JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a lot of searching, I finally round a replacement forend (mine broke) and stock set for my Mossberg 500c 20 gauge. These were much harder to find than I ever could have imagined. The only problem is it is Mossy Oak Breakup Infinity. It's nice, but not really my thing. What's a good way to paint over it without looking like an obvious cheap rattle-can job, but also not spending as much as a new stock? Should I sand off the existing finish first? Worse comes to worse, I'll keep it as-is rather than having it look like crap.

I would talk to the counter guy at Industrial Finishes supply store.
There is one close to you. Those guys know what works the best for plastic coatings.
You pay a little more, but it beats doing it twice.

Industrial Finishes
5627 SW Arctic Drive, Bldg. E
Beaverton, OR 97005
(503) 644-3767
Monday - Friday 8a - 5p

Paint is what it is. It's only so durable. There are some chemical resistant paints out there. VHT makes some. You can get that brand at Auto Zone. Rattle can paint jobs can look really good if you take the time to do it right. I always warm the paint can up in as hot of tap water I can get. Keep shaking it, let it sit, shake it some more, change the water out for hotter water. Takes about 5 to 10 min to get it hot enough but, the added heat helps the paint spray a lot more evenly and it will tack up quicker between coats. If you choose to paint make sure to use some non chlorinated brake cleaner or denatured alcohol to prep prior to paint. Either one of those will remove any oil on the surface without attacking it. Always remove any oil or grease before sanding. Sanding first just grinds the contaminates into the surface. Use coat hangers or wire to hang the stocks up from your garage door track to dry. Rattle can is as cheap as you are going to get. Other than that you might consider putting an ad up to trade for the ones you want.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top