JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

From the article
A Mainer used a rented Ford Mustang GT with 130 gallons worth of fuel tanks to set a solo record for racing from New York to Los Angeles in 25 hours, 55 minutes. A team set a new record soon after his record-setting jaunt.

Meanwhile, I'm just putting around at the speed limit letting the frothy mouthed impatient folk pass right on by

Meanwhile, in Portland... I spent the last three days driving in the city in the mornings to bring my Mom to get transfusion and the assorted testing prior... didn't see one PPD patrol car the whole time.

While in Beaverton, I've seen at least three patrol cars in a 4 hour span in different areas.

I'm not saying it's because of defunding efforts, but I saw first hand that driving through downtown was at greater than speed limits the whole time, early morning and just after lunch time each day.

Very seldom do I see Portland police in NE potland anymore. A person that spends much time driving around the East side of the river will see numerous example of speeding and dangerous driving. Many intersection have black tire mark circles in them. At night you can hear various farty-can-muffler-cars going like a bat out of hell on the nearby roads. Look at license plates while your driving. A lot are well expired, no front plates, long expired temporary tags. NO PLATE/tags AT ALL! :s0114:

I see lots of folks speeding , while on my drive to and from school.
I tend to go about 5 or so over....on the interstate...I go the speed limit or less in residential areas.

And while I don't have problem with folks going the speed limit...
Its those people who are "cursing" along at 5 -10 under the speed limit in the passing lane / fast lane that irk me.

What I find interesting , is how folks react when I am driving my red Chevy Silverado...and different they are when I am driving my wife's little Nissan Versa.
Andy

Last Edited:
Plenty of traffic enforcement in the burbs, but it is still a free for all in Portland proper.

I won't venture east of the West Hills unless I have to. And there is no way I am going anywhere near Gresham, 82nd Ave, or on the 205.

I see lots of folks speeding , while on my drive to and from school.
I tend to go about 5 or so over....on the interstate...I go the speed limit or less in residential areas.

And while I don't have problem with folks going the speed limit...
Its those people who are "cursing" along at 5 -10 under the speed limit in the passing lane / fast lane that irk me.

What I find interesting , is how folks react when I am driving my red Chevy Silverado...and different they are when I am driving my wife's little Nissan Versa.
Andy
THAT! I drive "between the pins" as I call it. So if posted is 60 I am at 62 and I stay to the right unless passing. If others want to go around me to go 80? I could care less, they are not in my way. My BP does shoot up when someone is going at or below and blocking the left lanes. This is normally the self appointed pace setters. Who make it their life job to enforce the speed limit. What this does it put others in danger when some hot head does something they saw on TV to get around them and finds out their driving skills are not like the video game. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top