JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Her: Honey, look what I just bought! I saved us money dear, it was on sale!

You: But you spent $100, there's $100 less in the bank account now.

Her: yes dear, but it normally costs $125, so I saved us $25!

You: But.... we're $100 poorer than before

Her: siiigh.... but I saved us $25, it was ON SALE!

You: ....... yes dear.:rolleyes:
Funny! :s0113:

I do the same with PSA purchases. I show the wife a similar product elsewhere at a higher price, then show her the PSA item "on sale" and recommend to get it now, ya know, while it's "on sale"... Usually works....

My take on the "you need this" sales, are with intentions to get you to "click" something interesting "in" their message. Win/Win for the retailer.
I don't "click" anything in any email unless it's from someone I know personally.
If I see something I like in an email, I go to their site and log-in and go from there with my needs.
PSA's sales notifications, like many others are bait. Don't bite. Be translucent and "search" for the best prices.
Things can generally be found cheaper elsewhere. Most of the time.

Primary Arms can be a pest with their "sales" as well.
Just delete or un-subscribe.

As others have noted similarly, I'll add, the title of 'deceptive marketing practices' is entirely inaccurate.

Deceptive: derived from deceive, to trick, make believe something that is incorrect.

PSA is not selling you something deceptively, they are titling their sale to fit the season, they also have "daily deals" that vary and can be very well priced, just as good as their sales.

Just like all businesses, what they call their sale is irrelevant, also what they sell their sale priced products at is irrelevant, what matters is that are you as a buyer savvy enough to have done a minuscule amount of product research to determine the price you are content to purchase at, because if not, then you might get worked up about businesses who are advertising sales at consistently low prices.

I'm bias. I find PSA to be a fantastic company, and one that probably puts more AR's into American hands compared to the size of its company than most, but I also don't expect businesses to keep me well informed of what good prices are for products, I suppose it's because as an adult I expect that's a responsibility I have myself.

My take on the "you need this" sales, are with intentions to get you to "click" something interesting "in" their message. Win/Win for the retailer.
I don't "click" anything in any email unless it's from someone I know personally.
If I see something I like in an email, I go to their site and log-in and go from there with my needs.
PSA's sales notifications, like many others are bait. Don't bite. Be translucent and "search" for the best prices.
Things can generally be found cheaper elsewhere. Most of the time.

Primary Arms can be a pest with their "sales" as well.
Just delete or un-subscribe.
Also avoid any auctions or local listings that may lead to a good find.

And avoid any local pawn shop. Just avoid anything gun sales related to avoid spending your money actually.

I have no beef with PSA. I just find it annoying when they have it in stock, I go to order, its out of stock, I call, "no way to know when it will be back i stock; no waitlist, no backorder", 3 days later its back in stock. Either build to fill orders taken, take backorders, or hire some staff to keep up with demand.

In La Grande this weekend, it's Crazy Days!!

The main drag/downtown is blocked off. There are food vendors. Merchants bring out racks and shelves of items/clothing onto the sidewalk in front of their stores. It's supposed to be crazy discounts... maybe 50%-75%. Yeah, it hasn't been like that in a long time. It's more the practice of marking a $50 item up to $70 and then marking it $10 off. But the corndogs and the fajitas are good. When I worked for Air Life, I arranged a low level flyover of the Pilatus fixed wing. It was followed by a candy drop from a helo, and a rappelling team from the fire base here. Good stuff.

(edit to add: My quartet has in the past performed on the street corners and inside a few stores. It was fun. But we are taking this summer off after working hard to adapt to changing personnel. )

Last Edited:
PSA , had surplus pistols for sale a few years ago. it was Christmas time , during obama gun grab attempts, I ordered 2 , 1 for a gift. they were having problems It took over 2 months to get my items ,:D after a couple calls they quit answering the phone ,no reply to messages or email. I thought they folded and I got ripped off , I was livid .They eventually showed up at FFL. both were hands down nicer than all other retailers example of the pistol. one appeared to be non issued never fired .4 of us looked at it over & also thought it was never fired stating I should put it away and not use it. I waited to long for it so I loaded it up and fired away . it work flawlessly . It was worth the wait.I don't know if I was lucky or if they sent it to make up for the problems.it was well worth the wait. FAST & CHEAP isn't always better.

Yeah, i have vendor I deal with for work that has 20% off limited time only till end of month. They only chance the magic code every month to early bird or spring fling or such nonsense. They do get my attention when they combine the 20% off with free shipping. Dealt a little with PSA and not displeased with products or service it just depends on what the popularity is of what you are buying.

Brutus Out

Sounds like first world problems. My take on it is if the democrats get any power next year, congress, Senate or potus, we'll all be looking back at this as the good ole days. Stock up now while you can.

I hate it when you're stroking out and your busted forehead vein is spraying blood like a lawn sprinkler and they raise the price of a bandaid right then and there.

If your "sale" is actually the regular price, that's how you get in trouble.
PSA makes subtle changes in their "sales". Like free shipping, a different optic, or, my favorite, changing the "regular" price.
Example, follow the AK-V/Scorpion mags. $19.99 was the regular price. Sale was $15. Free shipping when you get 5.
This weeks sale, $14.99. Regular price is now $29.99!
Yup, ordered 5. Lol

you can get a complete AR15 for
$279.98 +shipping in a week or two it will still be on sale under a different sale but maybe free shipping, and you crying about what?
the constant low price PSA has? I mean dood an AR for less then $300 all I can do not to buy one or more

I've bought parts and ammo from PSA over the years. I'm just sick of their "sales". It's the same dang price with (name your holiday) in front of it. It deceptive and pretty low class for a gun company to think it's customers will buy into their bull.... If it's a sale, mark it down. If you're always listing it at your lowest price, then let it be and put something else up.
View attachment 602043
View attachment 602044
View attachment 602050

If you want cheaper AR-15 uppers, head over to www.combatarmory.com
don't forget to enter TAKE15 when you check out to save 15%

I just paid under $100 for a sweet 7.5" pistol upper

Last Edited:
I've bought PSA many times and have never been disappointed. Are they the fastest, NO. but sometimes they are quick. I don't mind sifting thru their ads to find the cherries. Their prices can be great. You just have to wait for them. Nothing negative to say about PSA.

Shame on psa for offering good deals year round.
Shame!!
The only gripe I could ever have with them is that they can be slow to get product to my door. I'm just not in a hurry when I order from them and am always happy when I get product cause it's a great deal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top