JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am new to PSA, I bought a complete Magpul LPK on sale..... All was good quality but the FCG, I was appalled at the lack of quality. Maybe this one was not checked by QC but I will never install it.
I let the package sit past the 30 day return date due to so much going on here at home so I probably won't get them to replace it but will contact them soon.
Here's a link to my thread with all the info.

I am new to PSA, I bought a complete Magpul LPK on sale..... All was good quality but the FCG, I was appalled at the lack of quality. Maybe this one was not checked by QC but I will never install it.
I let the package sit past the 30 day return date due to so much going on here at home so I probably won't get them to replace it but will contact them soon.
Here's a link to my thread with all the info.

All their FCG are in need of a honing if not grinding unless you get the kit upgraded. For the diffence in $$ you can learn to do it yourself
Found a set of small fine hone stones w/ different angle a savior for years. They are cheap and last.

All their FCG are in need of a honing if not grinding unless you get the kit upgraded. For the diffence in $$ you can learn to do it yourself
Found a set of small fine hone stones w/ different angle a savior for years. They are cheap and last.

I do my own trigger work, this set are in my opinion are not worth the time and effort.
I was unaware that they seek 80% triggers...

I got their better trigger with my AR-9 lower and it does work. I got a completed upper and a completed lower as with AR-9 parts you need to match brand with brand to ensure working. The Wife's is Angstadt and is definitely classier. I think PSA has a better magazine catch/release assembly, but that's it.
Typically I do not use LPK fire controls, I am way to refined for that :p well I have upgraded aftermarket GI parts as I am a klutz.

If you must say anything negative about PSA it might be their BCG's and lowers might be marked, or might not be marked. This makes for confusing builds. I recently purchased a freedom upper and a freedom lower. The upper came with no markings at all. That is no psa logo. And the bcg was simply marked C158. No MPI or HPI or PSA logo. Strangely the upper had no t markings either. I like PSA, but they may be getting too big, and keep an eye on quality control. For those who have purchased the freedom line, check those uppers for proof markings and T Markings, Check the BCG for the appropriate MPI/HPI markings. Post your findings back here.

Last Edited:
I've bought parts and ammo from PSA over the years. I'm just sick of their "sales". It's the same dang price with (name your holiday) in front of it. It deceptive and pretty low class for a gun company to think it's customers will buy into their bull.... If it's a sale, mark it down. If you're always listing it at your lowest price, then let it be and put something else up.
View attachment 602043
View attachment 602044
View attachment 602050
They have sales and they have sales. You have to weed them out. I would be more concerned about post purchase fraud on credit card used for payment.

Here is an example of a real sale from PSA

Screenshot_20190801-001753.png

Here is an example of a real sale from PSA

View attachment 605006
Is that current?
It's sold out. They have run the deal twice in July and both times it's sold out. First time they ran the deal it took a few days to sell out. The last time it sold out in about a day. I am subscribed to back in stock notification for this deal. If it comes back in stock, I will try to post it in classified deals section here. Adaptive Firing Solutions said $30 out the door to transfer all four of these items.

I've seen stripped lowers going for $30 a pop online but always with shipping cost involved. My guess is the best deal might be $100 total for lowers which would mean your getting the G2S for $130. Great deal and the G2S has been pretty well reviewed.

I am not knocking sales. Sure they have the same sales repeatedly sometimes. I just wonder about quality control and their ability to sell the numbers they generate without skimping out.
They have the same quality throughout, they will function and hold up, but not be your best BBQ gun. They just sell out a lot. I have their lower receivers and they will fit my Aero Precision, Armalite, or Noveske uppers. I have their Uppers and they will fit any lower I have (I have a lot) When they run out of a sale item it takes awhile to fill the order. They are slow to ship most items. I have had them ship a handgun and some ammo fast, but mostly they are slow.

PSA = freedom to me. Sounds corny but they sell A LOT of firearms.

I met a firearms instructor who said, he'd heard of them but wasn't sure of their quality so had avoided then in the past. There are still people, even in the industry that still need to be reached. Not just for PSA, but to stay involved in the firearms culture

One other thing he said was that he avoided social media. I think we have to be involved to some point to at the minimum keep up. They keep attacking our rights and watching it on the local news is too late.

Last Edited:
PSA = freedom to me. Sounds corny but they sell A LOT of firearms.

I met a firearms instructor who said, he'd heard of them but wasn't sure of their quality so had avoided then in the past. There are still people, even in the industry that still need to be reached. Not just for PSA, but to stay involved in the firearms culture

It looks like PSA may be pulling a Cheaper Than Dirt stunt, jacking up prices in recent days.
One which type of items? I bought a complete black Magpul lower for $119 ($136 with shipping). The same lower I've seen from $149 and up but many times with free shipping. The standard GI lower the same week was $109 but this week it's $119. The only thing I've noticed getting pricier are their new line of complete firearms.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top