JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've shot the p365, and thought it shot just fine. I've been looking to get the p365 for a while, and was initially thinking to carry with the 12 round magazine because i can get a full grip. Then i realized the p365xl existed and has the full grip. Other than a little larger, seems like a better overall gun.

My only hesitation is, i'm newer to concealed carry and conceal-ability (size/weight) was my biggest concern when I first started. My first carry pistol was an LCP II, because you just forget about it. I was leaning toward the p365 for the same reason. But the XL model just seems like it's nicer all around. My biggest concern is regrets on size. I'm 5'10" with normal hand size and would be carrying on the 4 o'clock position. Other than being about 1/2" longer and 3oz heavier, doesn't seem like any drawbacks with the XL except the larger magazine which might be an issue for printing. I figured if it became a real problem, can get the original grip and put it on the XL to shrink it back down to a 10 round.

Thoughts? I'm sure i'm overthinking it, just trying not to buy both guns (which is always the problem).

Last Edited:
Sounds like you need a G19:D:p

Honestly I have no idea.

I OWB a G17 and only gun people will recognize any kind of printing.

I'm 6'1" so the 17 is perfect for me

Thanks, my biggest issue is not knowing what the larger gun carries like. I agree, that's why i'm thinking the p365XL would work great. Especially since a longer slide isn't an issue, more about the grip.

If you like that platform, I bet you would be happier with the XL unless you have tiny little girl hands/body. Personally I like my G43X much better than my wife's P365. The grip length is OK with the extended mag, and although different, the trigger is OK, but I just can't get used to the grip angle...I guess I'm a Glock guy in that respect.

Thanks, my biggest issue is not knowing what the larger gun carries like. I agree, that's why i'm thinking the p365XL would work great. Especially since a longer slide isn't an issue, more about the grip.
Fyi most people starting out are overly concerned about concealability, including myself when I first started carrying.
I used to carry tiny guns the first version of the LCP in 380 and the Sig Sauer P938, now guns that small I tend to avoid because I can get away with carrying a pistol the size of a Glock 17 or Glock 21 with just a t-shirt. That said those smaller guns are great for comfort when the weather gets really hot. That said though I'd rather have a larger pistol in most situations Glock 19 is my ideal size, there is a reason it is the most popular Glock. The 17 packs well but the slightly shorter barrel and slide on the 19 make it more comfortable if I'm seated.

The P365 has been my primary carry for the past 2+ years. One of the things that appeals to me is its diminutive size despite the great ergos. The only reason I'd consider the XL is if I wanted to run an RMR, which I don't.

I have the 365xl. I used to carry a glock 19, and this is my first Sig pistol. It is phenomenal for carry, and the snappiness of a small framed gun is tamed pretty well. I think it is the best option for a small gun that doesn't compromise much compared to glock 19 sized guns

If you like that platform, I bet you would be happier with the XL unless you have tiny little girl hands/body. Personally I like my G43X much better than my wife's P365. The grip length is OK with the extended mag, and although different, the trigger is OK, but I just can't get used to the grip angle...I guess I'm a Glock guy in that respect.

Fyi most people starting out are overly concerned about concealability, including myself when I first started carrying.
I used to carry tiny guns the first version of the LCP in 380 and the Sig Sauer P938, now guns that small I tend to avoid because I can get away with carrying a pistol the size of a Glock 17 or Glock 21 with just a t-shirt. That said those smaller guns are great for comfort when the weather gets really hot. That said though I'd rather have a larger pistol in most situations Glock 19 is my ideal size, there is a reason it is the most popular Glock. The 17 packs well but the slightly shorter barrel and slide on the 19 make it more comfortable if I'm seated.

This is exactly why I think the XL is the way to go too. Plus the p365 is SO close to the LCP II in size and the only big benefit seems like caliber. Thanks.

Another vote for the P365 w/12 round magazines... I'm 5'10", close to 200lbs, it'll tuck away very nicely under most clothing, I prefer going one size up to provide a bit more space, but t-shirt carry is very feasible with the P365...

Another vote for the P365 w/12 round magazines... I'm 5'10", close to 200lbs, it'll tuck away very nicely under most clothing, I prefer going one size up to provide a bit more space, but t-shirt carry is very feasible with the P365...
Spot the P365...
A15C254D-89D8-40E1-B887-763E12F0E111.jpeg C48D7A36-E07F-489D-A569-C7FAFAB08D92.jpeg

Agreed, this is why i love the p365. Zero effort to conceal. I was even looking at the TACPAC which has three 12 round mags. That said, the 12 round mags are basically the same size as the XL which has 12 and no mag to gain it. Only difference is the 1/2" slide/barrel length.

1596162812274.png

I didn't mean same size, but about 1/2" taller and 3/4" longer. So adding that to the p365xl adds another 1/2 on both. I agree, the p365 is kind of the middle gun in this case (with 10 rounds at least). However adding the 12 round mag to the regular p365 is essentially an XL.

Vs the p365 and p365 XL:
1596163059984.png

Last Edited:
Get the 365XL. You'll be happier. Longer site picture is always a plus.

As for this or that, I'm rocking my p238 pocket carry and today's rotation is Springfield RO Compact 9mm 1911. Sometimes it's my VP9, Glock 19, 92FS or ATI FX45 1911.

No one pays attention, that's the goal... be the grey guy.

Oh, and don't fidget once you IWB/OWB carry.

Additional question, safety or no safety.

I'm leaning on safety as the trigger doesn't even had a trigger blade safety. I'd obviously train with it, but i just don't feel comfortable carrying with a live round without some sort of safety. Else i'd carry without one in the chamber.

I know i just opened a HUGE can of worms, just looking at opinions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top