JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The P365 gives you more options. Want to drop it in your pocket? Use the 10rd mag. Want to conceal at 3 o'clock, go with the 12rd. for better grip.

I converted my GF's P365 over to a safety version. Trying to source the 3 parts needed for the conversion was a real pain in the a$$. Finding a frame cut for the safety was also hard to track down for awhile.

If I were in the market for a P365/XL with a manual safety, I'd opt to buy the safety version and call it a day.

I will say that the safety install is extremely easy. You have the safety levers (one piece) a detent and detent spring. Just don't launch your spring. It's tiny and about six bucks to replace, if you can find one in stock.

I didn't know this was possible. You might consider a brief write up about how you did this. I'd love to put a safety on my SAS. Folks might appreciate it. I know I would.

You might split the difference. Buy a pistol with the safety. Then just turn the safety to the off position and holster your loaded pistol.

About that time you'll likely realize you have just holstered a loaded pistol with the safety off. You'll ask yourself what on earth you are doing, you'll apply the safety, breathe easier, and then realize your dilemma is over.

I'm 5'9" 150lbs and have appendix carried a 365 all day every day for 2 years, and it completely dissapears. Id still like to own an xl as well, but why not have the smaller option. Also like you said, you can always add a longer magazine. I'd say keep as short as possible.
I've put around 4k through mine and it really is the end all conceal carry gun IMO.

I bought my P365 before the manual safety version was available. Personally, I like manual safeties. Might end up doing the conversion. I found this kit which looks like the easiest way to go:

The problem is catching that kit when it is in stock. But yes, that it the kit I bought. Unfortunately, that kit did not exist when I 1st started to source the four parts needed for the conversion. I ended up getting the safety and grip module prior to finding that kit.

From my understanding, Sig only makes the conversion parts available for sale in very small batches. So unless you are on one of the sites like in the link, they sell out within minutes of showing in stock. Even with email notification that the part(s) still sold out before making g it through the checkout prosess! Errrr....

That is the vid I watched before doing my install. The hardest part from me was removing the FCU pin. It was extremely tight in the frame and took more effort than it should ave to remove (took a few firm taps with a small soft faced hammer to get it to budge.
There is a "c" type clip in the module that indexes in a groove on the pin (that's what keeps the pin secure in the frame) once that resistance is overcome, The pin slides right out.

I bet most small children could do the install, provided they had the manual dexterity to to get the detent and detent spring into the safety and then seating the detent into the grip module pocket.

Also, and I don't recall if I mentioned this in a previous reply but the safety levers are fairly low profile. While this makes sense on a carry gun, if you any miles on a 1911 type thumb safety, this safety maybe a bit problematic for you. Just something to keep in mind.

Whatever you do, just make sure you buy the most expensive model and put it in the cheapest holster you can find. Gotta prioritize the budget :s0073:

lso, and I don't recall if I mentioned this in a previous reply but the safety levers are fairly low profile. While this makes sense on a carry gun, if you any miles on a 1911 type thumb safety, this safety maybe a bit problematic for you. Just something to keep in mind.
Yeah, I read they're not horrible, but they're not the best and take some training.

I debated on the XL or non-XL question for a while as well. Ended up getting the XL and the SAS. The P365 SAS for me is primarily appendix carry. The XL goes to 4'oclock with a Streamlight TLR6. I've had the XL in appendix carry as well and it's actually just fine. Shootability-wise, I prefer the XL by far. But for max concealment, the SAS is better for me.

I train with condition 3, no round in chamber. Many advise to carry a round in chamber to reduce reaction time, which makes sense but my preference is to build muscle memory with draw and rack.

I debated on the XL or non-XL question for a while as well. Ended up getting the XL and the SAS. The P365 SAS for me is primarily appendix carry. The XL goes to 4'oclock with a Streamlight TLR6. I've had the XL in appendix carry as well and it's actually just fine. Shootability-wise, I prefer the XL by far. But for max concealment, the SAS is better for me.

I train with condition 3, no round in chamber. Many advise to carry a round in chamber to reduce reaction time, which makes sense but my preference is to build muscle memory with draw and rack.
Carrying unloaded this is a bad idea I can come up with a million scenarios where this would be a bad choice, but we live in a free world it's your decision.
I also like no safety it gets to confusing swiping it off. I have no problems doing it with a 1911 it feels natural. I think it has to do with how my hand fits the grip it feels right to ride the safety and that reminds me.To all the other safeties They feel wrong I forget their even there and that would be bad in a high stress situation.
I also would like to have dingus on the trigger as the p365 doesn't have one being I'm use to Glocks. It does however have a good trigger for such a small pistol. No ones talked about that, it's hard to find a trigger like that in this size of gun.

Last Edited:
That is the vid I watched before doing my install. The hardest part from me was removing the FCU pin. It was extremely tight in the frame and took more effort than it should ave to remove (took a few firm taps with a small soft faced hammer to get it to budge.
There is a "c" type clip in the module that indexes in a groove on the pin (that's what keeps the pin secure in the frame) once that resistance is overcome, The pin slides right out.

I bet most small children could do the install, provided they had the manual dexterity to to get the detent and detent spring into the safety and then seating the detent into the grip module pocket.

Also, and I don't recall if I mentioned this in a previous reply but the safety levers are fairly low profile. While this makes sense on a carry gun, if you any miles on a 1911 type thumb safety, this safety maybe a bit problematic for you. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm gonna do this. But first I gotta hunt you a small child to insure success. Thanks for posting this.

I got the XL (13 round gun) to replace my S&W Shield (10 round gun with Magguts +2) as a belt gun, which it does well. Someday I may buy a 365 (11 round gun) to replace my Kahr PM9 (8 round gun with Magguts +1) as a pocket gun. But the 365 and the 365XL are complementary guns. I think they could both be owned. Kinda sorta like if you own a Glock 26 you may as well also own a G19.

I bought the P365 TacPac w/ manual safety. I bought it when the XL was available. I liked the XL, but the whole point of the P365 was maximum capacity in minimum size. I can put the P365 in my pocket with the flush 10-round magazine and the safety on. Or, I can insert the 12-round magazine and carry it IWB or OWB with comfort and maximum concealability. I can carry with the safety on or off as I see fit.

I can make the P365 bigger as needed, but I can't make the XL smaller. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top