Parker-Hale serial numbers.......

tac

Reactions
just in case anybody here either has a Parker-Hale repro rifle, or one of the Euroarms 'follow-ons' and might wonder what the actual serial numbers of each might be. Reason is that over here in yUK there is still a lot of confunglement about who made what and when, to the point that there are advertisements on the gun trade pages claiming Parker-Hale manufacture that are not actually so.

Here, from the MLAGB archives of 2010, is the skinny on serial numbers -

ALL rifles and Musketoons - two band, three band and Whitworth - ALL calibres, that is to say, both .577/.58" and .451"

- 0000 to ~9000 were made in Birmingham

~9000 to 14000 Birmingham barrels, rest made in Italy

>14000 Italian made.

Hope this helps to clear it all up.

kenboy

Reactions
I have 3 Parker-Hale rifles I bought 30 some years ago from private individuals.

A 25-06, 30-06, and a 7mm. I just liked the looks of these rifles at the time.

Is this what you refer to as a repro rifle?

Thanks.

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
The rifles tac referenced are reproductions* of a rifled musket , a Naval or Sergeants Rifle , a Artillery Musketoon and a target / "sniper rifle" of our Civil War era.
These are all high quality muzzleloading firearms.
*Reproductions if English made...as in a rifle that is reproduced by the original factory or country of origin...
Replica if Italian made...as in a copy of a historic rifle....
Andy

kenboy

Reactions
The rifles tac referenced are reproductions* of a rifled musket , a Naval or Sergeants Rifle , a Artillery Musketoon and a target / "sniper rifle" of our Civil War era.
These are all high quality muzzleloading firearms.
*Reproductions if English made...as in a rifle that is reproduced by the original factory or country of origin...
Replica if Italian made...as in a copy of a historic rifle....
Andy
Thanks Andy

OP
tac

tac

Reactions
And while we are talking about replicas/reproductions, here is a list of Italian date codes since 1945 to 2015 -

I = 1945, II =46, III = 47, IV = 48, V = 49, VI = 50, VII = 51, VIII = 52, IX = 53, X = 54, XI = 55, XII = 56, XIII = 57, XIV = 58, XV = 59, XVI = 60, XVII = 61, XVIII = 62, XIX = 63, XX =64, XXI = 65, XXII = 66, XXIII = 67, XXIV = 68, XXV = 69, XXVI = 70, XVII = 71, XXVII - 72, XXIX = 73, XXX = 74, AA = 75, AB = 76, AC = 77, AD =78, AE = 79, AF =80, AH = 81, AI = 82, AL = 83, AM = 84, AN = 85, AP = 85, AS = 87, AT = 88, AU = 89, AZ = 90, BA = 91, BB = 92, BC = 93, BD = 94, BF = 95, BH = 96, BI = 97, BL = 98, BM = 99, BN = 2000, BP = O1, BS =02, BT = 03, BU = 04, BZ = 05, CA = 06, CB = 07, CC =08, CD = 09, CF = 10, CH = 11, CJ = 12, CM 13, CN = 14, CP =15.

These codes can be found stamped on the right-hand side [usually] of the firearm, long or short, and appear inside a little box - about 1/8th square or so.

Note that there are no letters J, Q or W...and sometimes, no E either......so no CQ for 2016, maybe....:rolleyes:

OP
tac

tac

Reactions
Sorry, Shah302 of Luton [the one in Bedfordshire, England?]. Slight confunglement here. We are not discussing Parker-Hales' modern bolt-action rifles, usually made on ex-Wehrmacht, FN or Zastava actions, but the muzzleloading replicas of the 19th century service and volunteer match rifles.

Your Parker-hale is indisputably a real Parker-Hale, no worries. :)

Reactions
Sorry, Shah302 of Luton [the one in Bedfordshire, England?]. Slight confunglement here. We are not discussing Parker-Hales' modern bolt-action rifles, usually made on ex-Wehrmacht, FN or Zastava actions, but the muzzleloading replicas of the 19th century service and volunteer match rifles.

Your Parker-hale is indisputably a real Parker-Hale, no worries. :)
Thanks. Over paid for it.but atleast it's an original. Usual price is £150 I paid £500. Much appreciated

OP
tac

tac

Reactions
I don't recall your arrival here, so let me give you welcome from deepest, darkest Cambridgeshire!

Sadly, you payed HUGELY over the odds - there are couple of similar rifles in our local dealers for around £200 or so.........

My own 7x57 is 1912 Mauser Model B sporting rifle that went out to Rhodesia and then came back...I often shoot it on our range near Oundle.

Reactions
I don't recall your arrival here, so let me give you welcome from deepest, darkest Cambridgeshire!

Sadly, you payed HUGELY over the odds - there are couple of similar rifles in our local dealers for around £200 or so.........

My own 7x57 is 1912 Mauser Model B sporting rifle that went out to Rhodesia and then came back...I often shoot it on our range near Oundle.
I brought mine in Pakistan. Brought it last minute.only paid a high price coz i thought hed deliver it without me having to show my licence. Because everyone else flopped. And thanks for the welcome ..... brand new ones cost £600 there. So when u take ur rifle abroad.do u have to bring it back??? Or can you leave it there. I dnt have a uk arms licence.only pakistan arms licence. I'm just relieved it's an original to be honest. I've come across the copies / clones in pakistan. Too much jamming unfortunately.

OP
tac

tac

Reactions
Ah, Pakistan-bought, eh? Have you had it out of the stock to see the proof marks? Might be interesting to see and confirm authentic P-H manufacture. TBH, I amazed that the guys in Dharra would bother faking a bread-and-butter rifle like that....

When I go abroad I need to have any and all guns I'm taking with me on a European Firearms Certificate. It's free. BUT that is just for Europe!!!

I don't go anywhere else with guns, since I have the use of whatever I shoot over in the US of A from friends.

Reactions
Ah, Pakistan-bought, eh? Have you had it out of the stock to see the proof marks? Might be interesting to see and confirm authentic P-H manufacture. TBH, I amazed that the guys in Dharra would bother faking a bread-and-butter rifle like that....

When I go abroad I need to have any and all guns I'm taking with me on a European Firearms Certificate. It's free. BUT that is just for Europe!!!

I don't go anywhere else with guns, since I have the use of whatever I shoot over in the US of A from friends.
Yes.they copy everything and anything there.copies cost upto £20 ..... I've had a few good ones,but even the reliable ones have a limit before they jam. Not sure about proof markings. Uploaded pics and a video. Double checked with another dealer in Pakistan and he said it's an original. But then he said the Pakistan made ones dnt have parker hale ltd birmingham england. So I'm presuming pakistan is licensed to make these haswell. Just brought one off him aswell.now ive got 2 . And a friends going to gift me a 2.2 version. Save me money on rounds the 2.2 will. Darn those yanks with a large choice of guns , if I lived in the USA. I'd have made a killing on arms sales in pakistan. It's about £1800 for a glock 19.

Screenshot_20200113-090704_WhatsApp.jpg

OP
tac

tac

Reactions
Yes.they copy everything and anything there.copies cost upto £20 ..... I've had a few good ones,but even the reliable ones have a limit before they jam. Not sure about proof markings. Uploaded pics and a video. Double checked with another dealer in Pakistan and he said it's an original. But then he said the Pakistan made ones dnt have parker hale ltd birmingham england. So I'm presuming pakistan is licensed to make these haswell. Just brought one off him aswell.now ive got 2 . And a friends going to gift me a 2.2 version. Save me money on rounds the 2.2 will. Darn those yanks with a large choice of guns , if I lived in the USA. I'd have made a killing on arms sales in pakistan. It's about £1800 for a glock 19.
There is nowhere in Pakistan 'licensed' to make Parker-Hale rifles, or anything else, for that matter.

The Parker-Hale firearms factory was located at 54 Golden Hillock Road, Birmingham, and nowhere else.

Are these guns of which you speak still in Pakistan?

Reactions
There is nowhere in Pakistan 'licensed' to make Parker-Hale rifles, or anything else, for that matter.

The Parker-Hale firearms factory was located at 54 Golden Hillock Road, Birmingham, and nowhere else.

Are these guns of which you speak still in Pakistan?
Yes theyre In pakistan. Not for the uk. As no uk fire arms licence. ..... if I had a uk firearms licence I'd be buying from here and taking them there due to the price

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom