JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The P3AT is a good pocket gun if you understand that Kel-Tec in general makes a low cost gun with a short service life. It's not a gun you are going to be able to put thousands of rounds through and expect it to hold up to that. New ones go for $269 ish I think.

If possible, ask how it has functioned. These seem to either run fine, or need a trip back to the factory (after which, they may run fine).

I have one. Mine has functioned fine since I bought it. It's great for carrying around - but I don't like shooting it, have my doubts about .380's effectiveness, and I probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn out past seven yards (your mileage may vary).

the KT site has a 'fluff and buff' section on how to smoothe up their pistols,and plenty of help available there from other users.
my feeling is ,save some more money and get a Ruger if you can.

I have a p11 and I did the fluff and buff and did a full breakdown and lube. it hasn't given me any problems after the first 50 rounds or so. It has well over a thousand rounds with little decernable wear. I use light lube when I carry and when I shoot my JHP ammo but when I run it at the range I add white lithium grease to the rails (as with all my aluminum framed guns) and this keeps the wear to a minimum. These are well worth the money and I trust mine

Oh Yeah well my dad can beat up your dad:s0084:

is this some kind of pissin' match? this was a question about the keltec.

What is your opinion of the keltec and from where do you get you knowledge?

Who cares about Brand A or Brand B. Bottom line is that the Ruger LCP is damned near the same pistol and generally doesn't need a "fluff and buff" to work. It's something to consider, along with price, support, and user experience.

I have shot my friends KT P3AT a few times thinking I would get one myself. I bought the Taurus 738 TCP instead. It has a slightly better grip feel than the KT, but I would have bought the KT if I could have gotten it at the price of my TCP.

Trust me when I say that neither the KT or the TCP are pleasant to shoot. I put a couple mags worth downrange each time I go to the range to make sure it is reliable (and it is), but this gun will never be shot more than that each range session, as I have more fun and comfortable firearms to shoot.

For a pocket carry gun, the TCP (or KT or LCP for the matter) works great, very light and easily concealed. A .380 in the pocket is better than a .45 at home.

I also owned a KT PF-9, and shot 200+ problem free rounds.

I have not shot an LCP, so I have no knowledge of how it handles.

By the way, just like the KT and LCP, the TCP is made in the USA.

Just my actual information from shooting and/or owning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!