JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking at Pancake style holsters for my Para 7.45, full size 1911 style.

Any of you folks out there use such a holster?

If so, which manufacturer/model of holster?

Pros?/Cons?

Thanks.

Jerry

I've been looking at Pancake style holsters for my Para 7.45, full size 1911 style.

Any of you folks out there use such a holster?

If so, which manufacturer/model of holster?

Pros?/Cons?

Thanks.

Jerry

Do you want leather or kydex?

For off-the-shelf leather, Galco has some nice options. I personally like the FLETCH. I've also had Bianchi and Kramer stuff. Preferred the Galco over both of those.

I'm much more of a kydex guy than leather though. If you go the plastic route and want name brand - it's hard to go wrong with a Raven Concealment rig, and they have both pancake wings, injection molded loops, and you can convert their stuff to IWB by removing the OWB loops and replacing with IWB soft loops by themselves, or an injection molded strut and soft loop combo thus allowing for a tucked in shirt.

I have a High Noon belt slider that I'd describe as a pancake holster. I prefer an IWB for concealment but use this holster for anything else. I really like having the gun high and tight to my body and this one works well. Mine has a thumb break which some may not like, but I'm sure you can get something very similar with out it.
For something easier to hide, I use Galco Summer Comfort and love it. The guy I bought it from didn't.
Test fit any holster you can before you pay for it...

I have a Galco Cop 3 slot holster for my Sig P250 .45ACP! All leather, three belt slots for a lot of angle adjustment, top notch quality! Like the many other Galco holsters I own this one has been perfect! Very comfortable. SRG

Thread Resurrection...
I found this leather pancake holster with strap. Good news is they are in Beaverton OR. Anyone tried it?

• Precision stitching, lightweight (only 4 oz)
  • Made from U.S. double shoulder 7 oz. weight cowhide.
  • Holster will accept belts up to 1 3/4" width.
  • Available in Black, Brown, Burgundy, and Saddle Tan.
1704809255275.png

1704808908778.png

1704809161410.png

1704809199434.png

1704809228695.png

Thread Resurrection...
I found this leather pancake holster with strap. Good news is they are in Beaverton OR. Anyone tried it?

View attachment 1798373

View attachment 1798369

View attachment 1798370

View attachment 1798371

View attachment 1798372
Probably not. That strap precludes a proper firing grip upon drawing so..

Thread Resurrection...

They have some interesting items, but for a 1911 (from the OP) it looks like their holsters and not made for cocked and locked carry. The DeSantis 1CL is a good choice off the rack if you wish to use a holster with extra retention.

I thought I'd bring it up and depending on the purpose too. Its very rare on my end to pull a firearm since its not really the nature of my job. Its a in case protection and the last thing I dont want to do is accidentally drop a gun because its not secured.

They have some interesting items, but for a 1911 (from the OP) it looks like their holsters and not made for cocked and locked carry. The DeSantis 1CL is a good choice off the rack if you wish to use a holster with extra retention.
I was initially looking at the desantis. I need the one with the strap. But if I was going to use it in practice or quick draw, I'd go with kydex.
1704814502683.png

Last Edited:
Simply Rugged would be my choice. I have 2 of their revolver pancake, 3 slots for strong side or cross draw. I like open top for carry and range and IDPA. If open carry was my goal (it's not) I'd have a retention strap. For field carry, either open top under a coat or maybe a flap holster.

1704862119586.jpeg
1704862185790.jpeg

Last Edited:
This was one of the best deals around.
Full sweat shield and suede lined for around $50
Midway used to have them.
ross-leather-1911-5.jpg

This was one of the best deals around.
Full sweat shield and suede lined for around $50
Midway used to have them.
View attachment 1798993
Beautiful lining and stitching. It seems like it makes a whole lot of difference if the holster is shaped inside with your firearm.. if that's correct?

Beautiful lining and stitching. It seems like it makes a whole lot of difference if the holster is shaped inside with your firearm.. if that's correct?
Yes, the holster makers use a "blue gun" to shape some of their holsters to a particular gun model.
A blue gun is a plastic replica of an actual, to scale firearm.

ETA:
These handgun replicas are also used in self-defense training, hence the blue (or other) colors.

Last Edited:
Like Milt Sparks Nexus for carrying a 1911, distributes the weight and makes it much more comfortable to carry…. Have a half draw full
Of unsuitable holsters for the 1911…

This is the horsehide and steer model with magnetic belt loop snaps, easy on, easy off, pretty much perspiration proof, horsehide is the material against the body. Tucks the 1911 in close to the body, upsize the t-shirt 1 size and your concealed carrying a 1911…

IMG_4352.jpeg

I have a Triple K pancake holster for my 44mag, looking to get another but for my Beretta 92 clone...

I like the holster just fine, comfortable OWB...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top