JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I for one will buy all my Pizza from now on at papa John's
Solid American Company I say we all shop there and when we go in to order mention this verdict .
This is just me Talking

Pizza Delivery Woman Shoots Attacker in Face – Papa John's Announces Verdict in Victim's Future Employment

PapaJohns-860x280.jpg
A Georgia woman was delivering pizza recently for Papa John's, when a man approached her car with a gun and attempted to rob her. When he threw her face down on the ground, she pulled her own handgun from her pocket and shot him in the face, killing him.

The woman has since worried about losing her job, as Papa John's has a policy forbidding the carrying of firearms by delivery personnel, even to defend themselves.

The national chain has now announced their decision, telling Fox News the woman will not lose her job in this case.

The safety of Papa John's employees is a top priority for our company.

Company policy prohibits employees from utilizing firearms in the performance of their duties. We plan no changes to our current policy, which is designed to protect customers and employees.

Upon investigation and considering the specific facts of the situation, we have reassigned the employee to work in the store and are offering her counseling to help her recuperate from the incident.

Captain Stephen Fore of the DeKalb County Police Department also voiced his support, telling local television station WSB-TV:

She had no other choice. She must have been in fear for her life and she reacted.

The driver will not face any charges in the shooting.

It's too bad that corporate America shuns ones right to protect themselves only to keep their corporate image from being tarnished by the use of a constitutional right (bear arms).
Corporations will do nothing to keep their outside employees safe but hire mega muscle to protect the elites in the company. :mad:

It's Pappa Johns for us from now on!!!:)

But they haven't changed their policy!

And they probably won't due to lawyers. What really matters is how they apply their policy. In this case, they showed they can be flexible enough to allow someone to break a rule, in defense of their own life, yet to keep their job. That shows good judgment on their part. By keeping the policy in place, they can appeal to their lawyers and to some others.

I think they made the right choice in light of their own policy. Thumbs up to them.

But they haven't changed their policy!
Nor will they, due to liability concerns.

She clearly violated company policy by carrying a gun while working. However...nowhere in their statement is it specified what the consequences are for violating that policy. So maybe they gave her a warning letter, or a write-up. Maybe they docked 5 cents off of her pay. What matters is that they didn't fire her, and it sounds as though they are treating her right, getting her counseling etc. Good for Papa Johns!

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

I thought this was announced weeks ago.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

What matters is that they didn't fire her, and it sounds as though they are treating her right, getting her counseling etc. Good for Papa Johns!

But how many people who work there don't carry while delivering pizza due to the policy? This is really bad because the policy keeps people from carrying. Some people will choose to carry, get caught, and get fired. Only the RARE person who defies the policy, defends themselves, and gets publicity will not be punished by the policy.

But how many people who work there don't carry while delivering pizza due to the policy? This is really bad because the policy keeps people from carrying. Some people will choose to carry, get caught, and get fired. Only the RARE person who defies the policy, defends themselves, and gets publicity will not be punished by the policy.
It is a liability issue, nothing more. Papa John's insurance would be unaffordable if they allowed their employees to be armed as a matter of policy. So instead they prohibit it, with the consequences of violating the policy dependent upon the manner in which the gun was used. No different really from Dutch Brothers, the barista down in Eugene who shot and killed an armed robber was in violation of Dutch Brothers "no guns" policy but they didn't fire him either.

Why worry about losing a pizza delivery job?
That's the whole point.

If you have a carry permit (like she did) and use the gun in a lawful manner for self defense (like she did) they aren't going to fire you for violating the policy. Sort of like "don't ask don't tell" was for the military.

Nope, I won't be eating Papa John's just because they are not firing this one employee while everyone is watching. The fact they aren't changing the policy tells me they are just trying to avoid even more boycott's like after the CEO said he favored slightly higher profits over the welfare of his employees (which dropped their national rating from a 35 to a 4). Their pizza is pretty awful and the CEO is a scumbag.

It's too bad that corporate America shuns ones right to protect themselves only to keep their corporate image from being tarnished by the use of a constitutional right (bear arms).
Corporations will do nothing to keep their outside employees safe but hire mega muscle to protect the elites in the company. :mad:

It's Pappa Johns for us from now on!!!:)

It's too bad Corporations have to have this stance...otherwise people would sue the crap out of them!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top