JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd recommend going with a black rear sight,
I'm using the DPP rear sight attachment

PXL_20210317_194003145.jpg

For the DPP backup iron sight insert a .455" Dawson front sight is needed.
I believe they are the only ones making one that tall.

Dawson is a reputable company, tell them your tale of woe and they may send you another.
FWIW I have broken off the base/dovetail on a Trijicon front sight trying to use a pusher.

The next two I fitted better and used a nylon punch at the base to install them.

Fitting sites wasn't as straightforward as I thought it would be. You shouldn't just bang it the old ones and throw the new one in the dovetail and push/punch it in. Some (most) firearms have a correct direction the old site should be removed in, and the new one should be inserted from that same side. Before punching/pushing it in you should file down the base enough that it friction/press fits into the dovetail solidly, but doesn't require enough force to damage anything. Also a little bit of blue lock tight once you have it centered and/or shooting straight isn't a bad idea eather. I a used a brass punch against the base when I replaced the sights on my P320. Copper solvent like you would use in your barrel will remove brass marks from a brass punch.

It's also handy to have some oxpho blue to refinish parts on the sights and/or dovetail if necessary as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top