Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Panic buyers

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by titsonritz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. titsonritz

titsonritz has left the building. Well-Known Member

over and out

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Fumes, aksu747, DireWolf and 19 others like this.
  2. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

What's going to happen when the GOP blocks any assault weapons ban in the House?

Remember, the GOP has a 33-seat advantage in the House, and they've already signaled opposition to a ban. From the NYTimes:

3. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

I was at Curt's on Tuesday morning, about 15 minutes after they opened. I'd just gone in to pick up some sights for an AR I'm working on but holy cow, was that place belly-button-to-backside. There was no parking (had to park a couple businesses over) and the sales staff looked like they were under siege.

4. Fumes

Fumes Wa. Active Member

But the sky is falling haven't you heard??

Sling Blade and (deleted member) like this.
  5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Ever hear of an Executive Order? Yes, it's illegal to use but since when has that stopped Obummer and his bunch?

6. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I initially thought about that as well, but then today Obama actually said he wants to make recommendations to Congress at the end of January. So that typically means Congressional legislation, not an executive order.

I could be wrong.

And of course this doesn't affect the possibility of a state-level ban.

But the possibility of a Federal ban is far from guaranteed. Remember, Sandy Hook happened less than a week ago. Americans have a short attention span for these things. Outrage is still extremely high right now, but that will fade in a month or two when actual legislation is being discussed. The NRA has deep pockets, and 33 GOP House members is a lot to persuade to go against the party line.

7. tripleshotsplease

tripleshotsplease Seattle Active Member

Pmag for sale, price is 1 pound of gold or a night alone with megan fox.

8. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Whose nuts? The buyers or the sellers?

9. PDXWolf

PDXWolf Oregon Active Member

BOTH!

aksu747 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. mtn1x

mtn1x Portland, OR Member

DUDE. I sold some gu-huuuuuns toooooday. People are crazy!

But I don't think that it is entirely unwarranted.

11. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

Shoot... I am looking forward to MAYBE... being able to pick up one of these AR's that will be in surplus in a couple years... Yup... MAYBE.. they will be handing them out with every $25 purchase at Walmart....
    Once again, who knows.... If someone does, and they also know next months lotto numbers, please let me know..

Also, I am not a nutjob, they make great long range target platforms, that is why I would want one. I would be happy with a standard 10 round mag. I dont have a problem with reloading.

12. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

Buyers, because if they are willing to pay the price it will go up.

13. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

This is a C&P from a heavy duty dealer posting on GB forum.the wholesalers are about out of AR'S and are limiting the amount you can buy.

"day.....its nuts out there.

I had someone ask me to buy them ANY reasonable AR15 I could get my hands on. They couldn't find one so I tried to make some calls. I couldn't get through to anyone.

So, I thought well crap.....I had better run out and see what is going on???

FRIGGIN crazy mess.....thats what is going on.

I went to the one and only guy that I deal with on a wholesale level. He says he CAN'T sell me anything at all for less than retail.....and he DOESN'T WANT TO SELL ME A BUNCH for retail!!!

He will let me buy THREE GUNS ONLY!!! He has about 50 guns left....and can't get any more from anywhere.

He expects to be out of guns before Friday.....and NONE are on the way. The distributors that he deals with are all out. They have sold more than 90,000 rifles in the past couple days.

I went ahead and paid for the three he let me get.....and actually stopped by one store that is renowned for being way WAY overpriced. I found myself being "fine" with paying a nutty price for a DPMS AR-15 from them.....because that was the last one they had.

This is crazy. I'm in shock from the nuttiness of this past three hours.

Why today? Why is this all of the sudden.....panic and buy all of the lowers, ARs and mags you can get your hands on???"

14. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

I think people will be awfully upset if there is no ban. Think about it. You pay $1200 for and $800 AR today and in two months no ban happens. What do you do? Can't sell it for what you paid, so keep it or take it in the shorts. That's why I'm not buying above what I would have paid 2 months ago because I don't believe a national ban will happen. If it does, then I guess I will be the one kicking myself, but the bottom line is that if you want it bad enough to pay whatever the price might be then get it.

15. mattdomes

Just sold 2 complete lowers in less than 30 minutes, its crazy out there! Really though people, its not going to happen any time soon... Everyone calm down and be civil please :)

theparanorm and (deleted member) like this.
  16. mattdomes

Purchased a couple before Obama went into office and took a bath on them later when I sold them. Just now the price has returned to where it was then...

17. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

I remember .380 was going for some obscene price in 2008. I bought some at a high price but sure wasn't sad when the price came back down :)

18. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Orville Redenbacher stock must be going out the roof.

19. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

I've got a Red Jacket modified Saiga 7.62X39 that I had them do years ago. Between the popularity of their name and the current panic I should see what some uninformed buyer would pay for it now.

20. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Man I wonder what I could get for a 7.62X39 AR pistol in a panic sale?
    Hmmm