JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Paris Police
I linked to the article from today, but is this police officer in Paris carrying a B&T APC9?

27441328-0-image-a-43_1587431375173.jpg

One of the antis favorite "arguments", "Police in (insert European country) *here* don't even carry guns".

Yeah... we have unarmed cops here too, we call em Meter Maids.

Officer Fromáge appears to be packin' a tear gas shooter, looks like an updated M79... and a pistol on his hip.

It's like they've never actually been to Europe, where they literally have army patrols in train stations and other areas
Like pretty much everything else they hear from sources they like (Vox, Slate, Rolling Stone, ad nauseum) it becomes a mantra. No need to check further into it or verify... just keep saying it and similarly lazy (gullible) people will run with it and present it as fact.

Confirmation bias is strong in this arena... it rules the day and discussions with antis is mostly presenting evidence that debunks some crap that they "read somewhere"... its exhausting.

I lived in Paris for a year, back in 1980. Even then you would see some units where everyone had SMGs. They drove them around in glorified school buses, IIRC. Sometimes they would come out to help unjam the traffic in the square roundabouts (which of course, dated from long before there were any cars).

I lived in Paris for a year, back in 1980. Even then you would see some units where everyone had SMGs. They drove them around in glorified school buses, IIRC. Sometimes they would come out to help unjam the traffic in the square roundabouts (which of course, dated from long before there were any cars).

Heck, there was a full squad of soldiers patrolling the tiny train station in Lille, France when I was there a couple years ago. They don't look like they're goofing around either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top