JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Years ago I purchased a large lot (several hundreds) of paper targets that the Georgia State Police had rejected for some reason. They are the large sized paper (can't remember the dimensions) and have a single large green bullseye in the middle with multiple scoring rings but no numbers or other printing. I found the targets very easy to see and of good quality paper.

Over time I have taken to using the backside of the target to draw multiple bullseyes using a large mouth plastic cup. This gave me 6 bullseyes per target and were more useful on the pistol range where distances are short, while allowing fewer target changes. I keep targets stored laying flat with a bit of weight on them, and take them to the range rolled up in a poster tube.

I'm nearing the end of these targets and would like to purchase some targets for use on the pistol range (indoor, 25 yard max, though we very rarely run the targets out that far). I would like targets of relatively simple design. I've seen a number of designs that were way too busy for me, with all manner of scoring rings/markings and such.

And finally, my wife and I are not getting any younger and our vision reflects this, I wonder about the spatter burst type targets? Are they helpful? Are you able to use pasters on them to prolong their use a bit? Can they handle being rolled up in a tube for transport?

Thanks

There is a thread where you can print until your heart is content. I hope my link went through. I usually just print a few as I'm headed to the range.

Try this free web sight for free targets..

https://sites.google.com/site/komitadjie/komi'stargets

Look and pick over the many offerings. Click and it'll download a pdf file to the target that you have selected. Then print it up. I usually print up only one example. Then, I'l take that one target to the printer place (that has a Xerox machine). Using the Xerox machine is a lot cheaper then using printer ink.

I use this free web sight for printable rifle (and pistol) targets.
https://www.6mmbr.com/targets.html

The SR-1 NRA, SR-21NRA and MR-31c NRA......are usually used for practice of a 100 yard reduced hi-power match course. I usually print them up on standard white paper and when placed out at the 100 yard range, the scoring rings will roughly simulate shooting the hi-power course without the access to a "real range".

Of course, because they have large black centers......they could also be used for pistol range targets too.

Note: being that they are printed on standard paper, they will not have cleanly cut holes when the bullet passes through. I once had my home made printed targets taken to a printer's shop to put them on "proper paper". Though that could be expensive, for just a target.

Enjoy.

Aloha, Mark

PS......I forgot about this web sight that I use to print up "fun targets".

http://www.targetz.com/

Print up a few extras to give away at the range. I usually have a few of the printed "fly targets" (or stars) in my range bag. Kids usually find them challenging (22LR practice) vs. a standard boring black circle.

Last Edited:
... I wonder about the spatter burst type targets? Are they helpful? Are you able to use pasters on them to prolong their use a bit? Can they handle being rolled up in a tube for transport?

Splatter targets are very helpful in spotting your shots. Most come with a few pasters but I find they are not enough. You can get splatter targets in very small sizes (3/4, 1, 2.5 inch). I have a selection of these and use them as pasters. I also use 4 inch splatter targets as repair centers on larger bulls.

I hope this helps!

Targetz.com

Print them, done. Although, that's only if you are needing something specific like 1 MOA paper grid. At this point I just keep all my scrap paper that's blank on one side and sharpie a circle onto it. A spool of masking tape will make a target go a long way too, especially if you are shooting small groups.

I like paper plates your eye will naturally find the center or you can draw around the big end of a paper cup then draw around the centered small end, fill in between the two and make a pretty good bullseye target.

Over time I have taken to using the backside of the target to draw multiple bullseyes using a large mouth plastic cup. This gave me 6 bullseyes per target and were more useful on the pistol range where distances are short, while allowing fewer target changes. I keep targets stored laying flat with a bit of weight on them, and take them to the range rolled up in a poster tube.

I'm nearing the end of these targets and would like to purchase some targets for use on the pistol range (indoor, 25 yard max, though we very rarely run the targets out that far). I would like targets of relatively simple design. I've seen a number of designs that were way too busy for me, with all manner of scoring rings/markings and such.

And finally, my wife and I are not getting any younger and our vision reflects this, I wonder about the spatter burst type targets? Are they helpful? Are you able to use pasters on them to prolong their use a bit? Can they handle being rolled up in a tube for transport?

Thanks
something like this...

shoot n c small adhesive...

shoot n c patches.....

also orange bulls eye patches...
1 Flourescent Red Self Adhesive Target Spots 10 Pack 360 Targets

Lots of different sizes and shapes and easy to see hits. I use shoot nc and dirty birds a lot.

Little round, adhesive (though they range from quite small to large as a shot glass) splatter target/bullseye type spots, that you can affix to the center of a pie plate.

Low cost, effective targets.

I use ordinary high school graph paper. I make a bullseye by using that dark blue 3M masking tape or black duct tape. Since it is 8 1/2 x 11 it files nicely in my records, so I can keep up with what is happening with different loads, etc.

0DB2B3AA-9AAD-4708-8DED-910C0C8E31FB.png

I use splatter targets a lot. I shoot quite a bit off hand and the splatter target gives me instant feedback on my shot placement.

Probably the cheapest place to get splatter targets is Amazon.

Lots of good ideas here, but I'll throw this out:

They come in different sizes from a 1/4" to 1". You can't tell by the picture but when you pull the backer tape down, a sticker comes out from the top of the box with half of it detatched from the backing -- makes them super easy to grab and being in a box, they store really nice in my range bag. The box is roughly the size of tape measure.

dot.jpg

EDIT: what I like about these over sheets, is that they don't get messed up in my bag, or unroll. They're really convenient. As for paper, I just use copy paper.

I use those to paste my paper and cardboard targets. Cheaper than dedicated target pasters and you can find colors that match the target color well.

The pop up feature is great too!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top