JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you lay it out like that it seems I am far from paranoid. I just keep up with current events too much. Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks things are a little crazier than the normal gang violence and such.
Now, may I introduce you to my epiphany?
Everyones NUTS.
Now I don't scare the dogs and offend the SO when I watch the evening news.
I don't try to turn Taku from his ways, if you know what I mean...
No longer do I ask HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!
Already decided, you me, Taku, Ironbar, that Nambu guy too, we're all in the padded cell together..
:D

Now, may I introduce you to my epiphany?
Everyones NUTS.
Now I don't scare the dogs and offend the SO when I watch the evening news.
I don't try to turn Taku from his ways, if you know what I mean...
No longer do I ask HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!
Already decided, you me, Taku, Ironbar, that Nambu guy too, we're all in the padded cell together..
:D

Least we have company. Plus with that group I can only assume we will be breaking out.

Someone has to break out and protect the idiots who thought we were just nuts.

same old same old - carry every day everywhere. I don't plan on going to any black friday events as they would be a tasty target for the terrorists. Think about it - a day of excess spending and demonstration of "western gluttony" that they so hate about the western world. To them it would be not only instilling terror but attacking one of the things they most hate. I would more expect an attack in urban dense population areas like LA, NY city, Atlanta, Chicago, etc. over the PNW but up here Portland and Seattle are more likely to be targets than Longview, Woodland, etc.

As for being more vigilant that is probably a good thing. I recently decided to do some cleaning and discovered a broken spring in my backup mag as well as some dust/lint in the nooks and crannies on the cc and in the mags, etc. Guess I should start cleaning the CC once a month or more instead of just after going out and shooting.

Couldn't give less of a bubblegum about ISIS. I recognize evil exists and carry a gun in case me or my family are in the vicinity when the balloon goes up, no matter what form that evil happens to take.

As far as changing your behavior specifically because of fear of terror threats or active shooters, you may be being influenced by the 24hr MSM fear machine more than you care to admit.

Couldn't give less of a bubblegum about ISIS. I recognize evil exists and carry a gun in case me or my family are in the vicinity when the balloon goes up, no matter what form that evil happens to take.

As far as changing your behavior specifically because of fear of terror threats or active shooters, you may be being influenced by the 24hr MSM fear machine more than you care to admit.
That's pretty much spot on. We're at the same risk of extremists causing violent acts as we've always been. If foreigners are going to be doing something, it'll be those coming into the country on tourist or student visas. The real asylum seekers and refugees won't be here for at least another year and a half if what they say about the vetting procedures is true. If it's domestic violence we're worried about, the risk is still about the same. In either case, keep up the awareness and vigilance.

I was recently attending n Emergency Management Forum where County/City officials taught local business people about preparing for disasters. Not one time did they broach the subject of personal safety so I posed the question, "What should people do to prepare for looting/chaos that will.erupt after a major disaster like the predicted big earth quake?"

Their answer? You have to be personally prepared. Law enforcement will be so.overwhelmed there will be little to no help for most people.

Paranoid, prepared. Let them call it what they want and then come running to you when help is needed. Then the radical paranoid fool will be the helper of his community.

I never really think about it.
Grab wallet, car keys, some cool shades , check the firearm holster and go out and its always been like that so paranoid nope unless you think people are watching you bugging your phone and sifting thru your mail then ya your paranoid, but over carrying a firearm cant see that.

Badabing. Not trying to poopoo nothing but we are just so incessantly hammered with doom/hype. It's hard to get away from it and so easy to fall prey to it.. radio, net, TV.
It can really drag you down. Though I think most realists understand that certain things are a given and accept that regarding the fate of humanity.
I'm confident that good people will function instantly as they were/are trained, with or without any sort of "weapon", in a fearsome and proper manner.
anyway

That's pretty much spot on. We're at the same risk of extremists causing violent acts as we've always been. If foreigners are going to be doing something, it'll be those coming into the country on tourist or student visas. The real asylum seekers and refugees won't be here for at least another year and a half if what they say about the vetting procedures is true. If it's domestic violence we're worried about, the risk is still about the same. In either case, keep up the awareness and vigilance.
While I agree there is a risk that a terrorist sleeper could sneak in with the refugees, most of the terrorists that hit Paris, especially the masterminds, were not refugees, but native Belgians.

I don't have the numbers and it would take some research to gather them, but my impression is that since 9/11 - most of the terror plots uncovered here in the USA before they happen, have involved native born Americans.

Also, I think we do a better job of assimilating refugees into our culture than Europe does - at least with regards to European and middle eastern refugees (we do have a problem with hispanic criminals).

I never really think about it.
Grab wallet, car keys, some cool shades , check the firearm holster and go out and its always been like that so paranoid nope unless you think people are watching you bugging your phone and sifting thru your mail then ya your paranoid, but over carrying a firearm cant see that.
The NSA does listen to all electronic coms, including your phone, and they do sift through your email. If you don't believe that then you are naive, not paranoid.

You're being prepared.

All it would take is for a few guys to eff with the fragile power grids here in Oregon and they could shut entire cities down for days if not weeks. Consider we're only a few meals from anarchy because our "loving" neighbors chose to NOT be prepared..

If you dont have paper money ON hand your digital money is worthless, you cant access it in a blackout (if you can, do it ASAP) but for the most part, in blackouts; cards mean nothing.
Sure gold and silver.. Blah blah blah.. But it takes a much larger societal breakdown to start using precious metals. Im talking about immediate funds. Cash will still be king for a while. Things may cost more (supply and demand) but money will still be taken.
Precious metals for the average joe are hard to tell.. So unless they too are familiar with gold and silver that fancy metal some folks are banking on still wont buy them food 72-168
(7-days) hours after an attack or natural desaster.

Id have food and water on hand and carry your side arm(s) daily.

As for shootings, the likelihood of race inspired shootings is high right now.. Thank god their activity has kind of cooled.. But it wont take much to kick that hornets nest.

The likelihood of a mall or other populated area shooting is also high.. Mostly due to copycats, kids using anti pshycotics and wannabe terrorists, not the "real" bad guys. So that being said, Id say it is perfectly normal to be a little overly cautious..

The worst case scenario from you being over prepared and overly alert, nothing happens.

The worst case scenario if things do hit the fan and you're unprepared.. You die.

Id say I like the odds of being overly prepared and alert much better than being dead or without food and water.

At first my family thought it was odd
(years ago) when I started my daily carry routines and travel routines by packing firearms, food and water.. No matter where I went or where we went as a family. The amount of comfort they have knowing I carry those things 24/7 is amazing.. I didnt know until they told me so. I was surprised as they had gave me a few odd looks early on.. Now its expected and very appreciated.

Last Edited:
While Liberals term the Amygdala as the Panic center of the brain it is wdely known that it is actually vital to he brain's higher function, particularly that of recognizing subtle hints of external threats. When this occurs the Amygdala generates anxiety in the body by increasing various hormones to ready the body for flight or fight. This is a K-Type function
Anxiety is a Biological function
Paranoia is a Psychological function and is an r~Type (Liberal) reaction due to an under developed Amygdala to anxiety

More here:
http://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/home-page/

The NSA does listen to all electronic coms, including your phone, and they do sift through your email. If you don't believe that then you are naive, not paranoid.

LOL your a funny guy I said " MAIL " not email I appreciate your attempt to be snarky but I was clear and said " MAIL " and never said anything electronic or about phones quite the reach there.
I am aware "more" then most of what they can and do but thats my own personal information not for public consumption. Of course there are times to be paranoid we were addressing umm carrying and I gave a small spec of paranoia and you went full paranoia. NEVER GO FULL PARANOIA !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top