JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had my P365 SAS since April this year and P365XL in May. Put around 150 rounds through each. Mostly Federal Syntech 115, 124, and 147 gr.

I've started to notice the spent casing has a slight drag mark on them, this week, when cleaning, I took a closer look at the firing pins and they look like worn on one side. The side towards topside of the gun.

I check against my P229 and P320...I don't see the same and those other guns had more shots through them.

Is this normal for P365 SAS and XL? Is this by design or are they wearing out prematurely?

The photo with both firing pins is XL on the left, SAS on the right.

IMG_1432.jpg IMG_1421 1.jpg IMG_1426 1.jpg IMG_1427 1.jpg IMG_1428 1.jpg

Mine used to drag across the entire primer to the casing which caused me pause. I've heard pistols of this size do drag but I haven't seen that.

Not normal; will start puncturing primers or failing to detonate. Contact Sig for a new one. Consider getting an aftermarket one made from hardened steel, not the crap Sig is MIM casting.

Now I feel compelled to look at mine. Dang shame because it carries and shoots so well for me. If it's the case, I'll just have to eat crow I guess and buy something different?

Now I feel compelled to look at mine. Dang shame because it carries and shoots so well for me. If it's the case, I'll just have to eat crow I guess and buy something different?
100% this, I loved mine and how it concealed and shot. But after all the negative news came out I just lost confidence and sold it, so now I lug around my G26 brick...:(

Im sure some have turned out fantastic but I just couldn't get over my doubts.

update - spoke with Sig today and was informed that there were some issues at the beginning with p365 striker around 2018 but since then they've redesigned the striker and the angled shape is by design. Apparently this is how they are new. Another member shared a photo of his new striker and it looks the same as mine (scroll up some to read his post).

I'm going to keep shooting my p365s and keep an eye out to see if any issues. The upside is that Sig has made avail a striker kit for replacement in case if something does happen to it.

I stopped looking at the azz end of the cartridge on mine a long, long, long time ago.
In fact I need to see about getting another RSA as I'm approaching 2,500 rounds.
Most with 9mm NATO or 147gn FMJ.
The Winchester M1153 is about the only 115gn I have used and it's pretty hot.

If you buy one go by the date on the box from the manufacturer. I picked one up with a date of APR 2020 (the day the gun is actually made in the factory) this year. Reading around online indicates they've solved the problem as reported around other gun sites post 2019.

If in doubt I believe there is an aftermarket striker you can buy and drop in.

This is where I was being informed of such: What build dates are the 2nd generation 365 - SIG Talk

Also it seems they still have issues with it in 2020 according to this thread: Broken Firing Pin - SIG Talk
Thread dates 1-26-2020

Last Edited:
100% this, I loved mine and how it concealed and shot. But after all the negative news came out I just lost confidence and sold it, so now I lug around my G26 brick...:(

Im sure some have turned out fantastic but I just couldn't get over my doubts.

Try a G48. I think you'd find it a more comfortable carry than the 26.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top