JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you score the one in the classifieds?

I have a P10 (not the limited edition) with the alloy frame and it can be the source of much frustration. Ever since I saw this pistol reviewed in a magazine years ago, it called out to me.

The design is extremely small for a .45 and has a nice look to it. Mine seems to suffer from jam-o-matic syndrome. Often I can't get through a single magazine of 230g hardball to save my life (pun intended). My impression is that it has something to do with the extractor, as typically when it jams, it is because there is an empty cartridge case stuck in the chamber, or stovepiping out of the ejector port.

I've read similar stories on another forum, so I don't think that this experience is entirely unique when it comes to some Para Ordnance pistols.

I have read that later version Paras have a "power extractor." Maybe this addressed such problems.

Another thing I noticed is that the metal on the slide notch where the slide lever engages has peened out considerably, as if the factory does not adequately heat treat the slide steel. I picked mine up used, and it was in pristine condition, but the little bit of metal mushrooming out there looked kind of wonky.

Some folks have said that these need to see 500 rounds before they are broken in. I have put around 400 through it, and I it looks like it saw a bit of use before that. After tweaking the windage on the rear sight (was way off when I got it) the pistol is pretty accurate when it is working. It also offers up some nice, punchy recoil to spice up your life.

I'd like to get some gunsmithing (reliability package/aftermarket extractor?) done on it, because I like the design, but until then I wouldn't keep it in the IWB rig I got for it, because it just can't be relied on to function consistently.

Yes I did score the one off of the classifieds. and it is in pristine shape. he said that there has been less than 200 rounds through it so far. was planning on going to shoot it this weekend but am not a member of a gun club yet, but really want to shoot it. what is the difference between the limited and not the limited?

I had a standard version of the P-10 and have to agree that it was a complete jam-o-matic. It had more stove pipes than a chimney factory.

*crickets*

Well that was supposed to be funny, but unfortunately, true.

There is hope, because I have a P14-45 Limited that will eat anything I throw at it. It is a FULL SIZE gun and that may help the feeding, but also a limited. I believe that the difference is the limited has an ambidetrious safety and a well polished feed ramp. That is the only real difference I have noticed. My 14 had adjustable sights and my 10 did not, but I think that was a function of the size, not limited/non-limited.

Let us know how it runs...

I know this is a slightly old thread but I'd like to add that this particular P10 Limited is outstanding. Since obtaining it, we had shot well over 500 rounds that week and it ate everything from FMJ to HP's and point of aim "IS" very accurate as well. Follow-up shots with ease, and recoil seems to be on the mild side for a big bore/small framed pistol such as this one. No problems what so ever. :s0155: Prices for used one of these "P10 Limited" in prestine condition is somewhat higher than one anticipates, but pays for itself well in performance and as far as I know reliability.

I know this is a slightly old thread but I'd like to add that this particular P10 Limited is outstanding. Since obtaining it, we had shot well over 500 rounds that week and it ate everything from FMJ to HP's and point of aim "IS" very accurate as well. Follow-up shots with ease, and recoil seems to be on the mild side for a big bore/small framed pistol such as this one. No problems what so ever. :s0155: Prices for used one of these "P10 Limited" in prestine condition is somewhat higher than one anticipates, but pays for itself well in performance and as far as I know reliability.

+1 on this one.