Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Paintball

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CharlesAFerg, May 6, 2010.

1. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Who plays, and who wants to go in the next few weeks? After the Saddle Butte MG shoot, of course. It seems that all the large fields in the Portland area have closed except for Splataction and Warpaint.

2. CharlesAFerg

Really..
    Nobody?

That's unfortunate. You're missing out.

3. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

Wheres the fields in Portland? Do you know if there is any big games going on anytime soon? A buddy and I want to pick up some guns and start playing. We went with our frat to Warpaint in Salem and it was fun.

4. CharlesAFerg

I first went paintballing at warpaint when I was 13, what a great experience. My friend and I were both in the same terrible ambush and were both hit multiple times in the head and neck. He cried like a baby, I had a giant grin on my face. :D

Last time I went there, which was a few months ago, they had half the indoor field closed off, which was no fun at all.

Also, my friend's phone was stolen by one of the employees friends, while the employee did nothing to help us get it back, even though they would answer his phone when he called it. Not only that, but there were people who obviously adjusted their velocity and were firing paint at over 300FPS. Bad experience. If I go again, I will only go for a larger game and only if the entire field is open, THEN it's a great field.

Portland Paintball recently closed, although it was a rather rudimentary field with only inflatable barriers. It was a relatively basic, indoor speedball field, and the staff was great. I never saw many people there, though.

Hit-n-Run in Tigard shut down years ago, that's where I used to go when I was younger, before I was able to buy my own gear, years later.

There was another field, but it shut down recently as well.

Local shops were hit even harder. It seems like every single shop near Portland has closed, with the exception of one or two, and both of them have told me that it's rough, as online sales have really hurt their income.

5. ajf1

ajf1 beaverton Member

Years ago mollia had an outdoor one. I had played it a few times, but im not sure if it is still around

6. CharlesAFerg

...? :confused:

If you mean Molalla, yes, that's most likely Splataction Paintball Park.
    Google maps, dude.

I try to keep things I know about updated on there, so the ones that are closed should be marked as closed, at least in the comments.

7. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

Yeah we went to the indoor warpaint field but they had some douche that was making the other team cry and we wanted time where it was just our guys to play against each other. We ended up going to their outdoor field (Warpaint). It was pretty fun, some of the fields were hard to get some playing time since other groups kept hogging them. Then we had a group of teens following us around trying to let them play all of us. When they started to curse a lil bit we put them in their place and to kick rocks. They finally got the message.

I want to play a big game, I did one years ago out in Scappoose that was fun. It was somewhere around 50 on 50 and was a blast. I've looked at guns and its a lil hard to know whats good. Alot of them are pretty cheap nowadays whereas when I used to play they used to cost a lot more.