Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Packwood swap meet comng up!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rdb241, May 18, 2009.

1. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Memorial day weekend. The entire city of Packwood turns into a swap meet. I have seen LOTS of guns up there and No paperwork. I have seen everything from revolvers to a Stag Arms AR-15. Even a Cetme. I bought a Yugo SKS last year. Reloading stuff, taxidermy stuff, hunting stuff. Loads of tools, antiques,and your usual collector BS. Prices may vary. I start at one end of town and go down one side of the street and then come back in the other side. Last year it took about 8 hours to see it all. Get there early on Saturday!

2. slythorne

slythorne Western Washington Member

I haven't seen many up there :huh:.... but I will be up there anyways for the weekend. If you can, Friday is a better day to get there as that is when most sellers are first setting up, and then if you can, come back the next day too! :thumbup:

3. rdb241

Thanx for the info...I have had good luck getting up there early on Saturday! Last year on the same weekend there was guite a few firearms of all sorts. Plus related stuff. I don't get off of work until 1:30pm and leaving from Puyallup there would not be enough time to see everything. If you are up there on Friday...save me some good stuff :thumbup:

4. slythorne

I'm still a poor newb when it comes to firearms. I will be arriving Thursday to set up with pretty empty pockets :laugh: "Loads of tools, antiques,and your usual collector BS" is mine and my parents specialty, mostly the BS :D

5. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

Sounds great! I'll see if I can make it up there for a look-see. :)

6. needs2hunt

needs2hunt Tacoma Wa. Member

I'll be shopping all day Saturday... looking for any ammo that i might come upon for a good price...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: plus looking for a 8 to 10 hp outboard... and whatever the wife might want...:bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh:

7. ZombieAssassin

ZombieAssassin Oregon Member

8. slythorne

Just FYI, while the numbers of vendors he mentions is correct, the pics are just of his lot only. There are vendors stretched out along at least a mile of highway thru Packwood, and at least 5 good sized lots full of vendors. His lot is one of the larger ones and on the east end of the event.

9. rdb241

It's here again this weekend! Yahoo.......I can't wait to see what I may find up there.....