JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a great dilemma to have. It's always fun to decide on a new gun.

Because I've owned and like both platforms, I'll chime-in regarding comparing the two:

There currently two sizes of the 9mm M&P 2.0 "compact" model. One with a 4" barrel (product number 11683) and one with a 3.6" barrel (product number 11688). These are not to be confused with the M&P "sub compact" also with the 3.6 " barrel, product number 12481 (which is more like a Glock 26).

The one with the 3.6" barrel is more unusual to see around than the 4" compact. But the 3.6" compact is a brilliant pistol - shorter barrel but maintaining a standard 15 round magazine capacity. And it looks cool too. Sort of like a Glock 19 with slide/barrel length of a Glock 43X.

To that end, if you're comparing the 3.6" M&P compact to the P365 XL, they are both so close in size, weight and capacity that you couldn't go wrong with either. Now, if you're comparing the Sig with the M&P 4" barrel compact, there is a significant different in size and thus, conceivability, with the M&P being significantly bigger.

From my experience both platforms are reliable, will shoot pretty much what ever you put into them and are easy to maintain. But that's to be expected from top-tier manufacturers.

So, it boils down to what feels best to you.

And if you buy one and don't like it, you'll have no trouble selling it here. Both are excellent defensive handguns and will easily and quickly sell.

Then you can get the other one.

Or, better yet, buy them both, decide which one you want to keep, then sell the other one before your credit card bill comes due and you'll have the cash to put on the card bill.:p

Or better than that, keep them both.:D

Just kidding. Or, maybe not.

Good luck.

Because I've owned and like both platforms, I'll chime-in regarding comparing the two:

There currently two sizes of the 9mm M&P 2.0 "compact" model. One with a 4" barrel (product number 11683) and one with a 3.6" barrel (product number 11688). These are not to be confused with the M&P "sub compact" also with the 3.6 " barrel, product number 12481 (which is more like a Glock 26).

The one with the 3.6" barrel is more unusual to see around than the 4" compact. But the 3.6" compact is a brilliant pistol - shorter barrel but maintaining a standard 15 round magazine capacity. And it looks cool too. Sort of like a Glock 19 with slide/barrel length of a Glock 43X.

To that end, if you're comparing the 3.6" M&P compact to the P365 XL, they are both so close in size, weight and capacity that you couldn't go wrong with either. Now, if you're comparing the Sig with the M&P 4" barrel compact, there is a significant different in size and thus, conceivability, with the M&P being significantly bigger.

From my experience both platforms are reliable, will shoot pretty much what ever you put into them and are easy to maintain. But that's to be expected from top-tier manufacturers.

And if you buy one and don't like it, you'll have no trouble selling it here. Both are excellent defensive handguns and will easily and quickly sell.

Or, better yet, buy them both, decide which one you want to keep, then sell the other one before your credit card bill comes due and you'll have the cash to put on the card bill.:p

Good luck.

Good luck.

thanks for the detailed response. I should've clarified that it was the 4" I was looking at and not the 3.6

I would buy them both if I could find them! Lol.
Since it's going to be edc I'll prob try to find a 365XL to try out

I have the 40 M&P or two of them, 4" and 3.6". I have a 357 Sig conversion barrel for the 3.6". Same size as the 9 but less capacity, 11 or 13 depending on mags. My primary EDC, So I am partial to the M&P

My wife has a Hellcat, we never held any Sig, she's the 9 person. She carries it crossdraw. Very fast to present and easy to conceal that size gun OWB.

I've been carrying a 9mm M&P 2.0 with the 3.6" barrel for several years now. It hides and carries beautifully, shoots accurately and has negligible recoil even for a nine.
IIRC it came with three or maybe four backstraps which really tailor the gun to hand.
It also came with two fifteen round mags and will take a full sized seventeen rounder as well.

I'm sorry I can't speak about the Sig, but it's a Sig so it should be a pretty good pistol as well.

Enjoy the quest. :)

Now, if you're comparing the Sig with the M&P 4" barrel compact, there is a significant different in size and thus, conceivability, with the M&P being significantly bigger.
There is only a .4" difference in length, about 3/8" and with some holster companies they are the same. The frame is the same so I went with the 4" due to the balance (for me). Couple of other thoughts, there is no "trigger" safety on the 365 and a manual safety is an option. The M&P has the typical hinged trigger also with an option safety. I won't drift this thread but carry guns with no type of safety and trigger pulls only slightly more stout than a 1911 are not for me. The M&P also has four interchangeable grip backstraps. I can tell you that my M&P eats any ammo, including spent cases (malfunction drills).

I'm sure you will be happy with either choice.

I have two Sig P365's (one was to be for my daughter, but she bought one before I could give it to her) and like them.
My son has the P365XL model, which is closer to the Glock 19 in size. Also a very nice pistol.

I would go with the Sig P365XL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads