JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
**** TRADED **** NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Interested in trades only (fortunately, don't need the cash). Para p14. SS / 5 inch double stack 1911. Factory milled to a flat top (for easy target acquisition). 5 mags (although one, a pro-mag doesn't quite fit right yet). This pistol has been a project. I purchased it from a rather dishonest seller some time back. It jammed bad when I first got it. I put a new trigger and mag release catch in it (both metal - SS, aluminum) and also replaced the main spring. Shoots like a champ now and feeds anything (I will guarantee this with cash buy-back to any person that trades for this, as I stand by my word). My next step with this pistol (if I don't trade it) is to put a traditional (but SS) as opposed to commander-style hammer on it. Don't have that yet though. Also includes a long recoil spring housing and accompanying barrel bushing. Supposedly these improve accuracy a tad, but I just use the factory para ones because these are a PITA to install after cleaning (they work, don't get me wrong, I'm just lazy and don't find the accuracy improvement worth it).

The *one* serious flaw on this para is the former owner did not know how to assemble a 1911 right. Near the slide release there is a scratch caused by the person slipping the release as he tried to force it in. (Imagine pushing on the release as you assemble a 1911 and it slipping up across the slide). The scratch is noticeable once I point it out to you. (You can try and see it in the first pic near the logo on the slide. It's *very* small, however; you really have to see it up close after I pointed it out to you before you'd know)

I am *NOT* interested in selling this for cash as I do enjoy it still, and you can count on NOBAMA figuring out how to ban these hi-cap pistols sooner or later. I am only interested in trades for other pistols, preferably of similar value. Both pistols and revolvers are of interest.

As for cash value, I think with the 5 mags (the 5th will work once you fully wear in the metal mag catch -- it worked with the old worn out plastic one) the package is worth close to $750/$800.

p.s. Also has nights sights, but I make no assurances to the quality of them. They are straight, for sure, but if you care about night sights you should consider replacing these IMHO. They do glow in the dark still, but I don't want to make any warranties about how bright they may or may not be. Consider them an iron sight for this trade.

FTF only. WA CPL required. No exceptions.

p.s.s. I've had a couple of PM's about trade requests. Really I don't have any. I'm open to anything of similar value. I guess if I had to make requests, I'd love a 454 Ruger Alaskan. I'm not interested in anymore 1911's unless they are of collector's interest. A pre-lock Model 29 4" or 6". I'd be interested in a Colt SA revolver in 45LC if you tossed in some cash. I am not interested in any Tupperware guns; no offense, they have their use, but I have enough. The only rifle I'm interested in is an M1 Garand of a quality equal to the value of the para (e.g. a CMP quality of ~ special or so). No AR's except an OA K23P-A3-TC. For the right trade I'd toss in some $ to equal out the value, so don't be afraid to propose something.

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

Last Edited:
Hi Clark
Besides all the restrictions you laid out
is it a possibility that those of us that are mildly interested in this fine
double stack
can view a nice Picture of it?;)

I mean, i do not even know what a CPL is, much less would i allow for one
to set up a residence on my person.
Do they have Meds for it? is it contagious or something?:s0114:

I hope i am not too demanding Clark, my humble simple self just has always liked picture books
wink
Rog'

CPL = concealed pistol license

Yes it is contagious. If you hang with people with them for long enough, you will go out and get your own...

Well
i don't hang out with too many people
i do not join the maddening crowd

Also, i have lived long, carried always
never needed anyone's permit or permission, and have put a stop to felonious crimes being committed because i did have the Juehvos rancheros to carry, and the brains and talent to know how and when to use what i carry in a proper venue.

Live in my own skin, attempt to be free as advertised, and as brave enough to be Just that free
Free of over intrusive laws and regulations.

Free to think for myself ( probably why i am so good at it)

But, that's just me:s0114:

So, with that out of the way
How reliable is this particular double stack Cadillac?
Rog'

How reliable is this particular double stack Cadillac?
Rog'

As I said, when I bought it, the buyer told me it was perfect. It wasn't. The mag catch was worn. I replaced that, and replaced the trigger and main spring in the process. It's now plenty reliable and hasn't had any FTF issues since. The real issue with it was the mag catch. Para ships these pistols with a plastic one and over time that plastic wears down when people play with them a lot. Once they wear the mags sit lower in the frame than normal and that leads to FTF issues. I put a metal one made by Para and bought from Brownells.

Unlike the person I bought this from I aim to represent this pistol honestly and I'll stand behind it with a cash/trade by guarantee if it gives you trouble. It hasn't given me any (300+ rounds) since I replaced the mag catch and I'm more than happy to keep it. Only reason I'm posting is I don't actually carry this pistol, it's just a range gun for me, and I'm looking for something new.

-C

Do you have any pictures?

Pictures added. Let me know if you want any more detailed shots. I scaled these to 640x480 so NWF would take them on upload.

p.s. On the whole CPL thing, sorry if I offended anyone. A CPL is my way of assuring that a FTF / no paperwork sale is above board. If I have a CPL and you have a CPL then I'm really not going to ask for your drivers license or signature or anything like that. As far as I'm concerned, we've both done our required by law (in WA state) duty to make sure we've sold/traded a firearm lawfully. If you don't a CPL, well,.... sorry. Enough buyers/sellers do that I'd prefer to trade with them than permanently store paperwork or go through any hassle. thanks.

No worries
pay me no mind Clark
I'm an old doozer, with OLD mindset on laws controlling the mental capacity of people,,,, and firearms especially.

In the Southwest ( Arizona / New Mexico ) I got very used to wearing my sidearm on my hip exposed everywhere i wish to go.

The Country changed ( as is apt to happen)
It changed without my consent, where it concerns my Capabilities to ascertain
by pure logic and Judgment on my own,,, the wherewithall of life and liberty.

Now, back to this awesome sweetheart of a double stack.

It is finer than i would have given it.

I retire to ponder this beautiful baby
Thank you for the pics Clark
Rog'

i'm a little new here, so would someone help me understand this cpl stuff, it is to my understanding that if i lay handgun on the dash of my motorhome,or put it in a drawer,that i'm totally legal,or if i put in a shoulder holster outside of my shirt, and get out of my motorhome to go to the bathroom at a rest stop, once again i'm totally legal,and furthermore my firearms guy , who is an ffl,let me know that no mater what , you get a odl num. , or wdl num,date of sale, and record address of buyer,i have been looken at one of these handguns for sometime now and they are supposed to be awesome, considering they are noted as a clone of the famous 1911 a1,but i cant trade cuz i don't have a cpl, that only lets you carry a gun in you pocket , nuff said,rusobr2 (steve r)

i'm a little new here, so would someone help me understand this cpl stuff, it is to my understanding that if i lay handgun on the dash of my motorhome,or put it in a drawer,that i'm totally legal,or if i put in a shoulder holster outside of my shirt, and get out of my motorhome to go to the bathroom at a rest stop, once again i'm totally legal,and furthermore my firearms guy , who is an ffl,let me know that no mater what , you get a odl num. , or wdl num,date of sale, and record address of buyer,i have been looken at one of these handguns for sometime now and they are supposed to be awesome, considering they are noted as a clone of the famous 1911 a1,but i cant trade cuz i don't have a cpl, that only lets you carry a gun in you pocket , nuff said,rusobr2 (steve r)

A CPL is a WA state concealed carry permit.

You live in OR I believe. An FTF transfer between a WA resident and OR resident would put us both in jail. It has to go through an FFL dealer. Too much hassle for a simple trade, for me. Sorry.

Despite what your dealer told you, in WA state you are not required to record the drivers license or even have a bill of sale when selling a firearm FTF. You can if you like. But the law in WA state is governed by RCW 9.41.080 which states that "No person may deliver a firearm to any person whom he or she has reasonable cause to believe is ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm." If you have a CPL then you are eligible. And if I ask and see it, that's reasonable effort on my part to ensure you are eligible. There are no documentation requirements, only suggestions in WA state. I don't bother with the documentation if the seller/buyer has a CPL.

All the best,

-C

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.