JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meaning ... you won the argument and they're a sore loser.

I've found in the online arena that as soon as you make the point they can't respond to that they will delete their post since they don't have the integrity to let their words stand as is. You will see this in my exchange above where it looks like I'm replying to myself.

I really don't care about converting people who have made up their minds. They have no chance of changing mine, either. I'm trying to open the eyes of the man in the middle who is undecided. This person, IMO, needs both the facts and the emotional argument to make up his or her mind.

I've found in the online arena that as soon as you make the point they can't respond to that they will delete their post since they don't have the integrity to let their words stand as is. You will see this in my exchange above where it looks like I'm replying to myself.

I really don't care about converting people who have made up their minds. They have no chance of changing mine, either. I'm trying to open the eyes of the man in the middle who is undecided. This person, IMO, needs both the facts and the emotional argument to make up his or her mind.

That's true, you'll rarely convert someone in a discussion. But you're right, others are watching and listening, and while even they may not be converted either, it may help enlighten them a bit - they may even see that we're not a bunch of buck-toothed backwater hicks without a shred of intelligence. You should always be aware of who's watching and listening - even here you have lurkers that sit in the background reading these posts. It's always good to remember you have a chance to make an impression (for good or for bad).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top