JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Commented on the Governors' crummy facebook post and sent him an email through the link above to remind him that our state's constitution goes one step further than even the 2nd amendment in that our state constitution not only guarantees the right to bear arms, but does so by stating we have that right for personal defense.

I'm sure the liberal anti-gun crowd that is printing those cards and sending them in get to check off their "I did a good thing" box for the day when they mailed them. To bad most of them can hardly be bothered to do much more than that.

I wish the people in this state would wake up and start realizing they are electing people in to office that are more than willing to strip them of their gun rights.

I kinda want to send in a card that says "NOT ONE more law will prevent violence!" Then have stats on knives, blunt objects, and drunk driving. If they really want to "have a discussion" about violence in schools then honestly we need to talk about bubblegumty parenting. Movies, TV, and video games meant for adults have desensitized kids to the reality of violence. Even I shake my head when I am buying the new Call of Duty and there is a ten year old infront of me with his mom buying the same game. Patents need to be blamed.

I kinda want to send in a card that says "NOT ONE more law will prevent violence!" Then have stats on knives, blunt objects, and drunk driving. If they really want to "have a discussion" about violence in schools then honestly we need to talk about bubblegumty parenting. Movies, TV, and video games meant for adults have desensitized kids to the reality of violence. Even I shake my head when I am buying the new Call of Duty and there is a ten year old infront of me with his mom buying the same game. Patents need to be blamed.

Not a bad idea. If every member of NWFA sent in that very postcard, we'd double the responses to the anti-gun crowds' lame attempt. I wonder, would Gov. K post on his Facebook page if he received 30,000+ messaged from us pro-gunners :rolleyes:

I would be willing to put money and effort towards a NWFA post card. I can mock up the cards in the computer. Anyone will to spearhead the effort?

Richard

I would be willing to put money and effort towards a NWFA post card. I can mock up the cards in the computer. Anyone will to spearhead the effort?

Richard

Shouldn't be too difficult to do. If you came up with a PDF that anyone could easily print on card stock at home, then all you have to do is get that PDF file out to everyone on this site, and maybe circulate around to some others too. Joe Link would probably be the best to distribute that on NWFA, just because his post may be read a bit more that some of us lesser known members. Get the file together and ask as many as possible to mail them out within a certain time period. Should only cost everyone a few moments of their time and one stamp.

Unless you're planning to print a bunch of them for folks, any individual could just get 8 1/2" x 11" card stock, you can get small packs for easily under $10 at places like Office Depot, etc. No need to pay a premium for a pre-cut piece of paper. Just print on the larger sheet and cut the postcard out. Heck, I'd donate a pack of the card stock to the cause, just a matter of getting it distributed to those who need it, and I've got no idea how you would do that.

This is Bloomberg Corp. I bet all he did was hire some cronies to pull basic information from public records and slapped their name on the cards regardless of their stand on gun control. The governor is always preaching government transparency, he should post the names as public record so we can examine them and see how many dead people used the post office.

Last Edited:
Better yet, we could do postcards with little blurbs about people who have used a gun in self defense.
http://gunssavelives.net/tag/or/
All Oregon stories. We could put a quick little blurb about that, like
On March 13, 2014 in Junction City, Oregon, Lisa Atkins used a firearm to defend herself from an intruder and held him at gunpoint for the entire 23 minutes it took for police to respond.

Firearms are not the problem. Poor parenting and mental health are issues that plague our youth. I encourage you to offer support to legal gun owners and the right of all people to defend themselves from harm.

The comments on Facebook are priceless. I hope Governor Katslobber reads them, but likely will just ignore the "extremists" who don't want to lose their rights or liberty.

The comments on Facebook are priceless. I hope Governor Katslobber reads them, but likely will just ignore the "extremists" who don't want to lose their rights or liberty.

Most likely he neither reads nor posts anything on his Facebook page. Rather it's some low or no-paid intern that manages his social media 'presence'. He probably doesn't have either the time or interest to actually read these posts, and if he did, I seriously doubt he would care a lick about what our side has to say. Still fun to leave the comments though - even if it's just to piss off the anti-gunners that are reading them :p

So when did we start up come local or regional action to ban cars because of all the humans they kill with the drunk behind the wheel? I haven't seen any... Take your " ban guns - gun control initiatives - and other anti gun legislation" and park it right next to your drunk driver, initiatives. Then we can talk. Until then SHUT UP SALEM / PRESIDENT / BLOOMBERG / ANTI GUNNERS

So when did we start up come local or regional action to ban cars because of all the humans they kill with the drunk behind the wheel? I haven't seen any... Take your " ban guns - gun control initiatives - and other anti gun legislation" and park it right next to your drunk driver, initiatives. Then we can talk. Until then SHUT UP SALEM / PRESIDENT / BLOOMBERG / ANTI GUNNERS

Their hypocrisy is so evident in the fact that they seek to ban guns in the name "saving lives", yet the CDC's own numbers show the threat of death is far higher from many other sources. Nope, they are simply anti-gun, and all for control purposes. Since they clearly aren't capable of common sense, I've come not to expect it from them. Anyone that votes to put these guys in office yet claims to support the 2nd amendment really makes me wonder what they really value more, perhaps individual rights aren't one of them :confused:

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I see where Bloomies money is getting used. The Columbian has printed at least two "letters" from what appear to be the "moms" in the last couple weeks. Real close to the same wording saying we need to "register guns".

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Here is one of the few posts I've made in the Oregon that wasn't deleted by a moderator. It was in response to some piece of garbage they published that was written by the Slate. It felt great because I used their own bullhockey against them ("Common sense" & "the children"). It drove a few of them nut, mostly because they were unprepared to argue against the emotional aspect. Lesson learned and I will leverage it again in the future :

<broken link removed> 7 days ago
The NRA and it's policies are the collective will of it's Lifetime members. The NRA is people (just like me), and not some George Soros like organization that is only accountable to the might and opinion of just one person's agenda to control others.

Jack Schaefer the author of Shane was able to understand the issue:"A gun is a tool, no better no worse than any other tool, an axe, shovel or anything. A gun is only as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."

As a tool, a firearm requires a person to use it for good or bad. Any avoidable death is tragic, and if tragedy is the driver for this discussion it seems to make common sense to prioritize the causes of death and injury to children (it's always about the children to make sure the argument is emotional and to make sure the people playing that card have righteous outrage - FAIL). Let's take a look, shall we?

Rank Cause of Death Total Deaths No of Deaths Percent
All Deaths 3018 3018 100.00%1 Unintentional Injury 1176 38.97%
* Motor Vehicle Traffic 621 20.58%
* Drowning 159 5.27%
* Fire/burn 153 5.07%
* Suffocation 40 1.33%
* Other Land Transport 33 1.09%
* Pedestrian, Other 27 0.89%
* Struck by or Against 20 0.66%
* Unspecified 20 0.66%
* Fall 18 0.60%
* Other Spec., classifiable 17 0.56%
* Poisoning 15 0.50%
* Firearm 14 0.46%

Doesn't is make common sense to see what can be done about the 12 causes of death in children? Also following common sense, these aren't statistics that have to raise the age of a "child" to 26 to cherry pick the results you want. This is children from 5-9 years old, the ones I'd be most concerned about. Old enough to get into things, young enough to lack judgement.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed> What logic. So just because it is only 0.46% of deaths, it is not important.

Pretty simple to keep guns away from kids and yet that should not be a focus of concern because guns don't kill that many kids.

Your perspective is pretty skewed.

<broken link removed>
3M-TA3 7 days ago
<broken link removed> All deaths are important. It just makes more common sense to prioritize and address the causes that kill more children than the others. If that's a skewed perspective then I plead guilty.

<broken link removed> <broken link removed> 50.jpg
3M-TA3 7 days ago
<broken link removed> Absolutely, let's ignore the 99.5% of deaths that don't involve guns in order to push the agenda. After all there is nothing that can be done about them.No one can argue that keeping guns secured from children is a good thing. I certainly won't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one of the few posts I've made in the Oregon that wasn't deleted by a moderator. It was in response to some piece of garbage they published that was written by the Slate. It felt great because I used their own bullhockey against them ("Common sense" & "the children"). It drove a few of them nut, mostly because they were unprepared to argue against the emotional aspect. Lesson learned and I will leverage it again in the future :

<broken link removed> 7 days ago
The NRA and it's policies are the collective will of it's Lifetime members. The NRA is people (just like me), and not some George Soros like organization that is only accountable to the might and opinion of just one person's agenda to control others.

Jack Schaefer the author of Shane was able to understand the issue:"A gun is a tool, no better no worse than any other tool, an axe, shovel or anything. A gun is only as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."

As a tool, a firearm requires a person to use it for good or bad. Any avoidable death is tragic, and if tragedy is the driver for this discussion it seems to make common sense to prioritize the causes of death and injury to children (it's always about the children to make sure the argument is emotional and to make sure the people playing that card have righteous outrage - FAIL). Let's take a look, shall we?

Rank Cause of Death Total Deaths No of Deaths Percent
All Deaths 3018 3018 100.00%1 Unintentional Injury 1176 38.97%
* Motor Vehicle Traffic 621 20.58%
* Drowning 159 5.27%
* Fire/burn 153 5.07%
* Suffocation 40 1.33%
* Other Land Transport 33 1.09%
* Pedestrian, Other 27 0.89%
* Struck by or Against 20 0.66%
* Unspecified 20 0.66%
* Fall 18 0.60%
* Other Spec., classifiable 17 0.56%
* Poisoning 15 0.50%
* Firearm 14 0.46%

Doesn't is make common sense to see what can be done about the 12 causes of death in children? Also following common sense, these aren't statistics that have to raise the age of a "child" to 26 to cherry pick the results you want. This is children from 5-9 years old, the ones I'd be most concerned about. Old enough to get into things, young enough to lack judgement.

View attachment 92165<broken link removed>View attachment 92167View attachment 92168
<broken link removed> What logic. So just because it is only 0.46% of deaths, it is not important.

Pretty simple to keep guns away from kids and yet that should not be a focus of concern because guns don't kill that many kids.

Your perspective is pretty skewed.

<broken link removed>View attachment 92170
3M-TA3 7 days ago
<broken link removed> All deaths are important. It just makes more common sense to prioritize and address the causes that kill more children than the others. If that's a skewed perspective then I plead guilty.

View attachment 92171View attachment 92172
<broken link removed> <broken link removed>View attachment 92174
3M-TA3 7 days ago
<broken link removed> Absolutely, let's ignore the 99.5% of deaths that don't involve guns in order to push the agenda. After all there is nothing that can be done about them.No one can argue that keeping guns secured from children is a good thing. I certainly won't.

I agree, well said. I've used some very similar arguments in comments myself. I love turning the tables on the other side. First, present indisputable facts, such as the CDC's own numbers on causes of death. Point out that more effort is being made to limit access to guns for the purpose of 'saving lives', then simply point out that deaths by guns are far from the 'crisis' they claim them to be. Next, suggest that they should, if they really care about saving lives, consider putting more focus on those causes of death that take more lives. After that, all they have to go on is the personal assault on your character. They have nothing substantive to offer in the way of facts (except when those 'facts' are falsely created by folks like Bloomberg). Eventually, they give up knowing they've been shown to be hypocrites and have nothing but insults left in their bag of liberal attacks.

Time after time I've attempted to engage folks on this issue both online and in person. It ends the same way pretty much every time - either they end with an insult or they walk away saying they don't want to talk about it any more. It's funny, even if I'm the one in a conversation that doesn't have all my ducks in a row, I still want to engage just so I can learn more about my opponent. They want to get in with a sound bite, feel like they beat their opponent with the sound bite, then get out and look for the next one. True debate seems to elude them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top