JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True the guns will be around and many of the model names will be the same. Remington will be the brand. Para had recently moved to Carolina and now has to move yet again to Huntsville, Alabama, Bet that helps the build quality.

Yes they did acknowledge in their press release that they badly hurt Marlin with the move and the R-51 was poorly handled.

Remington Warthog now? Remington 14.45? Why doesn't Freedom Group acquire Colt next? or FN? :rolleyes: We could enjoy the Marlin FiveseveN (or just call it a Marlin 5.7) or a Bushmaster PS90. Doesn't Mossberg also fall under the Freedom Group umbrella, or am I mistaken on that?

I am envisioning a potential Mossberg Special Night Ops LDA with Chainsaw grip, extended magazine, and picatinny rail on top of the slide and on both flats on the sides of the slide, and milled out for an RMR. Then you could attach a visible green laser, an IR laser, a flashlight/red laser combo, and a flip away magnifier on top of the gun, of course with extra tall suppressor sights, threaded ported barrel and fully ambidextrous mag release, slide stop, and extended dehorned thumb safety... :D MSRP 599.99 of course.

Remington Warthog now? Remington 14.45? Why doesn't Freedom Group acquire Colt next? or FN? :rolleyes: We could enjoy the Marlin FiveseveN (or just call it a Marlin 5.7) or a Bushmaster PS90. Doesn't Mossberg also fall under the Freedom Group umbrella, or am I mistaken on that?

I am envisioning a potential Mossberg Special Night Ops LDA with Chainsaw grip, extended magazine, and picatinny rail on top of the slide and on both flats on the sides of the slide, and milled out for an RMR. Then you could attach a visible green laser, an IR laser, a flashlight/red laser combo, and a flip away magnifier on top of the gun, of course with extra tall suppressor sights, threaded ported barrel and fully ambidextrous mag release, slide stop, and extended dehorned thumb safety... :D MSRP 599.99 of course.

Why would they buy FN? [emoji1] Quick internet search shows FN beat them by about 100 million in earnings last year. They are stable, making money, and have huge military contracts from the US and others. Frankly I don't see Freedom Group buying anything else, just consolidating.

Its sad really seeing these once great brands falter. I have a pre-Remington Marlin 1894 that I love and will never sell. And an older 700 that is a great rifle. I won't sell it either, but when I go looking for a new rifle it will be a Savage, Sako, Tikka or maybe even a Winchester. All that said, my 1911R1 Enhanced I bought last year is a wonderful gun!

Last Edited:
Didn't this happen a few years ago??

Just got the rebate check back from my Target Elite. - Damn, it took them long enough (over two months).

Para was purchased by Freedom Group a few years ago, but they were still Para, producing guns under the Para name. Now, there will no longer be a Para and all guns will be produced under the Remington name.

Get as many as you can under one company and its easier to drive them out of business. Take too much money for a lot of fights but easier if they are all under one roof. Lot of bundling going on in business, makes them easy to control.

Yea and that little Black Friday dump of Para 1911s for $299 was most likely not a publicity stunt but a well orchestrated plan to get rid of a LOT of inventory fast at a nearly unheard of price (for this day and age) when the market clearly bears a higher price for even a basic 1911. I suspect the numbers revealed Para guns sales had dropped off dramatically (as have gun sales in general) but Para was most likely setting on a LOT of inventory and someone came up with a plan to dump it all. It appears to have worked.

I too just received my rebate check in the last week. Took almost two months but that was *kind of* expected. What I didn't expect was my return authorization for warranty work to be through Remington for $hitty barrel rifling. Hopefully they make it right and replace the barrel because it cant be fixed.

Sorry to see another American company go to the conglomerate though. In the end it will be a dis-service to use gun loving consumers as competition drives innovation and ultimately sales.

In the end it will be a dis-service to use gun loving consumers as competition drives innovation and ultimately sales.
The only dis-service about it is a company that cannot compete in the quality arena. Your $hitty barrel rifling is not the only negative thing I have heard about after talking to several people who bought them. $299 may have been TOO good to be true - well maybe TRUE, but not so good. Anyone remember the Yugo and the various methods dealers used to 'dump' them?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top