JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry in advance if this has been posted before, but after a quick search I didn't find this on NWFA yet.

Here are a series of youtube videos in which a guy shows off the paper guns he has built.....not only are they exact replicas of the original gun they were built to resemble down to the smallest detail, but also are apparently fully functioning to the extent that they can feed and fire ammo!

Here are a few examples of guns this guy has made, showing him disassembling them with components that look and apparently function like the real thing:

Paper 1911 Pistol:

YouTube - Paper M1911 Pt 2 disassembly

YouTube - homemade paper M1911 slide test

Paper shotgun:

YouTube - Homemade Paper Shotgun Disassembly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3YSbIGjBQ8&feature=channel

Paper AK-47:

YouTube - Paper AK Update #22

YouTube - Paper AK Update #25

Paper AWSM 338 Lapua:

YouTube - Homemade AWSM (functional test)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eahrbM-N0pI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhak4_pr4wo&feature=related

There are more videos at youtube, just posted a few here.

So, brilliant or insane, you be the judge!

:s0112::s0155::s0114:

Interesting, but I doubt they'd withstand more than a few live rounds fired.

Keith
There was a Clint Eastwood movie a while back in which an assasin made a gun out of plastic to whack POTUS. That wouldn't take too many rounds.

Disclaimer - I am in no way advocating such a use for paper guns, or harming any public official in any manner - just so the SS Leibstandarte can't say I was. Come to think of it who would wish ill to befall Barry the Usurper? He has wrought a level of destruction on the Dems the Neocons could never have imagined a few short years back. :s0114:

Yeah, that was 'In the Line of Fire'. My teenagers grumbled when I put the DVD in the player, but they quickly settled down and stared wide-eyed and unmoving at the show for the next two hours. Clint will do it every time :) .

Plus, I need to review my initial assessment of these videos. The kid is pretty good. If he can do this, he can home build real weapons. Bravo.

Keith

Even though they might not handle one or more rounds, it looks like manufacturing to me. Look for blue jackets with yellow ATF's on the back soon.

Not only is it illegal to manufacture without forms but it's illegal to make or own a firearm that is metal detector proof.

Other than those two things. Wow. Good job. Cool..

Interesting, but I doubt they'd withstand more than a few live rounds fired.

Keith

From the comments of one of the videos:

MrPookie00 9 months ago
lol tacome im assuming u actually shoot these things ( besides in videos ) and since the barrrel is just made out of paper no matter how hard it is u must replace the barrel every so oftem am i correct?

Tacome1942 9 months ago
maybe around every 3-5000 shots, unless something happens to it.

I wonder if the black Suburbans have pulled up in his yard to disgorge legions of killer robots to teach him a lesson for having such thoughts and sharing such arcane knowledge with possible evil doers.

I think the kid should take some serious machine shop and welding courses as well as mechanical engineering and become a gun designer.

This was my first thought. This kid not only has a special talent for meticulously re-creating guns, but also because of this experience now has a very intimate knowledge of every component within the guns he has done. If nothing else, I bet he'll be recruited by one of the big manufacturers after these videos circulate!

Even though they might not handle one or more rounds,

In a few of the videos you can see this guy cycling ammo through magazines in many of the different guns. In one of the 1911 vids, he loads one dummy round and gets the slide to come back properly to feed another round (It even locks open on the last shot, crazy). I think that these are well done enough that they could handle feeding (prob with a few FTF and FTE's). Now how they would stand up to the pressures from real ammo, I still can't figure that out. It seems he is modifying ammo for these guns, but mentions in a few that he fires real at times? Oh well, whatever, I just thought it was cool!!:s0155:

Even though they might not handle one or more rounds, it looks like manufacturing to me. Look for blue jackets with yellow ATF's on the back soon.

Not only is it illegal to manufacture without forms but it's illegal to make or own a firearm that is metal detector proof.

Other than those two things. Wow. Good job. Cool..

Manufacture for personal use (depending on location, state laws could change that) is legal, just can't pass it off except by will, why do you think parts kits are so popular :)

And I'd like to see the law regarding metal detector proof guns being illegal :huh:
These don't quite qualify though due to the combination of springs and cartridges

Oh yea, OP question:
Brilliant AND insane! my favorite combination, lot of talent for sure

So what violation are the ATF going to charge him with when they show up? Got a link to a law to back up your claims or are you just making stuff up? Last I heard it was legal to make any title 1 gun without "forms".

Ranb

Manufacture for personal use (depending on location, state laws could change that) is legal, just can't pass it off except by will, why do you think parts kits are so popular :)

And I'd like to see the law regarding metal detector proof guns being illegal :huh:
These don't quite qualify though due to the combination of springs and cartridges

Oh yea, OP question:
Brilliant AND insane! my favorite combination, lot of talent for sure

I agree, you most certainly can mfg your own firearm without any license, permission or paperwork so long as it isn't an NFA class firearm, but I would add that you can also sell a firearm you mfg, that is why an AK with a receiver bent out of a flat is legal to sell, you cannot do this with the intention of making money or building them just to sell.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top