JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the SAO trigger upgrade is only 50$, but I like the extra safety of da/sa. I also didn't like the sights on the legion. I do prefer a little of an "old school" aesthetic tho.

I think the SAO trigger upgrade is only 50$, but I like the extra safety of da/sa. I also didn't like the sights on the legion. I do prefer a little of an "old school" aesthetic tho.

I'm still partial to the DA/SA trigger too. That is why I went with the Beretta PX4. The Polymer frame CZ P-07 pistol also offers the same combo of DA/SA trigger, together with a polymer frame. Same thing with a number of HK pistol models, like the P30. So you end up with a combo of traditional old school trigger features, together with the new lighter polymer frame trend. In a way, I think that it is sort of having the best of both worlds.

Although the trend sure looks like things are headed for Striker pistols to even more heavily dominate the market. CZ has come out with their new P-10 C. And HK has come out with their new VP series Striker pistols. Beretta has also now come out with a competitor to the P320: the APX. Apparently the APX lost out to the P320 in the Army trials.

I fear that people like us that appreciate the older DA/SA trigger design may be a dying breed.

Indeed, seeing as how the most common search for troubleshooting a P226 is installing an SAO trigger... besides all of that, decockers are just plain cool.

Well put, cheers to that!

I'm a glocker person, so this may be a little hypocritical, However, the P320 looks like a plastic block that a designer forgot to finish molding. It just looks akward and cheap.
I owned a a Sig P229 before I went to the Glocks. And I like the steel pistol, but for whatever reason it consistantly shot about 4" lower than I was aiming.
Ended up selling it a year later and just never got the love for it.

Bought a glock. Now I have 4.
If I didn't have the glock I would go with a S&W M&P hands down.

I'm a glocker person, so this may be a little hypocritical, However, the P320 looks like a plastic block that a designer forgot to finish molding. It just looks akward and cheap.
I owned a a Sig P229 before I went to the Glocks. And I like the steel pistol, but for whatever reason it consistantly shot about 4" lower than I was aiming.

There are lots of good handguns to choose from. Beretta, CZ, Springfield Armory, and HK, to name a few. But the M&P does have the advantage of being made right here in the USA.

The new Beretta APX is a very interesting pistol. But there is something odd about its looks that just bothers me. I'm sure that it is a well made gun, though,

S_Program_at_Beretta_Tactical_Summit_BTS_2015_4-01-15_David_Crane_DefenseReview.com_DR_1-660x330.jpg

Last Edited:
Good choice. The army thinks so too!

I didn't go for the legion either, seems like an inflated MK25... the extra feature is a glow stick, some grip tape, and a cool chevron on every part of the gun... totally worth the extra 200$-400$... lol

I will second the CZ suggestion. I have read too much about them to ignore.
I'll have to check out CZ; has not been on my radar.

Funny, we all have different tastes don't we? I generally like the 'tough and simple' aesthetics of Glock and P-series Sigs (non-stainless and the Legion does border on being too flashy for my taste). Compared to my Glocks, I find the P320 to be much less like a plastic block; the designers added bevels to the slide, front serrations, and a subtle beavertail to the frame. M&Ps look good to me, but polymer options from HK P/VPs, Baretta, and Springfield look a little too 'futuristic' for me.

There are lots of good handguns to choose from. Beretta, CZ, Springfield Armory, and HK, to name a few. But the M&P does have the advantage of being made right here in the USA.

The new Beretta APX is a very interesting pistol. But there is something odd about its looks that just bothers me. I'm sure that it is a well made gun, though,

View attachment 363047

The Sig I just bought was made entirely in the USA, including the mags. Springfields are also aren't they?

- I think you're thinking of an SRT (short reset trigger) upgrade for $50. I don't think a DA/SA trigger can easily be converted to a SAO, especially with an external safety lever.
- "Old school" aesthetic - yes.
- For a carry gun, I'd lean on the safety of a DA/SA as well, but my purpose is a range/pack/home defense gun so I'd be happy with a SAO+external safety.

Last Edited:
Took home a P320 full size yesterday. They'll still be room in my safe for a P226 someday, but I'm optimistic about this one's purpose.

Things I immediately appreciated:
- great price (thank you Billy; Clark County Transfers)
- good serial number (I wasn't able to pick it like I have in the past)
- metal sights (standard contrast for now, but at least high-quality)
- came with a decent-looking OWB holster (I knew that)
- included a sticker (I love stickers)

View attachment 362563

Things that surprised me:
- frame (grip module) did NOT include the 'FULL MEDIUM' panel on the right front of the dust cover (I hated that); it's been replaced by a simple little 'M' on the backstrap (my gun was born April 24, 2017)

View attachment 362564

- the guide rod is metal - I expected to upgrade this from poly - but now I don't have to!

View attachment 362565

- the two 17-round mags included were made in the USA, while the spare mag I bought separately was made in Italy; there are cosmetic differences but I'm not sure of any functional differences

View attachment 362566
View attachment 362567

Now I just need to get out to the range this weekend; likely first thing tomorrow morning!
BRIEF RANGE REPORT
I snuck up to my favorite shooting spot before dinner last night, between rain storms. Shot 88 rounds (what was left of a 100-rd box) of WWB 115 gr FMJ. Gun ran perfectly; no FTF/FTE, great ejection. Trigger is decent, much better than my Glock 43 which I tend to pull low-left at speed. With this cheap ammo, and my inexperience with the gun, accuracy averaged 1.7" at 7 yards. After a year of shooting my G43, I can achieve an average accuracy of ~2.5" at 7 yards, but match the P320 if I use the laser. Split times were about the same at 0.17-0.20 seconds. I spent the last 5 rounds at 25 yards (something I never do with my G43); accuracy reduced to 4.3" and groups opened up from ~3" to 5".

Clearly, there is more potential as I gain experience, but I'm generally pleased. I either need to work on my trigger control or drift the sights to the right a bit. I created a ragged hole with ~10 rounds from 7 yards; something I've never done before. My last impression is this: despite mostly slow-fire, I went through ammo much faster than usual. I must have been having a good time. Time to learn how to reload... :)

IMG_4188b.jpg

Last Edited:
The Sig I just bought was made entirely in the USA, including the mags. Springfields are also aren't they?

Yes, almost all new SIG pistols sold in the USA are now entirely made here. I have an older P220 that was all made in Germany. For awhile, many SIG handguns had frames made in Germany, with slides and barrels made in the USA. But they eventually transitioned to doing the overwhelming majority of their manufacturing here.

All of Springfield Armory's XD series handguns are 100% manufactured by the company HS Product, in the city of Karlovac, in Croatia. One just needs to take a close look at any XD pistol:

springfield_armory_xd_pistol_1420123_7.jpg

Yes, almost all new SIG pistols sold in the USA are now entirely made here. I have an older P220 that was all made in Germany. For awhile, many SIG handguns had frames made in Germany, with slides and barrels made in the USA.
Methinks that SIG had to bolster its USA production facilities/capability as part of winning the US MHS contract.

Methinks that SIG had to bolster its USA production facilities/capability as part of winning the US MHS contract.

Well, I think that is correct. Plus I also believe that the cost of doing business in New Hampshire may actually be lower than it is in Germany. Sig guns were becoming quite expensive. And New Hampshire is very friendly to gun makers. So I believe that their may have been other economic reasons that also led to this change.

They still do make some guns in Germany. I don't know if the new German made X-SIX competition pistol is even available in the USA yet:

XSIX_PPC_slider-1142x690.png

That X-SIX is ugly :eek: I mean, uglier than a Glock ugly. They couldn't decide on an aesthetic - I see P-series classics, Sig Pro lines, and the lines of the P-320 all in one gun. Makes no sense. I am also not sure what this gun gives you over the elite stainless guns - wasn't there an SAO in that lineup?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top