JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PSA is tenacious in pinging those in their email list with advertisements. As has been mentioned, worth eyeballing each because sometimes they shift product around. Found a couple of .300 AAC Blackout's over the holidays. I always find something tempting in their ads...

Grab a gun also has a tendency to release multiple email advertisements as well. To the OP, if their emails bother you, get off the email list. Might help save ya a few buck too...

To the OP, if their emails bother you, get off the email list. Might help save ya a few buck too...
Ive bought a lot from them as they have great deals. It's funny reading all these replies though. Really, I can opt out of emails. It's not the point at all

Come on, yes great value, but admit they think so little of their customers that they run fake sales knowing someone will bite.

Last Edited:
I dont have a problem with it. Now "cheaper than dirt" is shady:mad:

The only thing Cheaper than Dirt is their name, I've checked many of their items against other websites and I find them to be more expensive.

Different complaint about any dealer is:
The adds I see that is a low price leader to get you to shop their site, then hang a huge S/H on there which makes the POS as expensive or more so than the competition. Now that is shady! See a lot of that on eBay. :mad:
Gabby

I lived in a city for about 2.5 years. There was a furniture store that had a going out of business sale sign when I moved in and it was still there when I moved. It's just business.

You used one example but PSA does have a "Freedom" series upper for $180 and a complete basic GI lower for $100. A complete basic no frills AR for under $300. No matter what you call it, that is still a good value. Based on my experience and the small number of PSA quality complaints, I would buy a $300 rifle from them with no worries.

I've bought parts and ammo from PSA over the years. I'm just sick of their "sales". It's the same dang price with (name your holiday) in front of it. It deceptive and pretty low class for a gun company to think it's customers will buy into their bull.... If it's a sale, mark it down. If you're always listing it at your lowest price, then let it be and put something else up.
View attachment 602043
View attachment 602044
View attachment 602050

One thing I can say for sure is I've never been disappointed in the quality of what they sold me.

I miss the Sparc AR deal that I figured they'd continue to do this with... well, I think I'll just get the Sig Romeo 5 instead...

WHAT'S MORE ANNOYING! Seeing the same deals and always being too broke to afford them. LoL

So what? If you don't like it, unsubscribe. Next you'll complain about the mattress/furniture stores that have going out of business sales every month. When you stop caring about things that don't matter, you'll find inner happiness and peace. Go take the dog for a hike, trust me, it's worth it.

275AF0CC-2A9B-4B3F-9799-9150318FE659.jpeg

Been buying from them for many years, even when I was employed by JSE Surplus (ran the store from 08-13 and did all the trouble shooting until I left in 14 )
Never seen any real sales but what the parts should realistically cost post Sandy Hook.
So shop around. Hell some still think a Colt is worth $1200, same gun can be built for under $400, better gun for $700
Never buy in an election year

Last Edited:
My only gripe is the out of stock issue. Typically they will have it back in stock by the next tuesday, but no backorders allowed. Even if you call and ask to order it, no go. You have to catch it when its in stock. If you ask when that will be, you get a story how the people on the phone cant get that info because they cant talk to the assembly line. Even if its as simple as wanting one standard AK. Nothing unusual.

That kind of customer service is just poor. Otherwise I could care less about the pricing or sales. Thats up to them. They just need to get their ordering and stocking process together.

Seems like a fairly common marketing practice to me. They are providing quality products at consistently low prices, to get as many guns in the hands of citizens as quickly as possible.

Now if only my pocket book was as consistently high as their prices are consistently low.

I think there are far more important things to get worked up about than a marketing plan. Their marketing team has one job - sell the product. You have to find ways to get consumers' attention. Flashy banners. Special sales. Special "prices". A LOT of companies do the same thing. It's hardly deceptive, especially if you're a consumer that pays attention to normal pricing. Those that do pay attention are the ones that get the really hot deals, that PSA does put out there too. I see absolutely no reason to complain about it. I don't have to do business with them if I don't like it.

Years ago, I worked for a big retailer. My job at the time was making price changes, which included hanging all the little sale tags and signs around the department. I knew better than anyone else what the "normal" and "sale" prices were. Guess what, even back then, 30 years ago, there were plenty of items that were always "on sale" at their normal price. What happened was that if you took those sale price tags away, people stopped buying - that's bad for business. Put the tag back up, and you'll be re-stocking the shelves that same day. Consumers respond to this stuff, and smart companies know that. I'll keep buying from PSA, regardless of how they advertise. So long as they keep sending me quality stuff at a decent price, I'm good.

What I'd really like them to do is improve their shipping department. It can be a bit slow.

My only gripe is the out of stock issue. Typically they will have it back in stock by the next tuesday, but no backorders allowed. Even if you call and ask to order it, no go. You have to catch it when its in stock. If you ask when that will be, you get a story how the people on the phone cant get that info because they cant talk to the assembly line. Even if its as simple as wanting one standard AK. Nothing unusual.

That kind of customer service is just poor. Otherwise I could care less about the pricing or sales. Thats up to them. They just need to get their ordering and stocking process together.

I consider PSA similar to auto mechanics. You can get it done right, cheap or quickly. Pick two.
PSA, in my experience, provides decent quality at great prices. Sometimes they run out of popular items, particularly if they are on sale for a great price. And sometimes it takes them a while to ship, again, if they are offering a popular product at a great price. And given the deals they offer, I don't think they will miss the few customers that are offended by their "misleading advertising". Caveat Emptor.

Theres a sporting goods/gun store in Spokane called White Elephant that's been around for 50+years. They write a price in sharpie on every item, cross it off and write a lower price under it. Basically the same thing.

I try not to fall for marketing games. If the price is worth it to me, I'll buy it, if not I wont.

I'm always amused by the signs on those mini-marts, and some restaurants that say... "NEW OWNERS!", or "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!"

Like that bag of corn chips and fountain drink are going to be half-price and taste even better... :rolleyes:

Yeah... meet the new boss, same as the old boss. ;)

My wife believes if it says,"sale" she's making money.

26 years of marriage and I still can't convince her it's not true.

Her: Honey, look what I just bought! I saved us money dear, it was on sale!

You: But you spent $100, there's $100 less in the bank account now.

Her: yes dear, but it normally costs $125, so I saved us $25!

You: But.... we're $100 poorer than before

Her: siiigh.... but I saved us $25, it was ON SALE!

You: ....... yes dear.:rolleyes:

Her: Honey, look what I just bought! I saved us money dear, it was on sale!

You: But you spent $100, there's $100 less in the bank account now.

Her: yes dear, but it normally costs $125, so I saved us $25!

You: But.... we're $100 poorer than before

Her: siiigh.... but I saved us $25, it was ON SALE!

You: ....... yes dear.:rolleyes:

If you were going to buy and use it anyway (like food/etc.) then it is indeed saving you money.

I tend to buy things on sale that I know I will use later, even if I don't need it today.

I don't mind the PSA 2X emails. Seriously. That's how I scored $79.99 Toolcraft NiB BCGs with shipping. And $12.99 for 500-round bricks of CI 22LR shipped. etc.

I think they actually run "the same ad" as their way of playing "who can spot the differences in these 2 images".

I do have to chuckle at their holiday sales though, which are basically the same price for the same items, with one or two true specials snuck in there :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top