Buster Beaver Cerakote
Sporting Systems
J&B Firearm Sales
Defensive Arts
Low Price Guns
Gun Deals
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Paleo vs. Keto

Ura-Ki

Reactions
  • Air Force
  • Fight For Your Right
What Joe said!

I'm doing KETO and excersize, high load, low impact about 20 min per go, twice a day! Lost 40 pounds since Sept, and feeling great not having to lug all that extra me around! Still got a ways to go, went from 255 to start, with a goal of 185 ish! Would be happy at 210, but really trying to get below that, We will see!

WoodsPlinker

Reactions
I'm on keto plus intermittent fasting.(skip breakfast)

Wife has lost 80lbs
I have lost 40lbs

That was last year, still losing. Also we don't exercise other then farm work. I guess chasing pigs accounts for something.

My mom is on it now as well, down 50lbs... Dad has noticed and is showing interest.

Easiest way to lose weight ever. And we eat lillies chocolate and crap so.... For lazy people or people that don't like feeling hungry this is the diet to put yourself on permanently. :)

We had keto cupcakes a few days ago, super tasty... I still lost a pound over the week.

Last edited:

v0lcom13sn0w

Reactions
It works for me ( Still a works in progress ) as I eat a LOT of Salmon/Steelhead and well Marbled Red Meat once a week!
Chicken on the BBQ till done, and little if any added flavoring! NO TURKEY!

Get the hell off CORN and corn based products, Get off the sugars, and salt, and watch your grain intake, you want the simple ( rustics) in grains only! Watch the fruits, there are good sugars and bad sugars, not all fruit is good for you!
the moonshine i am consuming is corn/barley based. hard pass for me.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):D

RicInOR

Reactions
Keto FAQ
(you may get prompted, but no account is needed to view)

Obesity wasn’t even really a thing in this country 50 years ago. Yes there were people here and there but not much. Processed foods, excessive sugar in said foods and over indulgence along with little to no exercise has caused many to struggle with their weight these days.

Another thing I do is NEVER eat until “full”. I eat small amounts at a time until I’m just not hungry and then that’s it. Feeling full or stuffed seems to be desired often by many.

50 years ago they didn’t have a “super-size” option, and all the sugary drinks (soda and “energy” drinks) either. I remember when 7-11 came out with the 32-ozs “Big Gulp”.... we were all like, “NO WAY.... IT’S HUGE!!” :eek:

Nowadays... “Super-Gulps” and “Double-Gulps” are the standard fare.... :s0170:

My mainstay beverages are water, 1% milk, and un-sweetened iced (black) tea, and black covfefe in the morning.

I eat a balanced diet with plenty of vegetables of all varieties, and pretty much eat what I want. I just generally abstain from over indulging to the point of puking, and I (usually) avoid eating after 9pm because that’s when my metabolism slows down with the rise of bedtime melatonin. Keeping a consistent schedule for bedtime and “rise and shine” goes a LONG way toward physical health and fitness as well.

UPCOMING EVENTS

NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    My wife went into to pickup a firearm she bought from a online retailer and shipped to sunset firearms. She had a great experience and had a...
    • NWArborist
  • Independence Indoor Shooting
    5.00 star(s)
    I've bought one firearm and many other random items at IIS. The gun was priced really well, and was the best price I could find the area. My...
    • TDH
  • Stockpile Defense, LLC
    5.00 star(s)
    I've bought a few lowers here, and many other AR parts. They have a really nice selection of guns and parts, not just AR. They are willing to...
    • TDH
  • Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS