JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What Joe said!

I'm doing KETO and excersize, high load, low impact about 20 min per go, twice a day! Lost 40 pounds since Sept, and feeling great not having to lug all that extra me around! Still got a ways to go, went from 255 to start, with a goal of 185 ish! Would be happy at 210, but really trying to get below that, We will see!

I'm on keto plus intermittent fasting.(skip breakfast)

Wife has lost 80lbs
I have lost 40lbs

That was last year, still losing. Also we don't exercise other then farm work. I guess chasing pigs accounts for something.

My mom is on it now as well, down 50lbs... Dad has noticed and is showing interest.

Easiest way to lose weight ever. And we eat lillies chocolate and crap so.... For lazy people or people that don't like feeling hungry this is the diet to put yourself on permanently. :)

We had keto cupcakes a few days ago, super tasty... I still lost a pound over the week.

Last Edited:
It works for me ( Still a works in progress ) as I eat a LOT of Salmon/Steelhead and well Marbled Red Meat once a week!
Chicken on the BBQ till done, and little if any added flavoring! NO TURKEY!

Get the hell off CORN and corn based products, Get off the sugars, and salt, and watch your grain intake, you want the simple ( rustics) in grains only! Watch the fruits, there are good sugars and bad sugars, not all fruit is good for you!
the moonshine i am consuming is corn/barley based. hard pass for me.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):D

Obesity wasn't even really a thing in this country 50 years ago. Yes there were people here and there but not much. Processed foods, excessive sugar in said foods and over indulgence along with little to no exercise has caused many to struggle with their weight these days.

Another thing I do is NEVER eat until "full". I eat small amounts at a time until I'm just not hungry and then that's it. Feeling full or stuffed seems to be desired often by many.

50 years ago they didn't have a "super-size" option, and all the sugary drinks (soda and "energy" drinks) either. I remember when 7-11 came out with the 32-ozs "Big Gulp".... we were all like, "NO WAY.... IT'S HUGE!!" :eek:

Nowadays... "Super-Gulps" and "Double-Gulps" are the standard fare.... :s0170:

My mainstay beverages are water, 1% milk, and un-sweetened iced (black) tea, and black covfefe in the morning.

I eat a balanced diet with plenty of vegetables of all varieties, and pretty much eat what I want. I just generally abstain from over indulging to the point of puking, and I (usually) avoid eating after 9pm because that's when my metabolism slows down with the rise of bedtime melatonin. Keeping a consistent schedule for bedtime and "rise and shine" goes a LONG way toward physical health and fitness as well.

For those who lost significant weight on Keto diet did you count net carbs or total carbs? I am not doing Keto but lower carb. Today, I am already up to 86 total or 80 net carbs (goal is 100 net carbs).

It seems that most of the hardcore Keto proponents are suggesting counting total carbs because the net carbs is faulty. They appear to feel that the body treats all the carbs the same way. I would think that could be problematic if you are only temporarily tracking carbs to see how much you can eat and still loose weight.

Edit: counting total carbs could make the Keto less easy to adhere to since low carb substitutes might be unnecessarily eliminated or restricted from the diet.

Last Edited:
For those who lost significant weight on Keto diet did you count net carbs or total carbs? I am not doing Keto but lower carb. Today, I am already up to 86 total or 80 net carbs (goal is 100 net carbs).

It seems that most of the hardcore Keto proponents are suggesting counting total carbs because the net carbs is faulty. They appear to feel that the body treats all the carbs the same way. I would think that could be problematic if you are only temporarily tracking carbs to see how much you can eat and still loose weight.

Edit: counting total carbs could make the Keto less easy to adhere to since low carb substitutes might be unnecessarily eliminated or restricted from the diet.
In my case, I was Net Carbs--dramatically both slashed my non-fiber carbs and spiked my fiber intake. Both for reducing the fat buildup and for keeping things movin' on through...

I don't count carbs from Broccoli etc and eat till I'm full. I count low carb stuff like bbq sauce etc.

As long as my protein isn't to high and my fats are on par it works for me.

I've dropped over thirty pounds after starting to clean up my act, particularly so starting in mid-2021. I could, and am working on, losing about another five-ten, but after that, would want to stay there. I don't count carbs or really do any hyper vigilant diet. The biggest things I can attribute to the weight loss and muscle gain was:

• I am not doing keto, but a modified paleo. That is mainly meat, fish, fruits and veggies. Unlike those that follow it religiously, I do consume dairy, and small amounts of carbohydrates. A doctor friend of mine (not my doctor, but a friend who is an MD) does paleo and calls his guide "eat it if it grows in the garden or it had parents." I wouldn't have thought I was eating all that main carbs, but a careful review and, yah, beans and rice were in a lot of dishes, and now they are gone. Even as a kid, I never cared for the sweets, so that was non-factor, but I know it can be for a lot of folks.
  • Drop-kicked alcohol out of my life. I will occasionally have red wine with a meal or a cocktail or two when meeting with the fun funky friends, but it isn't even close to a fraction of what I was consuming years ago. The stuff is unhealthy crap, adds worthless calories to the diet, and is not conducive to a healthy weight.
  • Made hitting the gym a non-negotiable, though don't stress about it when there is an actual, legit reason why it can't be done (e.g., an injury, etc.). Same with getting out in nature to walk, hike, etc. When not at the gym, I have a "mini gym" setup at my office, that has a bench, free weights, a speedbag (used to box amateur), leg press, and various smaller items. I had a shower installed in one of the backrooms, so I can hose down after workouts.
  • Found out about an underlying condition I wasn't aware of and adjusted as necessary. It isn't something that causes weight gain, nor is it life threatening, but there are weird / annoying symptoms that I was not aware of.
  • The sleep factor is crucial and I am going to be honest I fail as much, if not more, with this one. I'm a chronic insomniac and have nerve damage that makes it difficult. I also easily fall into the "work hard and then party harder" mode, which was untenable in youth, and damn nearly lethal now. Mo' moderation of both, though, admittedly, it has started to get a bit more gonzo again this year.
  • Added some supplements back to the diet, though I remain unconvinced they are all that helpful. Still, worth a shot.
  • Meditation and trance work have been helpful in calming and focusing the mind. (As a general rule, I don't buy into anything even remotely connected to "woo", but I can't deny some of the techniques are helpful.)
Anyway, just some random thoughts in case they help. :)

Here is what my typical non-diet day macros look like. I took in around 350 grams of total carbs, about 300 net carbs. I am going to try and get my average net carbs down to 50 grams by first week of May.

Screenshot_20220414-231600.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews