Naval or Sergeants Rifle , a Artillery Musketoon and a target / "sniper rifle" of our Civil War era.
These are all high quality muzzleloading firearms.
*Reproductions if English made...as in a rifle that is reproduced by the original factory or country of origin...
Replica if Italian made...as in a copy of a historic rifle....
Andy

The rifles tac referenced are reproductions* of a rifled musket , a Naval or Sergeants Rifle , a Artillery Musketoon and a target / "sniper rifle" of our Civil War era.
These are all high quality muzzleloading firearms.
*Reproductions if English made...as in a rifle that is reproduced by the original factory or country of origin...
Replica if Italian made...as in a copy of a historic rifle....
Andy
Thanks Andy

And while we are talking about replicas/reproductions, here is a list of Italian date codes since 1945 to 2015 -

I = 1945, II =46, III = 47, IV = 48, V = 49, VI = 50, VII = 51, VIII = 52, IX = 53, X = 54, XI = 55, XII = 56, XIII = 57, XIV = 58, XV = 59, XVI = 60, XVII = 61, XVIII = 62, XIX = 63, XX =64, XXI = 65, XXII = 66, XXIII = 67, XXIV = 68, XXV = 69, XXVI = 70, XVII = 71, XXVII - 72, XXIX = 73, XXX = 74, AA = 75, AB = 76, AC = 77, AD =78, AE = 79, AF =80, AH = 81, AI = 82, AL = 83, AM = 84, AN = 85, AP = 85, AS = 87, AT = 88, AU = 89, AZ = 90, BA = 91, BB = 92, BC = 93, BD = 94, BF = 95, BH = 96, BI = 97, BL = 98, BM = 99, BN = 2000, BP = O1, BS =02, BT = 03, BU = 04, BZ = 05, CA = 06, CB = 07, CC =08, CD = 09, CF = 10, CH = 11, CJ = 12, CM 13, CN = 14, CP =15.

These codes can be found stamped on the right-hand side [usually] of the firearm, long or short, and appear inside a little box - about 1/8th square or so.

Note that there are no letters J, Q or W...and sometimes, no E either......so no CQ for 2016, maybe....:rolleyes:

Screenshot_20200113-090704_WhatsApp.jpg

Is this an original. As it doesn't have parker hale ltd Birmingham England printed I to the barrel. It has parker hale mauser rifle cal 7x 57 or 67

Sorry, Shah302 of Luton [the one in Bedfordshire, England?]. Slight confunglement here. We are not discussing Parker-Hales' modern bolt-action rifles, usually made on ex-Wehrmacht, FN or Zastava actions, but the muzzleloading replicas of the 19th century service and volunteer match rifles.

Your Parker-hale is indisputably a real Parker-Hale, no worries. :)

Sorry, Shah302 of Luton [the one in Bedfordshire, England?]. Slight confunglement here. We are not discussing Parker-Hales' modern bolt-action rifles, usually made on ex-Wehrmacht, FN or Zastava actions, but the muzzleloading replicas of the 19th century service and volunteer match rifles.

Your Parker-hale is indisputably a real Parker-Hale, no worries. :)
Thanks. Over paid for it.but atleast it's an original. Usual price is £150 I paid £500. Much appreciated

I don't recall your arrival here, so let me give you welcome from deepest, darkest Cambridgeshire!

Sadly, you payed HUGELY over the odds - there are couple of similar rifles in our local dealers for around £200 or so.........

My own 7x57 is 1912 Mauser Model B sporting rifle that went out to Rhodesia and then came back...I often shoot it on our range near Oundle.

I don't recall your arrival here, so let me give you welcome from deepest, darkest Cambridgeshire!

Sadly, you payed HUGELY over the odds - there are couple of similar rifles in our local dealers for around £200 or so.........

My own 7x57 is 1912 Mauser Model B sporting rifle that went out to Rhodesia and then came back...I often shoot it on our range near Oundle.
I brought mine in Pakistan. Brought it last minute.only paid a high price coz i thought hed deliver it without me having to show my licence. Because everyone else flopped. And thanks for the welcome ..... brand new ones cost £600 there. So when u take ur rifle abroad.do u have to bring it back??? Or can you leave it there. I dnt have a uk arms licence.only pakistan arms licence. I'm just relieved it's an original to be honest. I've come across the copies / clones in pakistan. Too much jamming unfortunately.

Ah, Pakistan-bought, eh? Have you had it out of the stock to see the proof marks? Might be interesting to see and confirm authentic P-H manufacture. TBH, I amazed that the guys in Dharra would bother faking a bread-and-butter rifle like that....

When I go abroad I need to have any and all guns I'm taking with me on a European Firearms Certificate. It's free. BUT that is just for Europe!!!

I don't go anywhere else with guns, since I have the use of whatever I shoot over in the US of A from friends.

Ah, Pakistan-bought, eh? Have you had it out of the stock to see the proof marks? Might be interesting to see and confirm authentic P-H manufacture. TBH, I amazed that the guys in Dharra would bother faking a bread-and-butter rifle like that....

When I go abroad I need to have any and all guns I'm taking with me on a European Firearms Certificate. It's free. BUT that is just for Europe!!!

I don't go anywhere else with guns, since I have the use of whatever I shoot over in the US of A from friends.
Yes.they copy everything and anything there.copies cost upto £20 ..... I've had a few good ones,but even the reliable ones have a limit before they jam. Not sure about proof markings. Uploaded pics and a video. Double checked with another dealer in Pakistan and he said it's an original. But then he said the Pakistan made ones dnt have parker hale ltd birmingham england. So I'm presuming pakistan is licensed to make these haswell. Just brought one off him aswell.now ive got 2 . And a friends going to gift me a 2.2 version. Save me money on rounds the 2.2 will. Darn those yanks with a large choice of guns , if I lived in the USA. I'd have made a killing on arms sales in pakistan. It's about £1800 for a glock 19.

Screenshot_20200113-090704_WhatsApp.jpg

Yes.they copy everything and anything there.copies cost upto £20 ..... I've had a few good ones,but even the reliable ones have a limit before they jam. Not sure about proof markings. Uploaded pics and a video. Double checked with another dealer in Pakistan and he said it's an original. But then he said the Pakistan made ones dnt have parker hale ltd birmingham england. So I'm presuming pakistan is licensed to make these haswell. Just brought one off him aswell.now ive got 2 . And a friends going to gift me a 2.2 version. Save me money on rounds the 2.2 will. Darn those yanks with a large choice of guns , if I lived in the USA. I'd have made a killing on arms sales in pakistan. It's about £1800 for a glock 19.

There is nowhere in Pakistan 'licensed' to make Parker-Hale rifles, or anything else, for that matter.

The Parker-Hale firearms factory was located at 54 Golden Hillock Road, Birmingham, and nowhere else.

Are these guns of which you speak still in Pakistan?

There is nowhere in Pakistan 'licensed' to make Parker-Hale rifles, or anything else, for that matter.

The Parker-Hale firearms factory was located at 54 Golden Hillock Road, Birmingham, and nowhere else.

Are these guns of which you speak still in Pakistan?
Yes theyre In pakistan. Not for the uk. As no uk fire arms licence. ..... if I had a uk firearms licence I'd be buying from here and taking them there due to the price

Last Edited:
just in case anybody here either has a Parker-Hale repro rifle, or one of the Euroarms 'follow-ons' and might wonder what the actual serial numbers of each might be. Reason is that over here in yUK there is still a lot of confunglement about who made what and when, to the point that there are advertisements on the gun trade pages claiming Parker-Hale manufacture that are not actually so.

Here, from the MLAGB archives of 2010, is the skinny on serial numbers -

ALL rifles and Musketoons - two band, three band and Whitworth - ALL calibres, that is to say, both .577/.58" and .451"

- 0000 to ~9000 were made in Birmingham

~9000 to 14000 Birmingham barrels, rest made in Italy

>14000 Italian made.

Hope this helps to clear it all up.
I found this thread by typing in Parker Hale I own a Parker Hale 30-06 and I believe that it's the best shooting rifle that I own and I am always looking for anyone with knowledge and willing to share their knowledge about Parker Hale

Good Morning, Mr Bull72. Thanks for dropping in - it's always good to know that there are other folks out there who enjoy the much-ignored Parker-Hale centre-fire rifles.

Unfortunately, what I know about them, apart from the names, that is, could be writ large upon the eyelash of an angel. This post is about the Parker-Hale replications of muzzleloading rifles made between 1972 and 1994 or 5.

If you go back to the beginning of the thread, you'll see that I collect serial numbers on behalf of David Minshall of Research Press, who is also the competition secretary of the Muzzle Loading Association of Great Britain. Along with the late and much-missed Bill Curtis and thankfully still alive De Witt Bailey, they are compiling a history of these guns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top