JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PA Man SWATs Neighbor, Goes To Jail. It’s About Effing Time.
By Chris Dumm on December 2, 2013

SWATing is a deadly, dangerous prank. Michael Adams, shown here, is charged with reckless endangerment and several other crimes for allegedly SWATing his neighbor in September. The indictment charges that Adams called 911 anonymously on September 16th, 2013 to report a hostage situation at his neighbor’s home. Adams described a man with IED’s strapped to his chest and pointing an AR-15 at him. He was arrested and charged after detectives traced the calls back to him. He’s since been released on $50,000 bail . . .

Upon receiving the call, the police predictably showed up en masse at the unlucky neighbor’s house and cleared it. The neighbor turned out to be lucky after all, because the house was empty at the time. He was on vacation so no one was shot by the SWAT team.

Detectives traced the call to Adams, who claimed that he was the victim of phone hacking. He gave them permission to examine his computer and PS3 game console and they used the evidence obtained to get a search warrant for everything else.

It’s nice to see a SWAT’er arrested and charged, but (alleged) punks like Adams are only half of the SWATing problem. The rest, which I consider an even more serious risk to public safety, is the predictable and overly-aggressive response by heavily militarized police agencies. Not every panicked 911 call should lead to a SWAT team with flashbang grenades and MP-5Ks.

Mall-ninja police and no-knock raids were unfortunate police responses to the crime wave of the late 1980s to mid-1990s. Our society is vastly less dangerous now, but our police are vastly more so.

SWATing is more than just a prank, it is becoming a common way to use the police to get back at your enemies.

Rather high profile case involves Aaron Walker, blogger/lawyer who is in an ongoing legal battle with a convicted terrorist turned political activist.

Aaron Walker SWATted

A bit more on Mr. Kimberlin if you feel like some light reading...Clicky

According to Aaron Walker during an interview with Lars Larson, Kimberlin told a judge that he has "Google alerts" setup to notify him any time someone writes about him on the Internet (like, I guess this post will generate, eh? Should I be worried about being SWATted now?) - and thus was his argument to get the judge to grant an injunction preventing Aaron Walker from even writing about Kimberlin, because hte Google Notifications amounted to contact and there was a standing no-contact order. The initial judge, I can only guess who is half retarded or sympathetic to convicted felons, ruled in favor of Kimberlin instead of telling him "so stop the Google alerts". Walker won an appeal to that order, and wasn't long until the cops in his home town got a call claiming he'd shot his wife.

As far as I'm concerned, SWATting should be charged as "Conspiracy to Commit Murder" and "Attempted Murder" if not outright Terrorism. Send the SWATting bastards to Gitmo! And as for the terrorist POS Brett Kimberlin, I hope he chokes on his own wang someday...

There, Butt-Munch Brett, I've called you out and the local SWAT team are largely friends of mine so they know me better than to fall for your tricks, AND are wise to 'em. Whatcha gonna do about it, you little punk b****?

Activist idea... everybody sneak some snark about "the SWATting TERRORIST Brett Kimberlin" into everything you post online. Maybe we can overwhelm the system and show that this TERRORIST BASTARD is up to his same old dirty tricks just in a new environment...

Some Canadian kid recently had a family SWATed in Northern Washington. Him and some kid got arguing on minecraft, and, of course, this was the result. My little brother "knew" both of them through the game. Needless to say, he was told to steer clear of the dumbass after that.

The cops knew who did it and the kid basically got a stern talking to. He was never off the internet for a moment. Asinine.

EDIT:

http://www.geekosystem.com/law-enforcement-called-on-admin/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews