JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up my first 1911, Para Elite Commander, and promptly installed the VZ grips I ordered for it.
Before
DSCF0592.jpg

After
DSCF0597.jpg DSCF0598.jpg

Range outing coming this weekend.

Ric

DSCF0592.jpg

DSCF0597.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

Took the Para to the range Friday after work today. 249 flawless rounds and 1 failure to fire( mag #16) that I'm sure was caused by my thumb pushing the safety up.

Ejected the mag and the round in the chamber, reloaded the round in the mag and went off just fine. Man this gun is filthy now!

Used the 2 Para mags included with the gun and 1 Wilson Combat mag I purchased when picking up the Para last night. The only other "issue" was the left side grip panel screws working loose.

So 30 mags worth of PMC and PPU 230gr fmj and I'm very pleased with my purchase. It will need night sights though. The 2 dot rear and FO front are great in a well lit environment but not so good in the dark.

Opinions on night sights appreciated.

A better pic with the VZ grips.

DSCF0605.jpg

Ric

DSCF0605.jpg

Nice lookin gun! Your experience so far is very similar to what I found with the one Para I owned.

If you ever have a fail to fire again, pay very close attention to the primer of that round. If the primer strike is light, you may have a problem with the firing pin safety... If it never happens again, well then it's just a fluke.

I'm assuming this gun has a firing pin safety, so I may be off track on my thought here. The FPS was the only part of my gun that gave me any trouble.

Nice lookin gun! Your experience so far is very similar to what I found with the one Para I owned.

If you ever have a fail to fire again, pay very close attention to the primer of that round. If the primer strike is light, you may have a problem with the firing pin safety... If it never happens again, well then it's just a fluke.

I'm assuming this gun has a firing pin safety, so I may be off track on my thought here. The FPS was the only part of my gun that gave me any trouble.

It has an inertia firing pin and a firing pin lock.
I had pushed the thumb safety up while adjusting my grip. When I ejected the round I looked at the primer and it had no mark on it. Reloaded it and finished the last 2 rounds in that mag.

Ric

There may not be enough contrast on the engraved QR code for your phone to read. Usually those are black and white, but an engraved one is black and black. Just a thought.

Nice gun BTW! Bring it here. Let me shoot it.

There may not be enough contrast on the engraved QR code for your phone to read. Usually those are black and white, but an engraved one is black and black. Just a thought.

Nice gun BTW! Bring it here. Let me shoot it.

Didn't think about the contrast aspect of the codes.

Thanks, but yer a bit far. If you're in Seattle, hit me up, we can meet at WCA Bellevue or Federal Way. I have no problem letting another shooter try my pistols.

Ric

I'd like to congratulate you on the new pistol, but since it had one minor failure it is obviously unsafe. Please send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you.

:s0112:

I bought my Para Elite Commander in February (that's it in the avatar) and so far I like it a lot. Most of the shooting has been done with handloads at VRPC with Rainier Ballistics copperwashed lead bullets, around 850 FPS. Also got in on the factory rebate program for this year. I have nearly 1000 rounds through it, and it just keeps going.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top