JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That X-SIX is ugly :eek: I mean, uglier than a Glock ugly. They couldn't decide on an aesthetic - I see P-series classics, Sig Pro lines, and the lines of the P-320 all in one gun. Makes no sense. I am also not sure what this gun gives you over the elite stainless guns - wasn't there an SAO in that lineup?

It is really just an elongated X-FIVE. It's basic difference is that it has a six inch long barrel.

They also have a new X-SHORT match pistol too. It has just a 4.4 inch barrel.

X_SHORT_CLASSIC-956x690.jpg

These guns appear to be quite rare, and very expensive. I found a single X-SIX listed on gunbroker.com, and the dealer wanted over $7k for it. I think that the dealer may be gouging the price, though.

pix395444422.jpg

Last Edited:
Update after my second 100 rounds at the range: I thought the sights needed to be adjusted/replaced as I required an upward hold, but a friend (who is a better marksmen than I) shot it and nailed 15 rounds into the bullseye (0.7" ragged hole; cheap WWB FMJ) at 7 yards with a standard sight picture. So, it looks like (1) my P320 is capable of very good accuracy with the current sight height and (2) I need more trigger time as I think I'm jerking at the end of the pull. He liked it so much he's considering a new purchase...

Last Edited:
Final(?) update after a 180-round 'break in' from four short range trips. I think I'm figuring out the trigger and determined the sight alignment to be perfect. On my first three range trips, I was pulling shots low (POI below POA). I'm shooting with a standard sight alignment now, and pleased with the results of a 5x5x5 drill during my fourth trip:
115 gr WWB FMJ = 0.49" accuracy; 1.19" precision
115 gr MagTech FMJ = 0.38" accuracy; 0.69" precision
124 gr Federal HST = 0.38" accuracy; 0.69" precision​

Accuracy decreased to 1.19" with the HST from 15 yards. Still thinking about that Gray Guns PELT trigger...

Pic with MagTech FMJ on left and Winchester FMJ on right:
Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 10.57.24 PM.png

Not a Legion but I'm enjoying it for a sub-$500 pistol.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm making groups like shown with guns made 100 years ago and barely hitting "center mass" with my MK25... I guess I need another 300 rounds.

Good update!

Final(?) update after a 180-round 'break in' from four short range trips. I think I'm figuring out the trigger and determined the sight alignment to be perfect. On my first three range trips, I was pulling shots low (POI below POA). I'm shooting with a standard sight alignment now, and pleased with the results of a 5x5x5 drill during my fourth trip:
115 gr WWB FMJ = 0.49" accuracy; 1.19" precision
115 gr MagTech FMJ = 0.38" accuracy; 0.69" precision
124 gr Federal HST = 0.38" accuracy; 0.69" precision​

Accuracy decreased to 1.19" with the HST from 15 yards. Still thinking about that Gray Guns PELT trigger...

Pic with MagTech FMJ on left and Winchester FMJ on right:
View attachment 371691

Not a Legion but I'm enjoying it for a sub-$500 pistol.
Not too bad... I have the 320 and love it. I have a Legion 229 and the 229 combat. All fun! Oh dang I almost forgot to enter in Sig giveaway. Anyway... I would offer you to check them out. The combat vs Legion as far as differences is the Legion is blacked around the night sight and the combat is white around it. The trigger resets shorter than the combat but, it is pretty small. The controls are smaller on the Legion.:rolleyes: The grip is a little thinner in spots on the Legion and lastly the beaver tail. Price difference is about $200-250. Downside is that the combat is not sao. If it came down to 1911 or 226? I go with the 226. More rounds... more time between reloads... good night sights... and smooth, super short reset trigger.:) I however think that the STX is great looking, the nightmare is ridiculously sick, and every other fast back. Oh my precious little Sig's. I want them ALL!!!!

I just personally prefer compact size.

I own the basic P320c and the Sig P226 Legion SA/DA. Love the Legion. Having said that, I had some unexpected life events and have been considering selling it. About a 1000 rounds through it.

Awesome! Will the PELT2 drop into an X5? I've read that the X5 trigger is a standard 5-6 lbs, which is good for home defense (legally) but not ideal for the range.

Yes, and we stock the Grayguns and Springer Precision goodies for them too. I know Luke and Keith (2 of our competitive shooters) both run the X5 with that trigger.

OP, if your description of storing the 43 "up high" means that there is no child safety measure in place, then I urge you to get a SnapSafe or some other locking container to store your guns in. Kids find things everywhere, even up high.

OP, if your description of storing the 43 "up high" means that there is no child safety measure in place, then I urge you to get a SnapSafe or some other locking container to store your guns in. Kids find things everywhere, even up high.
Thank you User 1234. I've since revised my storage system. Plus, I take both of my kids shooting frequently and teach them safe handling skills, including only doing so under my supervision. But you're right - it only takes once.

I now have 5 SIGs. All of them SA/DA not striker fired. I have a 227 Tactical and two 226s - a Mk25 and an older non-rail 226. I also have a 2022. For the 226s that came to me in 9mm, I have three conversion kits, one in .40, one in .357 SIG and one in .22 LR.

Of these, I am hard pressed to say whether I like my Mk25 or my 227 better - the 227 has the threaded barrel and the 14 round extended mags, but no rubber grips offered for it - the Mk25 now has rubber grips, but I don't have a threaded barrel for it -yet. I like the trigger on them both - the 227 has the SRT trigger. I think I will send them both to the SIG Armorer to have Burke work his magic on the trigger and action to make them even better - probably the 227 first. The 227 has been discontinued.

I like the 2022 the least (got it for a get home gun to keep in my daily driver - JIC SHTF) - the frame is 'plastic' and it is noticeably lighter than the other SIGs. I don't like its ergos as much and there isn't much I can do about that as no aftermarket grips are available that I know of (I like Hogue rubber grips). I think its trigger is not as good as the others, but still a LOT better than any striker fired pistol I have shot to date (I am told some HKs have a good striker trigger? But I have not shot one.).

I have not shot any of the SIG striker fired guns. I see no reason to as long as SIG continues to make SA/DA guns. I like the SA/DA trigger. I like that I can decock and carry safely with one in the chamber without having to work the action or gingerly drop the hammer by working the trigger. I like that I can then use the DA trigger to shoot the first round. I like that if there is a misfire I can pull the trigger again - 80% of misfires can be resolved with a second strike. I like the ergos. I like the feel of the metal frame over the 'plastic'. I like that I can find a wider selection of grips for the SA/DA guns - especially the rubber ones (not had good luck with the rubber 'sleeves').

Of course, with handguns, it comes down mostly to ergos and how well you shoot the gun. YMMV. I would be glad to let you shoot any of my SIGs at a range of your choice (Vancouver or PDX) if you wish to get a feel for the SA/DA guns in any of the calibers I have (I have no .357 SIG ammo though).

I like the .40 S&W - I think it is a good compromise and more effective than 9mm, but if SHTF ammo won't be anywhere near as available as 9mm or maybe even .45 ACP. The 357 SIG is probably going to fade away, even though it is probably better than 9mm - I just got the conversion because I could and it was inexpensive.

I like the idea of the modular 320, but not quite sure that it goes beyond the 'idea' and would provide me anything to be of practical use. Such things appeal to most people, but outside of an organizational armory (like the military), I am not sure that it serves a purpose in practice - when I want a different gun, I get yet another gun, I don't run into my workshop and tear down any that I have and reconfigure them. OTOH - I would switch calibers - but that only takes a few seconds. Again, YMMV.

Used like new Legion 226/229's are $700-$950.

I like the trigger, grip, small slide stop, and undercut trigger. And it's very accurate. With great sights.
To bad 9mm is the only option in a new one.
It would be a p220 if it was in 45...
Where are you finding like new Legion P229's in that price range?
I really gotta know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top