JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"rvtech" i'll give ya that one--nope !! don't think so,but then again ......someone here is not paying attention.......and he has a loaded firearm !! i would not be supprised if we hear about an anonymous call witch came into a dispatcher about a guy walking down main st. w/firearm (ie; i'm not sure if i saw him waving it or not , he's a little to far away !!)

like i said ..... this is only my opinion,and it looks to me like "bigtime" setup !!!!!!!!!..
steven

Bullbubblegum.

you can chew all the bubblegum you want but its the truth. Getting into a confrontation with a cop about your rights at that point is only making it worse for you later on in court. Kill them with kindness, its your only chance at winning a case down the road. If you want to convince a judge that you are the victim then you better act like one from the beginning. I can't believe how hard headed people can be about this. No one likes to submit to an unruly cop, especially myself, but you have to use SOME common sense here otherwise they can make you out to be the unruly person. It's unfortunate that our gov gives cops the amount of control over us that they do but resisting will only cause you problems. Court is your only hope so think ahead. By the way, for the most part the courts don't care if a cop is verbally harassing you so don't waste your time on that

I can't believe the stuff some of you are saying. These "police" are nothing less than foul mouthed thuggish bullies, and it's so clearly obvious that they are. Why would anyone defend those piles of human corruption? If their department heads are aware of the foul language they use, and don't correct that, they too need to be fired.

I can't believe the stuff some of you are saying. These "police" are nothing less than foul mouthed thuggish bullies, and it's so clearly obvious that they are. Why would anyone defend those piles of human corruption? If their department heads are aware of the foul language they use, and don't correct that, they too need to be fired.

Amen brother!:s0155:

You have to understand cops are trained to 'freak out' at the sight of a gun so don't be surprised when they do so

So, do they freak out if they see a gun on another cop? No? Why not? Because the cop is allowed to carry you say? So, as soon as a cop finds out a man is legally allowed to carry a gun he should treat him with the same calm respect he shows other officers.

To the Moron that posted this: I don't care how polite he was being, he was acting like an a**. A permit to carry does not give you a right to argue with cops or refuse to comply with their instructions. They still have authority over you. If they are not aware of the exact law they will sort it out after they figure out if you're legal or not. Why don't people get this? And since when does a CCW allow you to open carry?

"You my friend are the idiot that thinks guns kill people...not morons w/guns killing people...MORON!" Don't talk about gun laws if you know nothing about them...MOST STATES ALLOW OPEN CARRY IDIOT.

you can chew all the bubblegum you want but its the truth. Getting into a confrontation with a cop about your rights at that point is only making it worse for you later on in court. Kill them with kindness, its your only chance at winning a case down the road. If you want to convince a judge that you are the victim then you better act like one from the beginning. I can't believe how hard headed people can be about this. No one likes to submit to an unruly cop, especially myself, but you have to use SOME common sense here otherwise they can make you out to be the unruly person. It's unfortunate that our gov gives cops the amount of control over us that they do but resisting will only cause you problems. Court is your only hope so think ahead. By the way, for the most part the courts don't care if a cop is verbally harassing you so don't waste your time on that

Wake up.

Oh I am awake. You aren't listening. I am simply saying that you should not try to resolve a dispute with an officer at the time of the incident, especially while ignoring his commands but rather be on your best behavior because the person with all the say (THE JUDGE) will respect that and you will have a better shot. Ignoring a cops commands and acting like a stubborn child will only get you into a worse position. You can not talk a cop into letting you walk free with your gun holstered just because you know the law and he doesn't. IT HAS TO BE FIGURED OUT LATER IN COURT. If the dude never would have disobeyed from the beginning the one cop would not have had to get so ugly with him rather it is justifiable or not. Trust me, I'm no police advocate but I feel like this one was common sense. The guy didn't obey the orders given thus he escalated the situation. bad OC'er...Bad.

There a number of ways to de-escalate the situation. You must first remain calm, and I know it sounds weird, but think calm thoughts and do not let the problems of another person become your problem. This is a skill few get taught, and surprisingly, a lot of cops get taught this, despite it being just another #$%^ class they have to take. Body language and motions all can all strongly deny what you say, so it's not an easy thing to do, either.
Acting in a calming, nonagressive, and nonthreatening manner usually helps the aggressor see that you're not a threat. There may have to be some subtle, or possibly less so, submission on your part, but the goal is to give the person an opportunity to come to their senses on their own, and in the case of the cop especially, _feel_ like they're in control of the situation.

Did a quick search on the web and this popped up fairly soon as being what I'm talking about:
<broken link removed>

There are a million way both parties could have de-escalated the situation. The cop, who is supposed to be a "better person" SHOULD have been that person. The OC'er should understand that you make more friends with honey than vinegar and took that chip off of his shoulder. There was no need for the attitude from either of them, and I hate to say this, but I'm convinced the OC'er should have been the better person since he "invited it" and needed to maintain the upper hand from a logic and attitude perspective.

Last Edited:
There a number of ways to de-escalate the situation. You must first remain calm, and I know it sounds weird, but think calm thoughts and do not let the problems of another person become your problem. This is a skill few get taught, and surprisingly, a lot of cops get taught this, despite it being just another #$%^ class they have to take. Body language and motions all can all strongly deny what you say, so it's not an easy thing to do, either.
Acting in a calming, nonagressive, and nonthreatening manner usually helps the aggressor see that you're not a threat. There may have to be some subtle, or possibly less so, submission on your part, but the goal is to give the person an opportunity to come to their senses on their own, and in the case of the cop especially, _feel_ like they're in control of the situation.

Did a quick search on the web and this popped up fairly soon as being what I'm talking about:
<broken link removed>

There are a million way both parties could have de-escalated the situation. The cop, who is supposed to be a "better person" SHOULD have been that person. The OC'er should understand that you make more friends with honey than vinegar and took that chip off of his shoulder. There was no need for the attitude from either of them, and I hate to say this, but I'm convinced the OC'er should have been the better person since he "invited it" and needed to maintain the upper hand from a logic and attitude perspective.

So the open carrier "invited" this police officer to abuse his rights? I don't care what side of the open carry debate your on, I would think we all would expect more respect from any person let alone a police officer. After all he was just exercising ONE of his rights...

So the open carrier "invited" this police officer to abuse his rights? I don't care what side of the open carry debate your on, I would think we all would expect more respect from any person let alone a police officer. After all he was just exercising ONE of his rights...

I agree with you completely, which is why the word "invited" was in quotes. Those that tend to stick their neck out (rightly so or not, with rights to do so or not) tend to get their heads chopped off. I'm not saying that he did anything wrong; far from it, but when you challenge authority, again right or wrong, things like this will happen.
I work in a large liberal city, and am well within my rights to plaster my car with all sorts of right wing political opinions. I would be also be stupid to think it wouldn't be an invitation for the more "tolerant" of the local residents to drag a key along my car. Therefore, I don't do it, because in the end I'm the one who has to deal with it, right or wrong. I also have other reasons for not having stickers on my car, but that's just one of them. I have enough stuff to worry about in my life, and inviting trouble, for whom nobody but I pay for, it isn't one of them.

And no, a timid woman wearing hot pants in a bad part of town is not "inviting" rape, she's just being stupid. You can't hold her stupidity against her, but in the end she still gets the worst of it, regardless of what happens to her attacker.

To the Moron that posted this: I don't care how polite he was being, he was acting like an a**. A permit to carry does not give you a right to argue with cops or refuse to comply with their instructions. They still have authority over you. If they are not aware of the exact law they will sort it out after they figure out if you're legal or not. Why don't people get this? And since when does a CCW allow you to open carry?

"You my friend are the idiot that thinks guns kill people...not morons w/guns killing people...MORON!" Don't talk about gun laws if you know nothing about them...MOST STATES ALLOW OPEN CARRY IDIOT.

Wow, you really like to make assumptions. And throw insults around. I DO NOT think guns kill people. I KNOW MOST STATES ALLOW OPEN CARRY AS WELL. But there are states that also say that once you have your CCW you can no longer open carry. You really have an attitude problem as well as lack of reading comprehension. Is it really that difficult to be civil when stating a difference of opinion? Thanks for the nasty PM too...

for thoses who say good cop bad oc'r
read the fourth amendment and remember all who died to protect it and YOU

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
This was used as a motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759);

That is exactly why I don't OC. However, it seemed like the man did a great job of being polite and respectful (although I didn't listen to all 15 minutes of the video) and clearly articulated the laws as well as his rights.

But like many have said, complying with officers will never (hopefully) lead to flying lead. It's hard to agree with the creed of the PD that is shown on the video, those specific officers were brutish and of poor character.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads