Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR Parker-Hale 1200 Super 7mm Rem Mag

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by pharmseller, Jan 26, 2015.

1. pharmseller

pharmseller Harrisburg Member

I bought this rifle last year and I have a new project so down the road she goes.

Built in 1967 in Birmingham, England, based on the venerated Mauser action. Beautiful wood, reminiscent of the Weatherby stock design. 23 2/4" barrel. Nice trigger, a little heavy but zero creep.

She needs a new recoil pad, but that's the only major wart. The rear sight was removed and replaced with a filler. The front sight was removed but the holes remain. It didn't bug me enough to fill.

The bottom metal is cool, but not original.

I've taken her to the range only once, but I found a load she likes using 150 grain Nosler Accubond Long Range and MagPro.

Pictures sell, so here you go.

DSCN0592_zpsbd3005aa.jpg

DSCN0593_zps86e72a62.jpg

DSCN0594_zpsf3969f70.jpg

DSCN0599_zps05a81704.jpg

DSCN0601_zpsd72bf216.jpg

DSCN0603_zpsec6106ed.jpg

The only wart is the recoil pad, she could use a new one.

DSCN0608_zps46328be5.jpg

Comes with Talley one piece lows

DSCN0605_zpsa2046488.jpg

Here's how she shoots. I should have let the barrel cool after the first three shots, they're touching.

DSCN0611_zpsab53e7db.jpg

Rifle and rings, $485, FTF from Woodburn to Springfield. If you want the scope (Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40, its sighted in for the 150 NABLR load) add $300.

P

orygun likes this.
  2. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

These guns are incredible workmanship and finish for the money, and they all shoot very well. Gunsmithing tip: for a "Quickie, No Muss, No Fuss" solution to unfilled sight holes (when the correct filler screw is not at hand), steal your kiddie's Crayola black crayon. Drip a bit of the crayon into the holes (melting it with a match or lighter), allow to cool, then polish off to perfect level with the barrel round. Nearly invisible, and easily removable when you finally locate the correct filler screws (or just forget about it forever).

3. pharmseller

Hey, the crayon thing is a good idea!

I'm really impressed with the P-H. The high comb of the stock brings my eye into alignment with the scope for a perfect cheek weld.

Plus, she shoots!

P

4. pharmseller

Price drop to $440

P

5. Ramrod

Ramrod Edmond, Oklahoma New Member

I will purchase your 7MM Parker Hale rifle for the price of $440.oo if you still have the rifle. You can reach me at (405) 880-5006 to work out the transfer and shipping on the rifle. I don't want the scope for that price. Maybe we can negotiate a price for the scope

6. Ramrod

Ramrod Edmond, Oklahoma New Member

I will give you my E-mail address on the phone if you need it to make this sale

7. pharmseller

Thank you for the offer but I've had too many bad experiences in shipping. This is a FTF transaction only.

Sorry,

P

8. pharmseller

No longer for sale.

9. pharmseller

Changed my mind, I need to fund another project.

I added a Limbsaver recoil pad so it shoots even easier now.

Price drop to $425 for the rifle and rings, add $250 if you want the scope too, it's already sighted in.

FTF in Oregon only.

P

10. papamac

papamac Mill City New Member

I am interested in your PH 7mm mag please contact me at 503-897-2933

11. pharmseller

Sold