JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last weekend I was out shooting with a friend and noticed a lot of the brass ejecting from my AK-47 was taking a pretty good hit on the way out leaving a dent in the case. I have had it about 20 years and it's had a few thousand rounds through it. I don't recall it happening before. It was one of the rare times I used brass casing with box primmers. I have a couple of thoughts on why it happened but as they say two heads are better than one unless both are attached to the cockroach in the White House. Gas tube? Spring? Ammo? Maybe someone has a way to narrow it down. Please feel free to put your two cents in.

I have a .223 Golani Ak and it puts a huge dent in the brass casses also. Its not as bad with stell though. So im also interrested to see if there is a fix for this.

This can be remedied OR avoided if perhaps you owned a pump action AK?
Which by the way I have for sale.. :)

Jokes aside,
Try a buffer, or perhaps trimming some of the dust cover off or lastly taping the area the case hits upon ejection, PSL owners do it as well.. Never tried taping the dust cover.. But Ive heard its been done before.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top