JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I do not like the idea of having a paper trail to my guns just because I don't think it is the Government's business. (I know "they" are reading this, no I am not paranoid :s0131:) Am I being overly worried? I know that many of the individual FFL vendors that support this site would put up a big fight if ever needed to, but push come to shove, it is feasible that records could be requisitioned in the future. It seems like a lot of you do not have a problem with buying from dealers or FFLs. Why or why not? BTW I have purchased through in-state and out-of state dealers as well as from individuals.

"they" know a LOT more about you than you think, just by your bank transactions alone.

I don't worry about a paper trail for that reason alone... to me, knowing that I have a brand new firearm that doesn't have a questionable history is worth a lot more than trying to obscure one more piece of information. Sure, 'they' might not know exactly what guns you might own, but from this one post alone I can tell a few things about you.

1) you have more than one gun
2) you have some idea about document security, and probably own a shredder
3) you live in Oregon, but probably travel regularly
4) you probably have at least one nonresident CCW permit.

The important thing isn't living 'off the grid', but knowing how to leave it if you ever need to.

/wow, now I sound paranoid... really, I'm not, just a geek that knows a thing or two about data mining.

"they" know a LOT more about you than you think, just by your bank transactions alone.

I don't worry about a paper trail for that reason alone... to me, knowing that I have a brand new firearm that doesn't have a questionable history is worth a lot more than trying to obscure one more piece of information. Sure, 'they' might not know exactly what guns you might own, but from this one post alone I can tell a few things about you.

1) you have more than one gun
2) you have some idea about document security, and probably own a shredder
3) you live in Oregon, but probably travel regularly
4) you probably have at least one nonresident CCW permit.

The important thing isn't living 'off the grid', but knowing how to leave it if you ever need to.

/wow, now I sound paranoid... really, I'm not, just a geek that knows a thing or two about data mining.

And what the government knows PALES in comparison to what private data mining companies know. There have been quite a few instances recently of the government buying background checks on individuals from private data warehousing companies.

It is nearly impossible any more to live truly "off grid", and to get as close as possible, you would need to never use the Internet. Give me a month and a few hundred dollars, and I will find out more about you than you would possibly want to have known. (Happened at another forum I'm on, someone was selling a lot of items, another forum member got suspicious, dug in, and discovered it was a notorious fraudster operating under a new name - got criminal records, personal records, the works. Although the fraudster seems to have reformed - his fraud was in 2004-2005, and he completely disappeared in between. Multiple people had successful purchases (including me) this time around before his true identity was revealed.)

I sold all my guns to Eric Holder lol

I have had private sale guns and it's all good but all the guns that I own now have a paper trail. One thing I don't get is that they say the state does not keep track of your firearm(s).... so why do they need the serial number when you call in for a background check? maybe they wanna make sure the firearm is not stolen? I make vids and post them on YouTube so that is one way for "THEM" to find out what I have.... also emails and phone conversations inform "THEM".
If they ever try to come take my guns.... they will never get my guns because they will all get sold or get cut up because I would rather destroy my guns and not let them have it..... who knows where my guns will end up under my name...F that. Or I might just give them a good burrell, R.I.P AK-47.... I will always love you hahahahah and I will pound my fist to the ground like the Koreans did when Kim Jung Il died lol.

I think there were 10-11 million guns sold in the US last year.. somebody fact check me, I could be wrong.

Anyway, they can track all of that, yes. They can't do anything about it though.

I'm not too worried about the gov't. Google worries me a little bit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top