JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone make their own paper cartridges for cap and ball revolvers? I have seen a few videos on youtube and tried unsuccessfully with plain cigarette paper. Just wondering if anyone has a not too tedious and reliable method. Thanks

What are finding not reliable...?
Tedious it is ....what with cutting to size and measuring the powder ...
I like to just use a flask with a appropriate sized spout , a greased felt wad and a proper size round ball.
Andy

What you need is something called Flash Paper. I haven't seen any in some time. You might try fleaBay or see if someone on U-Tube has a demo on how to make it.

Long time ago I was into BP and made Paper Cartridges for my .36 Caliber T-C Seneca Rifle. It sure made loading much quicker!

What you need is something called Flash Paper. I haven't seen any in some time. You might try fleaBay or see if someone on U-Tube has a demo on how to make it.

Long time ago I was into BP and made Paper Cartridges for my .36 Caliber T-C Seneca Rifle. It sure made loading much quicker!
Some guys are nitrating coffee filter paper with potassium nitrate. I may try that.

Years and years ago I used flashpaper to roll my own .457 "cartridges" for the Ruger Old Army, with varied success. Part of the problem was finding the paper in large enuff size...

I used to use cigarette rolling papers rolled around the spout of a flask and I used Elmers glue to seal the tube of paper. I then put the ball on the end of the tube and Elmers glued it to the paper. Added powder and folded over the paper and glued again. They worked fine. Cut the reload time of a Remington 1858 in half. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top