JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend of mine is low on cash and offered up his suppressors for sale. I have done a forms with the ATF before but if this has already been registered in his name is there any additional paperwork to complete on his side? Or is this the same process as if I bought it from a dealer, I see no difference so far or additional forms on the ATF site?

A friend of mine is low on cash and offered up his suppressors for sale. I have done a forms with the ATF before but if this has already been registered in his name is there any additional paperwork to complete on his side? Or is this the same process as if I bought it from a dealer, I see no difference so far or additional forms on the ATF site?

My understanding is that it's the same process. You guys fill out the Form 4, he signs as the transferor and you sign as the transferee, include all the other paperwork and send it in. You just can't have the suppressor(s) until he gets the paperwork back.

Boy, I'd sure check with a qualified gun trust attorney before I slept soundly under that 'buyer is a new member of trust' thing.

Not having done a FTF NFA transfer I am guessing here, but the way I'd like to do it, if it were me, would be the first route; submit your Form 4 and get the equipment transferred into your own Trust or individual stamp and then own it 100%.

In this way as Barney Rubble you're not perpetually explaining why you have a piece of gear registered to the Fred Flintstone Family Trust. Now you're lugging around a copy of the trust; and what happens when Fred dies in a car accident and the family wants "their" NFA item back?

As Astro once famously said, "Ruh-roah."

No trust involved, thank goodness! Thanks for the help confirming the process guys. Eforms done. Time to wait again.

That would be a legal way around that.

no, it wouldn't be legal. i explicitly asked dennis brislawn about it. he said it wasn't legal, no way no how. adding them as a trustee is NOT a way around it. you can't sell your trust, either.

if the feds catch you, guaranteed ride to federal prison for both seller and purchaser. as well as permanent loss of all your gun rights.

it ain't worth it to try dicking with the system.

You could add a person to the trust while they were waiting for their form 4 to clear. I never said anything about selling the trust.

Certainly not advised, but if I added a person with a temporary trustee form they would have the legal right to be in possession of the item until the date marked.

The attached form is from Dennis' silver trust.
IMG_1996.jpg

This is what I was referring to. Again, not advised, and I certainly wouldn't be adding anybody to my trust as even a temporary trustee if I couldn't count on them to help me in the worst situation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top