JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cameron, what did you pay for that grip module? Everything on their page is out of stock and they don't post prices on unavailable inventory. I'm assuming its and aluminum module?
I payed $270 but then shipping was $15, I think it was on sale when I got it. They are spendy but after shooting my friends' that had one, I decided it was 100% worth it. Feels much better in hand and the thumb ledge is awesome while shooting

Screenshot_20230418_210530_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I'm probably going to get a lot of heat for this comment also but I just installed safety's on two of my compacts and then decided to do the same on the new XL that I just built. Something about appendix carry with a loaded chamber has always concerned me.
You shouldn't. It's your very reasonable choice (and one that many of us out here agree with). All of my appendix carry guns outside of revolvers have manual safeties. Same with my bride (Sigs). Can't help you with the OP topic but this is one of the reasons why I have completely migrated to over-the-top slide release and not using stops.

As others have said, it will break in with time. When I first got my P365, I thought I was a total wimp for not being able to drop the slide with just a thumb. I thought there was something wrong with the gun, but it worked fine with a full mag. But with the mag out, it was nearly impossible to get the slide to drop using just thumb pressure. A coupla thousand rounds later and it works just fine with the mag full, mag empty, or no mag in it at all. Give it time... and a lot more rounds...
Exactly what I thought, with the magazines squeezing that last round it on a fresh new mag lol. My poor thumbs lol

That's too bad. Glock makes an OEM extended slide release that works like a charm. It comes standard on guns like the 34 and 35 and a few others. I've got 'em on our 17, 19, a 23 and my wife's 43X. About $12 and a couple minutes to install.

Unless you've caught a round or otherwise injured your weak hand/arm.
Kagwerks makes a slide release/slide stop that is ideal in my opinion. Super user friendly.

A4826C8E-F3BC-4005-84CD-FF8625E2A9CC.jpeg

Slide releases are not quick to find and operate in a gunfight. Learn to jerk the slide back to reload off a new magazine. Using your off hand means you don't have to change your grip and the muscle memory is more consistant than trying to find that little button when the Shiznet is hitting the fan. Learn and practice mag swaps and going back into action WITHOUT having to look at the gun.

Slide releases are not quick to find and operate in a gunfight. Learn to jerk the slide back to reload off a new magazine. Using your off hand means you don't have to change your grip and the muscle memory is more consistant than trying to find that little button when the Shiznet is hitting the fan. Learn and practice mag swaps and going back into action WITHOUT having to look at the gun.
Yea…..

So hard to find.

Funny, I've reloaded thousands of times in IDPA and Defensive Pistol matches and other than the first couple of times have never looked for the slide release. It's always right there where I left it, right under my right thumb. Other than moving my thumb up and down the grip doesn't change.

Only if one lacks proprioception, a.k.a. not being find one's own azz with both hands.

That's too bad. Glock makes an OEM extended slide release that works like a charm. It comes standard on guns like the 34 and 35 and a few others. I've got 'em on our 17, 19, a 23 and my wife's 43X. About $12 and a couple minutes to install.
I like the TD/Vickers version better, lower profile but still big enough to manipulate.

Unless you've caught a round or otherwise injured your weak hand/arm.
I assume this situation could apply after the first mag is fired to empty and the slide locks back, since I wouldn't expect that you carry your pistol with the slide already locked back before the engagement even begins.
One should not be able to drop the slide with one hand, they should be able to preform clearance drills, including racking the slide, one-handed.

Not sure, but slingshot feels faster and more natural to me.
It feels that why because you're use to it. IMO, the slingshot method is lame, if I'm using a "rack the slide" method I go over the top, but neither is as fast as using a release method, it is easily proved with shot timer. Bill Blower is the king of gun manipulation diagnostics, here is video of him breaking down each method and using a timer to demonstrate the difference.

It feels that why because you're use to it. IMO, the slingshot method is lame, if I'm using a "rack the slide" method I go over the top, but neither is as fast as using a release method, it is easily proved with shot timer. Bill Blower is the king of gun manipulation diagnostics, here is video of him breaking down each method and using a timer to demonstrate the difference.

Slide catch button method is lame imo, and real life doesn't care about your shot timer. All that matters is that you use what is fastest and easiest for the individual.

:s0140::s0140:

How would you know what is fastest if it is not verified by a shot timer? And BTW, I'm pretty sure Blower's has dealt with plenty of "real life" situations.
You should get this guy together with the berm guy who doesn't think WMLs serve a purpose. They would probably get along great.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top