JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think there were 10-11 million guns sold in the US last year.. somebody fact check me, I could be wrong.

Anyway, they can track all of that, yes. They can't do anything about it though.

I'm not too worried about the gov't. Google worries me a little bit.

Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, Verizon, ATT, Walmart, JP Morgan, Bank of America, etc., etc., etc.

Not to mention their subsidiaries, partners, and consulting firms. The volume of data out there that is all compiled, tabulated, and built into nice statistical reports is mindblowing. So far, it's never been used at the individual level, but that's just because there's no money in it. Have you ever noticed that on Google and Facebook, there's a surprising number of ads that seem relevant?

Most all of mine were bought from FFL's. So yes, there is a paper trail. They are used for legal activities. If the government ever gets so out of wack that they start confiscating firearms, ever thing else will be so out of wack before then that me and my guns will have 'moved' and we will be very difficult to find. I really don't expect this to happen in my life time so I am not really worried about it.

The paper trail we leave is long it started before we could even write. The video trail of what we do is even more extensive.

We can be tracked by our cell phones gps, and they can turn on the camera on them to see what your up to, read your txts, check your voicemail, look at all of your pics stored in the memory, check your call logs, browsing history and of course listen in on your conversations and by they I mean anyone with $39.95

The paper trail we leave is long it started before we could even write. The video trail of what we do is even more extensive.

We can be tracked by our cell phones gps, and they can turn on the camera on them to see what your up to, read your txts, check your voicemail, look at all of your pics stored in the memory, check your call logs, browsing history and of course listen in on your conversations and by they I mean anyone with $39.95

Now that cellular networks are all digital and encrypted, it's more than $39.95... but it is pretty trivial.

More interestingly, there was a big deal a while ago about the fact that every major US wireless provider had big fat data pipes over to the FBI that went behind their firewalls and security. Theoretically, the FBI is supposed to have a warrant to access that data, but it's all hidden behind high level classifications at the government that all the FOIA requests were almost completely redacted and the private companies aren't required to release the information.*

As I said before... you can't live off the grid. All you can do is know how to leave the grid if you ever need to.

And:

Most all of mine were bought from FFL's. So yes, there is a paper trail. They are used for legal activities. If the government ever gets so out of wack that they start confiscating firearms, ever thing else will be so out of wack before then that me and my guns will have 'moved' and we will be very difficult to find. I really don't expect this to happen in my life time so I am not really worried about it.

Uncle Sam isn't gonna just show up and knock on your door asking for your firearms. There will be plenty of warning, and there are too many of us to show up all at once anyway. There will be some kind of disaster (Natural, or the new 'man made' variety), most likely, or a long slow shift in public opinion in order to ban guns.

*http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2008/03/whistleblower-f/

Last Edited:
It isn't the fed you should worry about. Many companies datamine the internet and have way more information on you then the fed does. They then sell this information to whomever can pay for it. Most of it has to do with direct marketing, but there is a ton of info out there on you. If you've got netflix or another means watch the documentary "Erasing David," it is very interesting. I really don't think the fed ia much of a worry. They don't the time money or processing power to shift through the internet. Do you really think they watch a small forum such as this and all the other small forums out there? Its big business you've got to worry about. I would guess Google or Amazon.com has more info on you and your habits then the fed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

It isn't the fed you should worry about. Many companies datamine the internet and have way more information on you then the fed does. They then sell this information to whomever can pay for it. Most of it has to do with direct marketing, but there is a ton of info out there on you. If you've got netflix or another means watch the documentary "Erasing David," it is very interesting. I really don't think the fed ia much of a worry. They don't the time money or processing power to shift through the internet. Do you really think they watch a small forum such as this and all the other small forums out there? Its big business you've got to worry about. I would guess Google or Amazon.com has more info on you and your habits then the fed.

Yup...

/I also have an Android, but if you ever have to go off grid, throw that phone in someone else's car...

That is step three after formatting the phone and pulling/destroying the cards.

If you want to destroy the data, you have to destroy the whole phone as they have gigs of Flash in them that formatting doesn't erase. But, most of that data is stored server-side anyway, so the misdirection of throwing it in someone else's moving vehicle outweighs the data being compromised.

Google reminds me of the brains on Futurama.

Man, I've lost guns at sea as well. Some day someone will make millions on the salvage from the 10+ million guns that are probably at the bottom of large bodies of water :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top